Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. wannabepoliceofficer
    Started by wannabepoliceofficer,

    I have just completed and submitted my application to Dyfed-Powys. Read and re-read my completed application what seems like 50+ times, almost developed an OCD from it! Took a lot of work and preperation, lets hope it pays off. Anyone else applying or working for Dyfed-Powys?

    • 9 replies
    • 749 views
  2. peterparker
    Started by peterparker,

    Hi all, Just thought I would mention I have my day 1 pack received yesterday and a date for 9th Feb 2009, I was at the 13th July IBIS event and have been patiently waiting. Lots to read through so glad I have a couple of months to prepare, I don't believe if successful I'll be in by March as stated at the IBIS event though?. Hope others attending the IBIS hear soon if not already. Good Luck all

  3. laurajday123
    Started by laurajday123,

    I'm so so sorry if this has already been covered so many times, i just couldnt find a definate answer anywhere. In the Met, for your day 2, do they stop you during the bleep test at 5.4 or do they ask you to go as far as you can? Thanks alot! L

    • 4 replies
    • 274 views
  4. huggy
    Started by huggy,

    Hi, very new to this forum. Okay, I'm probably being way too negative and I shouldn't be as I thought my application form was pretty strong and they are still sorting through the applications as I write this. So if I get knocked back I believe it is 6 months before I can re-apply?. Now is the 6 months from when the form was sent in (October) or from the date you get your letter of rejection. It its from when the original application was sent in, it wouldn't be too bad as 6 months would be April?. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 477 views
  5. JD11546620185
    Started by JD11546620185,

    Hurrah! Just found out that I've passed day1 assessment centre for the Met. Did the day on 13th November, anyone else out there from around the same time.

    • 1 reply
    • 456 views
  6. pip1546620343
    Started by pip1546620343,

    Iam just wondering if anyone has applied to Norfolk Police this year. I applied in July had my fitness test mid September and recieved my security vetting form 2wks ago. When i attended the fitness test half of the group had their assesment centre date for Nov 6th. I have still not got mine. Any ideas how long from fitness test to assesment centre for Norfolk a rough idea would be nice.

    • 2 replies
    • 195 views
  7. bustybrunette
    Started by bustybrunette,

    I need to take with me a signed by GP medical questionnaire. I never recieved a questionnaire in my pack for day 2,did any one else if they did can they please put a copy on here. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 211 views
  8. Jas1546620336
    Started by Jas1546620336,

    Anybody attending WMP AC @ Lloyd House on Dec 2nd morning?

    • 3 replies
    • 136 views
  9. cmay_nz
    Started by cmay_nz,

    I have just got home from what should have been a very exciting day out. Uniform fitting and medical! Tried on all the uniform and it finally hit home that after all this time and effort i am one step closer to being a copper but then it all falls, I went straight to my medical, passed all my tests and then started discussing what medication i have taken in the last month etc I weight train quite a lot and have filled out in the last 6 months, when discussing with the Doc i told him i was on Maximuscle (CYCLONE) sports supplement, now regret saying that as he now says that it has a trace of a steriod in the supplement called Beta - Ecdysterone. After initially explain…

  10. lauram22
    Started by lauram22 * ,

    Hi everyone, just need a bit of advice really. I failed the strength portion of the fitness test in october, so followed all the instructions on the sheet, went to the gym 5 times a week for the last 6 weeks. had my test again and lo and behold i failed!! got 40kg on the push (pass) and 29kg on the pull, so 6 off. i dont think i can lift anymore at the gym, so at a bit of a loss what to do. im 5ft 2 and weigh about 8 n abit stone, not sure if thats the problem!! any advice would be appreciated, if anyone knows of 1 of these machines i can practice on in cumbria please let me know! thanks for reading xxx

  11. APB08
    Started by APB08,

    Hi All, I have just received the break down of my day 1 scores and was just wondering how they reach your final score. For those who have had their results back you will know that they are graded A-D and for each you are given scores 3-0. Do they add then up and then use that figure for the percentage or do they do it some other way....? I thought I'd give it a try here first incase someone could enlighten me. Thanks in advance APB

  12. dt2008
    Started by dt2008,

    Hi, I am just wondering why does everyone want to join the police force? What are your motivations for joining? Is it for more satisfaction? variety? to help the community? etc I am just intrigued as i am soon to start with the police and i am really excited. Since leaving uni i have had to endure a number of jobs i have really not enjoyed and joining the police is something i have wanted to do since a young age. The satisfaction of helping people and preventing crime is the biggest reason for my career change. Cheers everyone, Answers on a postcard.........

    • 2 replies
    • 853 views
  13. weephil
    Started by weephil,

    Hey Guys i had my medical today and and they have dropped the final fitness so i start in January :)

    • 11 replies
    • 812 views
  14. mavi
    Started by mavi,

    Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone else is waiting for a start date to join Essex Police. I had my medical about two weeks ago! I also received a form for exact sickness record to be completed. Anyone else had one of these?

  15. Onslaught
    Started by Onslaught * ,

    Hello, I got my results through the post today for a PCSO and; Overall Pass 44% RRD 58% Oral Communication 84% Written Communication 50% D in R/D = No Overall pass required 50%. So I passed everything as requirement for RRD was 50%, oral 50% and written 33% yet my overall 44%? How did they work that out? Should I appeal?

    • 3 replies
    • 300 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.