Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. sgt wilson
    Started by sgt wilson,

    I tried to buy the set via this site but received an email from the suppliers informing me that the payment system is out of date and doesn't work . They have sent me this link hope it works the set is priced at £69.99 now and is the up to date version. sgt W

    • 0 replies
    • 322 views
  2. silver0001067
    Started by silver0001067,

    Hi All, I got a phone call today from recruitment I've got my final interview next Tuesday 6th :smiley_vomit: It's only been three weeks since my initial??? If anyone has any tips or hints that could be pm'd to me it would be much appriciated. :smiley_help: Can't believe it has came so fast :doh Cheers, David.

    • 14 replies
    • 687 views
  3. sachaakakim
    Started by sachaakakim,

    Hi All Can anyone that's done a Lothian and Borders Medical explain what it consists of? They say it takes approximately an hour, just seems a bit long? Any help would be appreciated! sachaakakim

    • 8 replies
    • 556 views
  4. AdamO
    Started by AdamO,

    Afternoon all and happy new year to all Just a quick question. Spoke to my uncle last night at a party, and he was telling me that his Godson has recently joined GMP, and that he is someone who is an excellent fighter, tough as nails, hold his own against anyone, and that police forces are increasingly looking for this manner. Apparently he is not agressive, but has been in fights in the past and likes and showing off his strength. As someone who wants to join, I certainly hold my own with people if it needs to happen, but I am by no means confrontational or agressive. I am not particularly physically imposing (5"9, 10 stone at 16 years old) but can look after myself, …

    • 12 replies
    • 778 views
  5. Danny 30
    Started by Danny 30,

    Hi everybody. 1st post so be gentle I received my letter passing the application stage at the begining of this month. Just wondering if anybody out there knows when the next assessment centre dates would be? Is anybody else in the position im in? Only found this website yesterday and finding the info very useful but a bit of a headache. hopefully will have plenty of time to prepare judging by other posts from different areas Cheers

  6. mandyt
    Started by mandyt,

    What examples of scenarios has everyone been asked?

    • 0 replies
    • 263 views
  7. travisdog
    Started by travisdog,

    Hi Just wondering who else is amoungst the 52 now doing the 3 weeks training in Jackton before doing operational duties til Feb instead of going straight to Tulli? Cheers John

    • 5 replies
    • 468 views
  8. ktfloyd
    Started by ktfloyd,

    Hi All, I had mentioned previously about us all meeting up and having a night out prior to starting, so if anyone still wants to do this let me know we will get some names and dates and suggestions on where to go. I'm not saying this is only for the January intake if any of the Strathclyde applicants want to come along I'm sure it wont be any problem. Yvonne

  9. rathbona1234
    Started by rathbona1234,

    hi i am not sure if this question is too specific for someone to answer but here goes. in the role plays, if someone is shouting or getting aggressive with you which is he best response? i was thinking of just sayin ' please calm down, i cannot talk to you/help you while you are shouting at me etc' and keep repeating that. would that be ok? cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 314 views
  10. mandyt
    Started by mandyt,

    Hey What is the exact meanings of equality and diversity? Do we treat everyone equal?

    • 1 reply
    • 247 views
  11. ManchesterKathy1546620192
    Started by ManchesterKathy1546620192,

    Hi. I'm in the process of applying to GMP and want to get a holiday booked but am concerned about this clashing with start dates if I am successful. How much advance notice of your start date do you get? Cheers Kat

    • 6 replies
    • 484 views
  12. AdamO
    Started by AdamO,

    Hello, I am new to the board and so far have found it a real help so thanks to all who contribute :) Joining the police has something I have wanted to do since year 8 (13), having been inspired by family who are in the GMP and BTP. I am now 16 and entering 6th form soon, and still intend to join the police. My main question is would you advise studying for A-Levels and then joining at 18, or going to university and gaining a degree, possibly serving in the specials whilst there and then applying full time. I would prefer to apply to join at 18, however my parents have advised against this, whilst other members of the family (ie serving officers in the family) have said…

    • 21 replies
    • 933 views
  13. puyjapin
    Started by puyjapin,

    Hi, This is my first post on here. Im 33 and applying to Warwickshire. I spent the first 9 years of work in the financial sector in London. Then I travelled for a bit, finally living for 4 years in France. I have had several 'varied' jobs since leaving london....I now am self employed although this is recent. I am now settled in Warwickshire where I live with my partner, she is expecting a baby (yes im the father lol). I applied to Essex years ago but terminated the application due to a motorbike accident and being a bit young. I have always had an interest in policing and now would be a good time. Also it would be a secure job as I will soon have a family to support. Wha…

    • 3 replies
    • 403 views
  14. brav0twozero
    Started by brav0twozero,

    Hey folks, I have my initial soon and I'm getting nervous. Yvonne PMd me some stuff to look at but I've since heard her say they are out of date. Any chance someone point me in the right direction? So far I've looked at: Tulliallan modules Life at Tulliallan Community Policing Rank Structure Force Priorities Who the CC and Deputy CC are N Division and its 4 sub divisions The 104 week probation period The Drink/ Drug driving festive campaign The 8 Divisions The 8 Scottish Police Forces Police Equipment Most important tool an officer has Mission statement 6 strands of diversity Some basic information about Strathclyde Polce like e.g number of officers etc…

    • 2 replies
    • 235 views
  15. simon humby
    Started by simon humby * ,

    Hello, I'm looking for some advice... I'm a contracting IT trainer and have worked for the police in the past (one of my more enjoyable contracts). At the time I was SC but that has now timed out. I was hoping to get more similar SC work in the future but had an unfortunate experience while doing some work in Glasgow. In short I was convicted of a minor crime - the judge stated that although he was convinced that I was ignorant of the law he still had to fine me. So I am now the owner of a criminal record. My question is, does this mean that I have no chance of getting SC again? Any advices gratefully received.

    • 5 replies
    • 406 views
    Tim in the South

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.