Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. MrSifter
    Started by MrSifter,

    Hi there, I was wondering if anybody on here might have some tips on what kind of food to eat and drink the night before and on the day of the fitness test, i have mine on Jan 6th with West Mercia and its at 11:00. So far i've been practicing the bleep test after work at about 18:30 so the last thing i've usually eaten is lunch! Cheers Sifter

  2. zimon
    Started by zimon,

    Hi Last week I found out that I've made it through the sift with West Yorkshire, and am really excited! I understand that the process is taking 18-24 months to complete, but does anyone have any idea on the timescales involved with each part of the process. So far it has taken 3 months to get from application to this stage... thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 295 views
  3. mitchell891546620349
    Started by mitchell891546620349,

    Hi Does anyone know the PIRT test percentages pass mark of each exercise for the assessment centre as this seems to be a concern to myself as i seem to struggle with the Numeracy assessment and am ok with the rest. Overall does anyone know the pass mark percentage or amount of correct answers to pass the numeracy and other tests. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. mina_galtta
    Started by mina_galtta,

    Anyone else booked in for it? Iv not got any letters to confirm but just been told by phone that I will be invited for the A/C then. Good luck to those who got through. MG

  5. Chocka
    Started by Chocka,

    Hey all, First of all, thanks for the invaluable info on this forum, the resources here have been a massive help in my preparation :) So far I have worked on the following things: Competency Interview Answers Maths, English, and verbal reasoning tests Customer service role play Researched into the Met and boroughs I could be working in Can anyone give me some ideas on anything else I could be swotting up on? Thanks, Martyn

  6. Guest kimberleydouglas
    Started by Guest kimberleydouglas,

    Hi Everyone, I have my final interview on Wed 14th January... Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to prepare for the final interview? If so i would really appreciate it..... please pm me or send me an email. My email address is kimberleydouglas198@hotmail.com Thanks :) x

    • 1 reply
    • 240 views
  7. dannyj1546620378
    Started by dannyj1546620378 * ,

    Iv joined on here because i seem to be getting nowhere with where i wanna go. Id love to have a role in the police - lots interests me about it and i know you have to work your way upto things etc. the problems im having is im trying to recruit as a police officer but cant. I applied 3 years ago and was told there was no vacancies but had i thought about pcso, This month iv looked online and seen recruitment for PO so i rang one of the contact numbers and recieved a application for a specials officer, I also rang another number and was told i could apply for a exhibit officer role upon recieving and reading that application it appears i do not qualify as i have no ba…

    • 9 replies
    • 709 views
    dannyj1546620378 *
  8. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    I havent even completed my applicaton form yet, as the recruitment drive starts on the 26th of January, but i wondered where i would stand in regards to my Dad. He used to be a police officer, but i think he either got sacked or was told to resign, there have been rumours that he was seen to be fraternizing with a couple of prisoners. If i asked him i would almost certainly not be told the truth. Furthermore, there have been occasions in my childhood (im only just 19 now) where the police were called out as a result of domestic violence or harrasment. My Mother has never pressed charges, and thinks that he hasnt been convicted. But the Police are aware of him, and we …

    • 5 replies
    • 475 views
  9. laurzf1
    Started by laurzf1,

    Hi, I was booked in to do my medical/fitness for the met this friday but I've just had to ring them up to cancel because I have the flu. I wish I could go but my legs are jelly and have a raging temperature so I guess that's a definite no!! Has anyone had any experience of having to postpone the medical? How much longer did you have to wait for your new date? Did it delay your application by much? The lady I spoke to couldn't guarantee when I would get a new date (gulp) so I suppose I'll just have to wait!! Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 360 views
  10. cassidyd25
    Started by cassidyd25,

    passed medical and fit test on 23rd ,still waiting on final checks. Anyone else been waiting that long??

    • 0 replies
    • 259 views
  11. SHIMP
    Started by SHIMP,

    Did anybody do an Assessment Centre for Northumbria Police in December 2008. Does anyone have any idea when the next stages will be?

    • 6 replies
    • 459 views
  12. shelleywa
    Started by shelleywa,

    Hi all, I'm interested in applying to join the Met. I want to know if driving is a Pre-Requisite? (I know it's different for different forces). I can't drive yet but I really want to apply to join! If it IS a pre-requisite, is it a case of you have to have a full licence, end of story? Or just that it is a lot easier to get in with a licence but you will still be considered without one? Any help/guidance will be much appreciated. Thanks! Shelley

  13. iona39
    Started by iona39,

    HeyThere Folks, I live in Fife at the moment and so need to "adopt" a division in preparation for my initial interview. Was thinking of North Lanarkshire - Cumbernauld as it's probably the closet to where I live. Any ideas as to what this division is like????

    • 0 replies
    • 190 views
  14. CM_8511546620330
    Started by CM_8511546620330,

    ???? Got my day 2 on the 14th, anyone else going.

    • 3 replies
    • 111 views
  15. lcol981546081060
    Started by lcol981546081060,

    I have my Met Fitness 8:30am 19th Jan, anyone else have theirs that day?

    • 0 replies
    • 76 views
    lcol981546081060

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.