Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. shiels
    Started by shiels,

    Hi all. I am part of a non home office police force l(military police) looking to transfer to a UK constabulary. Does anyone know if a) Any constabularies take years served across with transfer (from non HO force) and If the time ive served hold any value to a recruiter whatsoever? Many thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 327 views
  2. klo306
    Started by klo306,

    Hi all, (long time reader first time writer) just been informed I have my interview date set for the post of special constable in Lancs central division. Been doing quite a bit of research on the division itself, core competencies, job spec etc etc. Just wanted to tap into this fountain of knowledge and ask if anyone knows of any further preparations i should be taking. Any advice will be greatly appreciated Klo306

  3. lincs_pc22
    Started by lincs_pc22,

    Hi, Just wondering if the police do any more checks (references) once they have given you a start date and if you have to give notice or if the police write to your employer to do this? Thanks :-)

    • 6 replies
    • 671 views
  4. JamieP1546620297
    Started by JamieP1546620297,

    Hey i sent my application form off on the 1st of this month, i was just wondering, as i have not heard anything, do they notify you if the reject the application? And by what means? Letter, phone?

    • 3 replies
    • 436 views
  5. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    Grrrrrr!! It seems that ever stage I go through with GMP is more delayed than everyone else! Most people get a final interview a couple of months after the a/c, but those that had their a/c at the same time as me had to wait 6 months. We then had to wait over 2 months for the fitness test (had it last week) and then found out today that the medical isnt until 18th February wheras nearly every else on here has it the month after the fitness test! That will mean it will have taken me over 14 months to go through the 4 recruitment stages! I had hoped to have the medical early Jan and possibly to make it in for the March intake, but at this rate it will be cutting it a bit…

  6. chrisglover41
    Started by chrisglover41,

    What Division / ATB did everyone get? I've been put in L Division (Wigan) and my ATB is Leigh, pretty pleased with that! Hope everyone else is happy with theirs, see you all on the 5th Jan and Merry Christmas!

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. AJN
    Started by AJN * ,

    I've just found out I have mild osteoarthritis in both knees. My left knee in particular stiffens up and is very painful after about 4 hours walking. I am due for assessment in a couple of months and although I'm sure I'll be fine for the fitness test I'm worried about the medical and when working. Does anyone know about the effect this may have on the application/work? Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 193 views
  8. Future-cop
    Started by Future-cop,

    Reading the post at the top of the thread I have become quite concerned. I passed my final interview yesterday and have my medical on Saturday, one of the questions on my medical report i had to fill out after my final was; Are there any hireditory conditions in your family? My answer was; Grandfather had Glaucoma and mother attended hospital with symptoms of Glaucoma, however these symptons appear to have passed. I have had no symptons of the condition. The part that concerned me in the above post was; "Forces will reject applicants with a history of a detached retina and glaucoma." How do they define history? Is it my personal history or will my family's connecti…

    • 4 replies
    • 293 views
  9. Andrewgoat
    Started by Andrewgoat,

    Hi guys I have my medical soon with TVP and I've had some trouble with my ears recently. I've experienced reduced hearing but I'm currently taking medication for it. I'm quite worried about the hearing test because I'm concerned that I might fail on it. Do many people fail on this part of the medical? Also what does it entail?

    • 3 replies
    • 300 views
  10. C.White
    Started by C.White * ,

    Hi all, I'm a little confused at the moment as to whats happening and how long im supposed to wait for my prov start date. I passed medical 5 weeks ago and was told , at my fitness test, that I would have a prov start date within 2 weeks, Needless to say I havent heard anything. I have contacted recruitment several times and have recieved three different answers from three different people, all amounting to the fact that i've got to sit tight and wait to be contacted. My question to people - is this standard practice? How long have you had to wait? Is it advisable to keep phoning and reminding recruitment about your application? Cheers.

    • 4 replies
    • 617 views
  11. Olly1546619913
    Started by Olly1546619913,

    Hi all, I''ve sent off my application but after looking through other posts I've remembered I still have some of my student loan to pay off. I didn't state this in my application, as it's completely escaped me. It's not £10k- 15k or anything, as I left. Last I remembered I think I've got about £700 left, which is no problem as I don't have to pay it off until I'm in full-time work (over 20k a year?) anyway. The money isn't a problem to me right now, will this affect my application? Olly

    • 9 replies
    • 723 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  12. trev_3
    Started by trev_3,

    I passed my fitness in august but have not got a date for the medical yet, how long should this take? i am applying for sussex police

    • 6 replies
    • 174 views
  13. bexstar1
    Started by bexstar1,

    Hiya, Does anyone know the number for GMP recruitment? I need to ring and get a change of circumstances form! And does anyone know if i should let them know that I have recently got three points on my driving licence??? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 499 views
  14. James579
    Started by James579,

    Has anyone got any handy advice about what would be a good district/borough to go for for a new PC?? Any input would be really helpful.

  15. OSD_Control
    Started by OSD_Control,

    Hi :) I remember posting this a while back somewhere but just brought it up in a different section of the forum and wanted to see what you think. The story is A friend was wrongly accused of assaulting someone. Due to the nature of the assault and subsequent statement by the person making the allegation, my friend was arrested and charged with the offence. Needles to say - the case was discontinued and no further action was taken. As my friend was arrested, his DNA & Fingerprints where taken even though he was not convicted and never has been convicted of any offence … Ever He is now in the final stages of recruitment with GMP but is convinced due to the above …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.