Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mitchell891546620349
    Started by mitchell891546620349,

    How do you fail the vetting, what do they look for???

    • 2 replies
    • 604 views
  2. Mattwelsh13
    Started by Mattwelsh13,

    Hello, I sent my application off yesterday for the South Wales Police and I know it's a long way off (with assessment centre first etc) but I started training at the gym a few months ago and wondered in anyone could relate the weights that are given for the concept 2 dyno machine to say weights i'd be using in the gym. Dynamic Strength Dyno Machine - Push 34 kg, Pull 35 kg How are these weights related to for push: benchpress, and pull say the low-row back machine. How many kg's would i need to be pushing on those excerises to pass the dyno machine, is it like for like or less??. Would help me adjust my training and just put my mind at ease if i knew for certain!. Hope…

    • 3 replies
    • 528 views
  3. X3ParaMurph
    Started by X3ParaMurph,

    I have been noticing an increasing number of post regarding failing the vetting stage. I now have a worry that i think may well hinder if not destroy my first chance in 8 years to join the Met. Wont go into why in's taken me this long as it was a medical issue with eye sight that's now changed. Anyway i have a perfect criminal record, so does my immediate family. My uncle is armed responce and i am x Army. My wife has no record but unfortunately her brother does. As far as i'm aware he has been in trouble most of his life. I am now realy worried that this will be a problem and i even think he has spent a month in the clinker. Any advice or oppinion i would gladly…

    • 8 replies
    • 593 views
  4. emzybobz
    Started by emzybobz * ,

    Hi, I've got my final interview for Strathclyde Police on Monday and was hoping for any tips/advice. They said if I pass they'll tell me straight away and if so will get my medical in the afternoon. What does the medical involve? I've also been told I dont need to do a final fitness as I only did the initial fitness in October - is this normal? I've been training in -7degs!!

  5. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    What is the papersift?

    • 2 replies
    • 472 views
  6. JamieP1546620297
    Started by JamieP1546620297,

    In September 08, someone down south accused me of fraud against them for a small amount of money. The CID investigated it, I.E, they questioned me, had it on tape etc etc. However, they dropped it due it being a "mistake and misunderstanding." The Detective said he would write that in his report, as he knew i was applying to the police, although, i was fairly annoyed when he asked how it was going as i told him, well this mistake has probably just cost my chances of getting in now. My application form is away right now. But if i get any further, i.e to the vetting, how will this be looked upon? ive never been charged or found guilty of anything, but i hope whoever che…

    • 1 reply
    • 329 views
  7. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Concept2 who make the Dyno machine used by the Police have a great website about it with a LOT of useful info. Having done my fitness test today I can say it is the bit where people might have the most trouble. Check it out here: Concept2 Dyno Machine And here is a list of fitness clubs that have them: Bedford Moat House St Mary’s Street Bedford MK42 0AR Tel: 01234 799901 Contact: Nicola Smith Capel Gym Bodymission Ltd Orchard Brook Five Oak Green Road Five Oak Green Tonbridge Kent TN12 6TJ Doncaster Moat House Warmsworth Doncaster DN4 9UX Tel: 01302 799901 Contact: Kenny Wattam …

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. oswald
    Started by oswald,

    Hi Does anyone know what your allowed to take to Tulliallan? E.g can you take mobile, laptop, ipod???? Ozzy

    • 0 replies
    • 419 views
  9. mrwalsh69
    Started by mrwalsh69,

    Just got my fitness test through for the 20th Jan 2009, any body else had theirs through for that day??

    • 5 replies
    • 201 views
  10. mitchell891546620349
    Started by mitchell891546620349,

    Hi Does anyone have any helpful advice on how to improve my numeracy skills for the numeracy test, when i attend the assessment centre in April for Northumbria i will fail on my numeracy am confident in all over areas of the assessment exam. I find it difficult to do numeracy. I have subscribed to PolicePrep.co.uk where there are mock numeracy exams for the assessment centre. Any help will be greatly appreciated

    specialteacher1546081026
  11. worzel1546620371
    Started by worzel1546620371,

    As a Student Officer. What hours of work will be expected and at what point do you start shifts. I am joining West Mids on the 9th March and this info would be of help to me. Thanks. :smiley_notworthy:

    • 14 replies
    • 2k views
  12. mattmay162

    Hello, I took my assessment on the 17th of December 2008 for the Leicestershire Constabulary.. When should i expect the results? Having Christmas and New Year inbetween will this slow it down? Anyone else expecting results or have recieved results? Cheers Matt.

  13. DannyNaz
    Started by DannyNaz,

    while on my met assessment day, i over heard a conversation that certain people had been invited on a taster day to help wit the assessment day. I had just come out of my interview so didnt catch the full conversation,but i did see 2 very unhappy blokes,complaining saying that only certain people got picked for the taster help day. Can some explain what this is as i didnt get to go either, and that is unfair if other people are getting extra help

  14. X84
    Started by X84,

    Hi all Hope this is in the right place! if not please move thanks I have a wee bit of a situation I was Medical Discharged from the Army 2 years ago for a prolapsed disc i had removed. I am now over all of it and have been going to the gym regulary and been medication free for over 9 months and feel better than I did before I had the injury lol. My question is that I would really like to join the police and I am unsure of what it will entale for me as I was MD from the Army and just unsure in general about the process in signing up. I have read around the internet and on here but still unsure so thought I would sign up and ask actuall people who know. Cheers for …

    • 6 replies
    • 730 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  15. stacey2210
    Started by stacey2210,

    Hi, Just passed my assessment for GMP! We have the Final Interview next just wondered if anybody could give me any tips or websites which are best to look on???? What do they actually ask you I know its- why do you want to join, about gmp etc However do they ask you more comepetency questions???? Do you find out if you have passed on the day???? Any help would be great! Thanks in advance Stace

    • 17 replies
    • 479 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.