Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    I'm coughing up green stuff like the Exorcist girl. My worst problem is my ears are completely bunged up. Doctor: "Gareth, we are going to start the hearing test now Me: " I can see your lips moving."

  2. conloe
    Started by conloe,

    Can anyone let me know what will happen on the A/C day for WYP!

    • 0 replies
    • 707 views
  3. mandyt
    Started by mandyt,

    Hey In a scenario if you are asked what you would do if a fight broke out on the street as an officer. what would you do? Do you stand and call for back up or help? Do you say my safety is number one priority? Mandy

    • 5 replies
    • 447 views
  4. Nat1
    Started by Nat1,

    Hi all, Hope you all had a lovely christmas and new year. I have my fitness on the 16th jan, problem is i have had a chest infection for last two weeks so feeling very sorry for myself!!! no, seriously i have it in less than two weeks, dont want to run outside because dont want to risk making chest infection any worse, can anyone tell me how to stimulate the bleep test on a treadmill so i can do it in the warmth of my local gym and to see whether i have any chance of passing???? Also i can only do 28kgs in gym, cant do 35, but am i right in that the push pull test is resistance so i still have a chance in passing or should i be pushing/pulling 35kgs in gym????? …

    • 7 replies
    • 194 views
  5. bob1
    Started by bob1,

    I found out in December that I had passed the paper sift for West Yorkshire Police. Then my partner found out she had been accepted on to a Paramedics course in Northamptonshire. We decided to move to Northampton and I would transfer my application. After phoning Northamptonshire Police they informed me that I was unable to transfer my application, I would have to pull out and start again from scratch with them. This was disheartening as I've already been in the recruitment process for five months. Recruitment told me my only other option was to continue with West Yorkshire and then transfer once I had completed my 15 weeks training. My question is, does anyone know how e…

    • 5 replies
    • 403 views
  6. 5Bollwageimon27
    Started by 5Bollwageimon27,

    im still unsure i know this sounds simple but im not sure how to apply? i ve been told by some people wait for a seminar in my area then others say just apply,where would i get an application form for leicestershire police? theres none on there website,many thanks

    • 12 replies
    • 781 views
  7. ayup1
    Started by ayup1,

    I was just wondering if anyone has had any news on the start dates for 2009 and if you do if you could let us all know. I was also reading about expiry dates of assessment centres and fitness/medical. Does anyone know anything about this because it looks a possibility that the next start date for Derbyshire may well be a year after these were passed. Cheers.

    • 3 replies
    • 566 views
  8. Louise2310
    Started by Louise2310,

    Hi, I had my fitness test on the 18th Nov for Thames Valley, I was just wondering if anyone else has had a medical date yet or even their Provisional Letter of Acceptance? I havent heard anything back yet. Lou

    • 4 replies
    • 281 views
  9. Life on Mars1546620180
    Started by Life on Mars1546620180,

    Not long to go now Guys and Galls Why I put the 9th I have no idea, I meant the 5th.

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Paul C1546620148
  10. lauram22
    Started by lauram22 * ,

    Hi, Does anyone know of a dyno machine in Scotland or Cumbria? Ive seen on the Concept website that there is supposed to be one in the Glasgow Crowne plaza (used to be moat house) but i cant get in touch with them!! can anybody help?? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 190 views
  11. halifaxguy
    Started by halifaxguy,

    hi all i was just wondering if anybody had any ideas, regarding pay. Do we get paid in full even though weve only been there 10 days? as the pay day is the 15th and we start on the 5th

    • 9 replies
    • 753 views
    Paul C1546620148
  12. JD11546620185
    Started by JD11546620185,

    Hurrah!! Passed my Met Day 2 fitness and medical yesterday. Feels like I'm on the home stretch now, just a matter of keep on waiting.

    • 4 replies
    • 192 views
  13. 1234qwer
    Started by 1234qwer,

    As the title says! Double room in 2 bed flat living with a couple both in the job. The room is in St.Albans, 30 min drive from Hendon, 3 stops on train. £380pcm all bills included (cheaper than the section house and the bathroom and kitchen are clean!). Fully furnished available on short term let if needed. Call 07854582288.

    • 3 replies
    • 579 views
  14. Hafizur
    Started by Hafizur,

    Hi guys! <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> I’ve just come back from my support session held by the metropolitan police service today and it was so useful! A real eye opener! So, the main things I learnt? Maths bit of the exam apparently everyone NEEDS to pass, no matter how well you do in your other bits- it doesn’t count towards it, so that mean practicing the maths! (Which I really struggled with!) Interview- basic questions and how to answer them, watch out for time. Most importantly, answer the question they have asked, and don’t wonder off into the sunset! Role play- Ask lo…

  15. herbster00
    Started by herbster00,

    Guys, As title of topic suggests, i have damaged ligaments in one of the fingers on my right hand. I have tried surgery to try to re-set the ligaments, but this didnt work and the ligaments set again in the same way, so my finger has a big arch in it basically. I can move it almost a full range, i just cant straighten it, so really the only negative is aesthetic. I have my medical coming up fairly soon, and was wondering if anyone else has been in the same or a similar position, and do people think this may cause a problem. I also declared it on all the medical forms. Ta

    • 2 replies
    • 104 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.