Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mickymac67
    Started by mickymac67,

    Hi all just wondering if anyone is starting in the feb intake just drop me a p.,m so at least i might get to know some people before i go ,i am from donegal Ireland so am even more unlikely to know anyone poor me. anyway well done to everyone that has got in and i hope to hear from you all soon regards Michael Mc Fadden

    • 0 replies
    • 421 views
  2. richy1985
    Started by richy1985,

    I am selling a Blackstones Student Officer Handbook for a reduced priced compared to rrp See link below for more info: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=270312922953

    • 3 replies
    • 706 views
  3. tvpnick26
    Started by tvpnick26,

    Right, I've finally had it with TVP and am considering a Transfer to the Met where I can hopefully enjoy the company of more police officers and actually crack on with nicking villains instead of chasing up some dross crime reports and witnesses who never turn up. I'm booked to go and visit the TOCU open day on the 13th October 2008 and was wondering if anyone on here is either in the Unit already or knows a bit more of what the job entails. Ta Nick

  4. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi, anyone know of intake dates for essex? i know a few people have receieved dates.......what are they? thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. the plumber
    Started by the plumber * ,

    Morning all! first post on the site, i'm just over halfway through my probation with hants police and due to a major family upheaval (partner is in the armed forces and will be posted hundreds of miles away on return from the gulf) i was wondering if any of the h/o forces would accept a transfer mid probation (my skipper said the forum was the best place to ask as each force has its own rules, but there might be a chance especially as most forces are following the IPLDP/SOLAP probation programme) any help would be gratefully received.

    • 8 replies
    • 4.4k views
    Tim in the South
  6. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    Hey everyone, Just a quick question... What information will i need to have ready for my application form? My application comes online tomorro morning and i'm basically going to have to have everything ready so i can fill it out, and send it back in before the deadline on the 12th! Will i need references? Or does that come after the application? Help!!!

    • 3 replies
    • 415 views
  7. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    There's an interesting US TV show called Rookies. It follows US Police Officers on their first few days of the job. Unusually, it isn't completely over the top American reality cr*p and contains some insights that might apply to OUR first days...except without the guns. And maybe not quite as much crack. If you can find it on SKY or downloadable (in a legal manner of course), give it a try. http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-20289

  8. sweetsoutar
    Started by sweetsoutar,

    I filled out my online application for merseyside police in september and received a letter on monday saying my application had been accepted and well done If possible can someone explain to me briefly what happens next? Have all the checks been done such as Security and financial? or is this still to come? Also will i have a fitness test at A/C or is all this seperate? o my lord im so confused with excitement lol! Cant believe ive even got this far haha but anything from now on will be a huge amazing bonus! Thanks

  9. Life on Mars1546620180
    Started by Life on Mars1546620180,

    pls, delete duplicate post.

    • 0 replies
    • 518 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  10. jon25771546081180
    Started by jon25771546081180,

    Hey All, Had my A/C DAY 1 on 28th of NOV and im waiting.....i keep checking the post ha ha.... Just thought to share Jon.

    • 9 replies
    • 352 views
    ManchesterKathy1546620192
  11. bobbyonbeat
    Started by bobbyonbeat,

    Hi, I have recently applied for the Specials and completed every stage of the recruitment process. However, due to somethin that has shown up from a family member, i have been notified that i have been rejected! I have appealed this decision as i have not lived with this family member for over 16 years, and have no regular contact with them. I stated on the application form about this etc. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? and if their appeal was successful?

    • 10 replies
    • 969 views
  12. brav0twozero
    Started by brav0twozero,

    Today, I passed my SET and fitness test and I'm absoluetly over the moon! I have my initial interview in 4 weeks and I've already started preparing for it. Oddly, I can't wait to get in the interview room and show how dedicated I am for this as opposed to being a nervous wreck. Here's my problem. When I was 18 I rather naively took out a loan. It wasn't long before I decided to leave work to pursue an education hence I found it very difficult to make repayments. 5 years later, I'm £5900 in debt and currently repaying it through a debt management firm. When I was on the phone to Apex I asked how many defaults I had and they said 17!! This was due to my 3 years at Univer…

    • 5 replies
    • 531 views
  13. Mentac1
    Started by Mentac1,

    Hi all I managed over the weekend got an infection and a because of this i am quite unwell with it, won't go into it but it is not your normal chest/throat infection which I usually don't give a second thought to and I am now on 13 tablets a day for the next 10 days. However after seeing my doctor today he has advised that I should take the rest of the week off work, now I cant see this being a problem in itself but how will it affect my application for northumbria with regards sick days. I do need to take the time off and am not usually one to take days off no matter how ill I am I always go to work but this is different and I fail to remember ever feeling so bad, wha…

    • 4 replies
    • 584 views
  14. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    Hello all, I'm just attempting to get hold of an application for the Police and came across this site, so i thought i'd ask a few quesitons with regards to the fitness/medical... I'm a fairly fit lad, although i'm pretty big... I used to play rugby, and started back last season, so my fitness is in pretty good condition, and my strength is good, hence the reason i play prop! - Being only young aswell, playing prop forward against grown men isn't that easy! I've been training for the police... and i'm confident that i'll pass the fitness... what concerns me is that i'm a pretty big lad, ill be honest! If i pass the fitness... can i fail the medical for being overweigh…

    • 3 replies
    • 435 views
  15. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi I have flat feet, i'm awaiting a medical date. Just wandered if this is going to cause me any problems? I didn't mention this on my application form, as there didn't seem to be an area to mention it and i thought it wouldn't be an issue but i am slightly worried now. Has anyone been through the medical with flat feet?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.