Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ady1966
    Started by ady1966,

    Well......... I have not posted for a while but I thought I would share the fact that I have just been granted Independant Patrol !!! Weeks of PACS and a huge learning curve and it feels great. Now all I have to do is get used to the fact that its down to me now ! Its a strange feeling when your ' set free ' , I have a great team who I know will support me in my new independance but it will also be good to start to develop a style which I ( and the job !) am comfortable with. Looking forward to a couple of weeks off and a well deserved rest now

    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. kacknar
    Started by kacknar,

    I know its a bit random but ive always wandered as im not through the process yet, with your uniform (stab vest, belt cuffs etc etc do you keep it at home or at the workplace? or is it your choice just curious thanks for reading

    • 6 replies
    • 830 views
  3. Sammy46
    Started by Sammy46,

    Hey Guys and Gals, i am sorry to be a bother i've had a look for an answer to my question but i can't seem to find a certain answer, so here goes... What is the actual process for joining the Police? I have applied for the Derbyshire Constabulary and i have my assessment day on January 28th. So does it go.. Application Form Assessment Day (including Interview) Physical Exam Medical and Eye Exam Thanks Sam.

    • 4 replies
    • 507 views
  4. misspc27
    Started by misspc27,

    Hi there! Been given a start date of 16th Feb 09, anyone from Strathclyde due to start that date??

  5. bansco
    Started by bansco * ,

    Hi to all. iam seriously thinking of applying to GMP in january. am 34 next in march and wondering if there is an age limit for joining, i have worked for myself the last five years and in good physical shape. Can any of you guys give any hints tips etc?? much appreciated thanks jon... PS happy new year !!!!!!!!

    • 1 reply
    • 248 views
  6. Bluesky1546620266
    Started by Bluesky1546620266,

    This may seem an odd one but I can't see it asked anywhere else. Are you allowed to take your own timer to the A/C - particularly for the role plays? Does anyone know if they would object to you putting your own 5 min timer on the desk (assuming there is one).

    • 4 replies
    • 381 views
    ManchesterKathy1546620192
  7. steve001
    Started by steve001,

    Hi everyone, hope you all had a good Christmas. I've got my initial interview in Jan and am struggling to find the past and present Strathclyde Police initiatives / priorities on their website. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Am starting to feel pretty under prepaired!!!!

    • 2 replies
    • 388 views
  8. pcgor
    Started by pcgor,

    Hi Guys, were did you all get your Parade shoes from and what make did you get

  9. tipup1546620338
    Started by tipup1546620338,

    Just curious if anyone has received their results from tests taken on 18 November.

  10. Tango-bravo
    Started by Tango-bravo * ,

    I'm currently in The Met and am looking to transfer to D & C, and will be putting in the application form soon. I'm looking to be posted at Plymouth as I imagine it is still fairly busy. Just would like to hear from others that have gone thorugh this process to see how it is etc. I'm doing the move as I love that part of the country and life does seem a lot better there than London.

  11. clarksonrob
    Started by clarksonrob,

    Just thinking of some answers for AC interview questions,in the RRD question,does the diversity issue always have to be about race/religon etc.Or could it simply be a difference of opinion with somebody,and about how you dealt with the differences you and the other person had.Any advice welcome.Thanks.

    • 14 replies
    • 623 views
  12. babybear
    Started by babybear,

    I am trying to join from a different emergency service and have my D1 in Feb. Problem is i have been having big problems at work and am probably going to either quit or go through tribunal with them for harassment. When would be the best time to bring all this up as i want to be open about everything just not sure when to do it? Would really appreciate some advice here!!!

  13. garyroach
    Started by garyroach,

    Hi all i recieved my letter to confirm i have passed the initial stage of the recruitment process. My assessment is the 12th February 2009 and pre assessment briefing is on January 12th at Police HQ. Just wondering if anyone else heard yet? Thanks Gary

  14. tshark
    Started by tshark,

    Hi, was wondering if any others who passed their Assessment day in November have received their Interview and physical dates yet? Anyone with any idea as when they may be? ? ?

    • 2 replies
    • 330 views
  15. si23
    Started by si23,

    Apologies in advance if this thread is inappropriate for the designated forum section. I have always been interested in the police force, ever since I can remember. As a child that's all I wanted to do. Unfortunately for me, I was (and still am :biggrin: ) quite intelligent. This made my parents make me think I should focus on education. To cut a long story short, the police idea went from a early age. Through out school I always maintained a interest and after achieving my GCSE's I progressed to college. I then studied law amongst other things. I achieved 3 A-Levels at a good grade (ABB). I then decided on university, where I am currently studying a business manageme…

    specialteacher1546081026

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.