Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. loren11
    Started by loren11 * ,

    hi guys just managed 2 register on this. starting on monday, just heard about the night out yesterday when i was at the shop, dont think i will make it but would have been good to see and get to know a few faces before monday. anyone from kilmarnock starting on monday?

    • 2 replies
    • 355 views
  2. jz101
    Started by jz101,

    Hello, I am currently waiting to hear back from Essex police regarding my application. They are now looking to recruit PCSOs. Can I apply to become a PCSO if I have applied to become a regular officer in the same force? Cheer.

    • 0 replies
    • 206 views
  3. Mcluvin
    Started by Mcluvin,

    I was very surprised to receive a call today from GMP with my final interview date!! With the length of time ive been waiting between each stage I expected to be waiting at least 6 months. Ive been given 25th Feb!! Just wondering who else has received the call and been given a date? Andy

    • 1 reply
    • 82 views
  4. king_80
    Started by king_80,

    Anyone else had a reply from Notts Police? I received a phone call telling me I had passed the paper sift . I have been invited to the ac week commencing feb 2nd.

    • 5 replies
    • 534 views
  5. Bradington
    Started by Bradington * ,

    Hi, I applied for the September intake for Lancashire police, sent off my application form in time for the closing date of the 15th. Still not heard anything back from them yet so it will be 4 months next week. Just wanted to no if anybody has received any information or application results back yet? Brad

    • 1 reply
    • 263 views
  6. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    Evenin all, just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the intake for march 09, i passed the medical in oct so now just waiting for the intake, knew i'd be to late for january but just worried if it goes past march i may have to do the medical and fitness again or are the test valid for more than 6 months? cheers stu

    • 3 replies
    • 319 views
  7. sfuller
    Started by sfuller,

    What do I go in? Should I go in smart casual wear and change into gym/workout/shorts gear or should I go in tracksuit type straight away? what did you all go in? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 207 views
  8. yorkiebobbie
    Started by yorkiebobbie,

    Hi folks, Right here goes.... I have my A/C for WMP on 29th Jan '09, but for unforseen circumstances have not really been able to prepare much.....well not at all really... I have been on the TalkingBlues corse in Nov, so kind of know what the assessors are looking for....now I am back and ready to roll....and started preparing... My question is has anybody been in my shoes (not literally lol)....and passed, I am pooping me pants with worry thinking I am not going to pass because I have not prepared enough etc..... Only got 3 weeks until the big day.....anybody got any tips on what to expect on the day??? Experiences?? good or bad??

    • 4 replies
    • 117 views
  9. huggy
    Started by huggy,

    Hi, I was wondering if anyone like myself was still waiting to hear from the Met, I sent my application in for the 6th October closing date but have only had a receiving attention letter.

  10. dozza99
    Started by dozza99 * ,

    Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone has recently applied to Northumbria. I only applied on the 19th dec and the waiting is already a nightmare. I previously applied to Durham constabulary approx 15yrs ago when I first left school unfortunately I failed the final interview and never applied again. however the urge to join has never left me. I cant believe how much things have changed in the application process especially the fitness and role play parts. These are the ones I find most daughnting. Anyone else feel the same? What do other people find the hardest any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

    • 4 replies
    • 550 views
  11. ZombieAndy
    Started by ZombieAndy,

    So yeah ive got my date through for assessment center, im going on 11th march. Anyone else going on the same day?

    • 6 replies
    • 137 views
  12. celiab1
    Started by celiab1,

    Hi All, I have my assessment Centre for WMP in 09 and was just looking for a bit of advice really.... What is the best books to get and what is the best way to study.(any certain areas etc??)..any hints and tips will be really useful as I am getting bogged down by everything on here and just do not know where to start!!! Any help / tips would be much appreciated!!!! Many thanks.....

    • 8 replies
    • 227 views
    worzel1546620371
  13. croydonsquad
    Started by croydonsquad * ,

    I am colour blind (not severe) and would like to know what kind of things will I be restricted from doing in the job? Does anyone know... (Did try phoning the met police careers team - but they never seem to answer the phone).

    • 7 replies
    • 386 views
  14. zx7r1981
    Started by zx7r1981,

    Hi I am just revising for my assesment centre. In the pack of sample interview questions one of them is " what would you do if you saw someone being bullied" I just wanted to know what would be a good "Text book" answer.... is it to speak to the bullied and check everything is ok and resolve the issue yourself. Or is it to report it senior staff. What i'm trying to gather is tha answer a mix of the both? or would they rather just rpeort it straight away? any help much appreciated Cheers Kevin

    • 9 replies
    • 298 views
  15. leedsdc
    Started by leedsdc,

    Hi i have got my medical for Dyfed Powys Police in 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone knows whether or not they tell you on the day if you have passed. Also how long do the background and finance checks take.

    • 2 replies
    • 379 views
    wannabepoliceofficer

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.