Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. James579
    Started by James579,

    I've noticed alot of people getting worked up about eyesight standards in the past. I wear contact lenses all the time. I've been to see my optician and printed numerous eye charts from recommended places and as confirmed I do meet the standard of eyesight, but only just. From this I am confident that on the medical day I will succeed. However, is it worth getting laser treatment done once I'm in? If so what are the benefits of this procedure? Any input would be really helpful as its an avenue I wish to explore further.

  2. Tip-Top
    Started by Tip-Top,

    Hi just been for my medical today at Lloyd House and passed yipee, ive been given a date for my fitness this saturday at Tally Ho 8.30 early start, is there anyone else going off this forum if so say hello, ive been told there will be twenty of us attending. Tip-Top

    • 20 replies
    • 462 views
  3. hannaht88
    Started by hannaht88,

    Hey, I called recruitment today and they told me i failed. I got overall 61% but failed written communication. I just wondered, with the results they send in the post, does it specifically detail where you went wrong with the reports you wrote, or just general information? I dont know how i only managed to score 33% in written when I have a grade B at A-level...is it graded on the contents, or the structure of the report? Im so frustrated with myself! Definately will be re-applying though Thanks Hannah

  4. huggy
    Started by huggy,

    Just a thought, possibly this time next year I maybe working, or at least the opportunity to do so. Just a thought for anyone going through the recruitment process, stick in there, we will get there eventually!! Good luck.

    • 1 reply
    • 442 views
  5. hollyjblue
    Started by hollyjblue,

    Hiya I have my assessment for the Met next week (11/11/08) and am really starting to panic about it all. just wondered if anyone in Kent, around maidstone area had their assessment coming up soon an dmaybe wanted to meet up to discuss ideas etc? not a geek by the way, jst want to get this right 1st time :0) Holly

  6. Cleesor
    Started by Cleesor,

    Hello all, Well, it has taken since the end of Aug 08 till today for me to be offered a position in Strathclyde Police. I have just received a call from recruitment offering me a start date being the 6th April. Uniform fitting over the next few weeks or so (may wait till nearer the time tho). Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone on here who has helped with hints/tips on the recruitment process. A special mention to Yvonne for all her help, very much appreciated. Out of interest, anyone else starting on the 6th April? cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. hassall2406
    Started by hassall2406,

    hi folks Might some like a stupid question but how do they weigh you at the medical, boxers or with clothes on cheers again

  8. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    How please will I be when this stage is over...? Answers on a postcard.

    • 3 replies
    • 163 views
  9. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    On the Day 1 Assessment Day are you "allowed" to use the 4 competencies examples that you put in your initial application or do you need to use 4 different ones? Also am I only going to be asked questions on these or shall I swot up on the forces news etc in case they ask me general knowledge questions? I am applying to the MET. JOHN

  10. dalboy
    Started by dalboy,

    Hi, Just want to say thanks to everyone that has given me some useful tips over the last few months. The reason for why i'm saying this is, I had the best bit of news today that I have waited 8 months for. Got a call from TVP recruitment to say that they had received my CTC vetting (which was the bit i'd been wating for because all other stages were complete, dates an all) & said everything is in order & all I gotta do is the pre-joining fitness. All i'm gonna say is, what an Xmas pressie, lol. Not that I was fussed about that anyway, having already passed it first time. So roll on March 16TH for training. ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO ALL, & GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT ARE…

  11. Richie_46
    Started by Richie_46,

    I thought it would be close but to find out that I failed the MET A/C by 1% is a bummer. Still trying to work out exactly where it when wrong - the opening summary states Overall 59% RRD 76% Oral Comm 100% Written Comm 78% Interview 4 As + 1B looking at the matrix 10 As, 15 Bs, 10 Cs, and 5 Ds.... so near yet so far... sniff.. Rich (first but not last attempt)

    • 13 replies
    • 590 views
  12. chriscmullan
    Started by chriscmullan * ,

    Hi everyone, I've applied and passed the initial interview earlier this week. I got the letter in today saying that background checks are underway and I know it'll probably take a few weeks. However, if my background checks are okay it seems I could be offered a final interview at very short notice so I figure I had better make sure I'm as prepared as I can be for the final. Can anyone help me out please and let me know how different the final was (or wasn't!) from the initial? I take it everyone else finds this really nerve wracking too!?? Thanks a lot Chris

    JohnP1546620347
  13. Tip-Top
    Started by Tip-Top,

    Hi, Just found out that west mids are recruiting police officers in January..

    • 3 replies
    • 700 views
  14. phillips22
    Started by phillips22,

    Well as the title say's I passed my AC day!!!! I really cant beleive it, like many I thought I'd failed. I phoned recuitment today because I still havent had my letter, and they told me over the phone. She couldnt confirm the percentage but she said "you've been successful, well done". This has to be the best Christmas present ever!! Sorry as you can see I am a little excited, well done to all those who have passed and for those that haven't dont gove up! Chris

  15. daleboy1
    Started by daleboy1,

    whos all starting up at tulliallan in jan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.