Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. topshotter17
    Started by topshotter17,

    Have my day 1 at Hendon on 17th of oct.....anybody out there?

  2. rathbona1234
    Started by rathbona1234,

    hi i was wondering if the people interviewing you have read your application form? so can you use the same examples of scenarios that you used in your application or do you need to think of different ones? also regarding scenarios, can you use ones from years ago or should they be quite recent ones? and also do they have to come from work scenarios or can they be general eg problems you have had with friends or on days/nights out etc? cheers x

    • 3 replies
    • 159 views
  3. rathbona1234
    Started by rathbona1234,

    i was wondering if anyone had bought this download from the how2become website and had a copy that they could send me? its the How to pass the Police Officer Written Tests download. i have spent so much on books, dvd's and downloads that i thought if anyone already had it then they could email me a copy and save me some money. its mainly the practice numeracy tests that i need. im confident on the other written tests but my maths is really poor and im worried that this will be my downfall at the assessment centre (im actually looking forward to everything else lol sad or what?!!). anyway if anyone can help i would really appreciate it. thanks. bring on the 21st of January…

    • 1 reply
    • 216 views
  4. cul8rm8
    Started by cul8rm8,

    Does anyone know when the next intake is for Strathclyde ? I have heard it is February 09.

    • 2 replies
    • 359 views
  5. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Hello all, I have passed the papersift and assessment centre.... I have passed the fitness also. I'm waiting for my medical and checks to be done. The thing is, about three years ago I was disiplined at work for going against company policy and proceedures. I have had three other employeers since and will get a fantastic ref from them! Do you think that one bad ref will cause me to thrown from the application process? Cheers, Stefa

    • 1 reply
    • 372 views
  6. Desi
    Started by Desi,

    Hi Guys As I've said on my previos post that Iv got my day one with met in 6 weeks and im already a bag of nerves .. god knows how im going to feel nearer to the day!! I've been to the in2police course which was very helpful, and also bought the harry tolley book the other day and going through it. I've just got this very negative mind at the moment and want to be thinking positive thoughts such as "I will pass day one" .... Im sure there's many others in the same boat!! How is everyone structuring their revision? The one that im most dreading is ..... ROLE PLAYS!! :smiley_vomit:

    • 4 replies
    • 216 views
  7. Welshy
    Started by Welshy,

    Great, so I've been in contact with the Met recruitment office, been told that everything is fine with my application, been offered a provisional start date in January, then found out that the stupid b*****ds in the HR department of my company have 'misplaced' the reference form the Met sent them, didn't notify either myself of the Met and have a week turnaround time to respond to reference queries. So now I've contacted recruitment to get them to send another form, but if I'm to start in Jan, I have to hand my notice in by 10am next Friday, so now it's a matter of how fast the reference can be completed, which I have no control over, that will determine whether I get in …

  8. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Anyone tell me what the average time is between their medical/fitness/uniform fitting and the offer letter/start date? Devon & Cornwall Constabulary people preferably...

  9. kevmc1978
    Started by kevmc1978,

    Hi guys, Had my intial interview on Sunday, studied like mad and im sure ive done quite well, they said they were really impressed with my SET results and my time for my fitness which was great. They called me today to post out a data protection doc or something they should have given me at int, I quizzed a bit and they said I had done well at interview, but they were now going to do background checks on my finances etc. This should all be fine. Only concern is that they say they also check out your family etc, now my bros have had minor scrapes in the past but never been charged or anything, but one of them lives with a girl who's family are, lets say, well known, he …

    • 0 replies
    • 480 views
  10. abi1546620296
    Started by abi1546620296,

    just found out i'm off there instead of sully....i'm being posted to bicester.....anyone else?

    • 0 replies
    • 354 views
  11. replicator00
    Started by replicator00,

    Hello, Id just thought id post a quick point about the roleplays at assessment center for anyone who has a date looming. The one thing that caught me inprepared during the roleplays at A/C was that i was giving alot of conflicting information. Not allowed to go into details but for example you may be given two different versions of events from two seperate parties. Its important to understand when to try to remain impartial, be customer focused and also to support your collegues. Im just posting this because ( due to my own fault ) this was something i didnt expect, maybe its just me but if not i hope it helps.

  12. LLewis1534
    Started by LLewis1534,

    Hi all, My start date is 24th November and cant wait! I ahve had the confirmation call and got told a starting pack would be with me soon but still awaiting it, has anyone else received theirs? Really sinking in now, never thought this day would come!! Congratultions to everyone else out there who has passed :smiley_notworthy: Lynn

    leischen261545925572
  13. Andi1545925587
    Started by Andi1545925587,

    I am currently on a public services course at college. It is a 2 year course. I do have a medical condition. It did start to worry me slightly that I would get through the 2 year course and find that I can't get through a medical assesment in the police recruitment process. I did go to a careers advisor who passed me onto a police recruitment officer. The police recruitment officer gave me another number and told me to ask for the occupational health unit. The occupational health unit advised me to take a look at www.policecouldyou.co.uk I did find a somewhat useful pdf document on this website. http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/officers/Medical_59-2004.pdf It tells me i…

    • 2 replies
    • 171 views
  14. rathbona1234
    Started by rathbona1234,

    Hi I have bought some cd's and stuf on how to pass the assessment centre and they are really helping me but i stil feel like i need more help on the numeracy tests. I am struggling with the maths and only has a couple of practice tests for it. I am wanting to buy a book which has lots of practice questions on the maths test as i think i need all the practice i can get. I was hoping someone could recommend one which they found helpful? thank you so much

  15. Kat1
    Started by Kat1,

    I have my uniform fitting in a few days and the letter states that you must take footwear with you however it doesn't outline the guidelines for the type of footwear female officers can wear........could anyone tell me what type of footwear is allowed? And also the best place to purchase?

    • 5 replies
    • 777 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.