Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Gaz999
    Started by Gaz999,

    Hello again people, As said in my last posted topic, I have applied for the Police Force.. :ph34r: I have my assessment centre dates for this month i'm just curious what i can do in the meantime like revision wise? any idea's ?? any websites that could help etc... it would be very much appreciated! Regards, Gaz999

    • 8 replies
    • 422 views
  2. estm
    Started by estm,

    HI THERE ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE IVE BEEN ON HERE SO HERE I GO! IM CURRENTLY A PC WITH SURREY POLICE (WITH 5 YEARS SERVICE) AND HAVE JUST COME BACK FROM A CAREER BREAK. I WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS ANYONE ON HERE THAT HAS CONSIDERED OR IS CONSIDERING TRANSFERING TO BERMUDA POLICE. I SAW IT ADVERTISED A FEW YEARS AGO AND IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN AT THE BACK OF MY MIND. I LOVE TO TRAVEL WHICH IS ONE REASON WHY I WOULD LOVE TO GO OUT THERE. IF ANYONE HAS COULD THEY GIVE ME SOME ADVICE, IE DO I FILL IN THE APPLICATION ON THERE SITE AND SEND IT BACK, OR IS THERE ANOTHER WAY? I HAVE SEEN THEIR ADVERT IN POLICE REVIEW IN THE PAST. IF ANYONE KNOWS ANY INFO I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL…

  3. phillips22
    Started by phillips22,

    I have had a loan with the bank for a few years now, I have never missed a payment and the loan is coming down nicely. I maybe worrying over nothing but does anyone think this will effect me getting in ?. The only other debt I have ever had is for some wheels I brought when I was in my teenage years, I thought I had paid them off and cancelled the direct debit. Unfortunatly I still owed them aroung £150, copuple of years later I had a letter from a debt collector asking for £350. I found out that it was for the wheels and paid it in full within 1 day, it never went to court so I have no CCJ. I work for a High Court enforcement office so know all about debt. I'm just re…

  4. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    Is the Fitness test/Medical the same for both Police and PCSO? Or are there some differences? :whistle2:

    • 0 replies
    • 100 views
    LordLoveRocket
  5. oswald
    Started by oswald,

    Please help asap!!!

    • 7 replies
    • 604 views
  6. heard001
    Started by heard001,

    Hi all, just after some guidance on what to expect during the 5 minutes preparation time before each of the role plays. The NPIA 'Information for Candidates' suggests that it is not necessary to learn the various policies (code of conduct and the equality policy) off by heart as all information required for each role play is provided in the 5 min preparation stage. If I had (hypothetically) a scenario that required me to refer to the equality policy, would it be available to me before I get in the room with the actor? Obviously, the more familiar you are with the material prior to the assessment day, the less time you'll waste trying to digest it on the day... Any com…

    • 22 replies
    • 495 views
  7. Gaz999
    Started by Gaz999,

    Hello again people, As said in my last posted topic, I have applied for the Police Force.. :ph34r: I have my assessment centre dates for this month i'm just curious what i can do in the meantime like revision wise? any idea's ?? any websites that could help etc... it would be very much appreciated! Regards, Gaz999

    • 1 reply
    • 319 views
  8. Desi
    Started by Desi,

    Hi All I just wanted to know if its ok to discipline someone (ie . security guard, cleaner etc) in your role play if you find it the right action to do? 3 weeks to go till my day one ... Merry xmas and a happy new year all !!

    • 4 replies
    • 342 views
  9. GraceFace
    Started by GraceFace,

    heeyy, was just wundering if you have to go to an open day event before you apply. If not does anybody advise going to one. please help me because i really want to get the ball rolling on this. Thank You

  10. JamieP1546620297
    Started by JamieP1546620297,

    Hello, i know ive asked this before, however, i feel i need to ask again as im a bit worried. I sent my application off on the 2/12/08 and i still havent heard back, i have seen others get replies in a shorter period of time than that for the same force? Where do i go from here? Can i found out what is going on, if i got rejected or not?

    • 5 replies
    • 475 views
    LordLoveRocket
  11. Krisg
    Started by Krisg,

    Its getting pretty close now so what does your force require you to do before you start and are you ready ? I.E. in Sussex we have the definitions to learn, we need to start familiarizing ourselves with the highway code, we have two written exercises to do and it was recommended that we read Blackstones preparing for police duty. For my part i feel that I'm nearly ready, or at least as ready as i can be, i just have to finish reading the Blackstones book and continue to read the highway code. How is everyone feeling about it ? excited ? nervous ? i would have to say that its a mix of both for me, i have never been particularly impressive in the classroom so i'm a bit …

    • 6 replies
    • 913 views
  12. GraceFace
    Started by GraceFace,

    heey, this may sound silly but i am havin dfficulty in applying to become a police officer. some people are telling me to wait for an open day event and others are telling me to download an application form. i have been looking on the met website and it says they are recruting now until march, but i cant find the application form. can somebody please help. thank you

    • 2 replies
    • 377 views
  13. Mullan
    Started by Mullan * ,

    Hi, New to the board so thought I'd say hello. Also got my final interview next thursday(15th) and wondered if anyone has any words of wisdom. I carried out a lot of research(probably too much) before my initial so I'm pretty clued up on the force itself, however I've heard from a few fellow applicants that the final interview is not as focused on knowledge, but more on the applicants particular views. Can anyone help with the sort of research I should do in prep. I've already visited , my local station and a relative, however he has been in the force for several years and is not sure how the new format works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 499 views
  14. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    Hey, first of all Happy New Year! I was hoping someone could please spare the time, and read over my replies to these 'memos' regarding the written part of the A/C. Critical feedback is most welcome, whether it be negative, tips etc are also appreciated. :) FYI: Some of the memos I used are ones I picked up on these forums and PoliceUK, so big thanks to them for creating them. ------ Memo ------ I have just returned from a visit to the leisure centre and would like to report a problem I found. The floor in the ladies’ shower area was dirty and extremely slippy. It seemed to have a slimy feel to it and would probably be dangerous. I was unable to report this to st…

  15. X3ParaMurph
    Started by X3ParaMurph,

    Not sure if anyone will have an answer but thought i'd try before a call. Whilst serving in the Army i had an injury to my right eye. This left me blind in this eye. My question is, i have been told via a recruitment day that the Met police will accept candidates for police officer with sight in only one eye (monovision), what i have recently noticed from above eyesight requirements is that certain surgery and detached retiner will possible end in termination of application. Are these issues refering to the, let's say the "working eye" or does it refer to both. Im asking because obviously if i have had these or similar to the good eye i would understand if rejected but…

    • 9 replies
    • 196 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.