Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. silkrob
    Started by silkrob,

    Just thought i'd share my delight with you. What a feeling! Finally the wait is over. Had the phone call yesterday with my start date, 5th Jan 09. Whole application taken nearlly 2years now, my employers were contacted in july and have been waiting for the call ever since!! Anybody else had the good news?? I cant wait now.

    • 21 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. tommymorrison87
    Started by tommymorrison87 * ,

    any1 goin through the selection process for the feb 09 intake for strathclyde police.

    • 5 replies
    • 241 views
  3. Nat1
    Started by Nat1,

    Hi, I have my A/C in a couple of weeks and i am panicing a little over the written report writing. I understand the basic structure of the report and other than spelling and grammer was wondering if anyone can tell me what they mark you on?? Also any advice on how best to fit the race and diversity competency into the report?? Any help would be appreciated Thanks

  4. lozdrew
    Started by lozdrew,

    Hello!! Got my assessment date for GMP on 24th November 08.......any one else got the same?? I've looked through loads of posts and I can't find anyone!! Looks like I'm gonna be a Billy

    ManchesterKathy1546620192
  5. Desi
    Started by Desi,

    Anyone know anything about this?

  6. Olly1546619913
    Started by Olly1546619913,

    Hi, I'm finishing off my applucation form. It states where have you lived in the past 5 years? This is an interesting one as I've worked abroad in various addresses at resorts for the company I work for. Are these classed as addresses I've lived in (some for no more than 5 weeks) or just stayed in? These are usually small staff accomodation alloted/paid for by the company. I'm currently at an address for 6 months in Mauritius and have got a residence permit I can understand I should probably state this one, but the others I'm not so sure about. For the record my only ever permanent address has always been my one in the UK. Info on this would be great. Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 392 views
  7. DaveeJames
    Started by DaveeJames * ,

    Hi... I was just wondering what the minimum pass rate is for the assestment? Sorry not a person of many words or questions... :)

    • 4 replies
    • 208 views
  8. cul8rm8
    Started by cul8rm8,

    Has anyone received their results for the SET done at Jackton on 16/11/08. I failed my first SET a couple of years ago and was informed within a couple of days. How long do you think I should wait.?

    • 3 replies
    • 172 views
  9. Mentac1
    Started by Mentac1,

    Does any one know if Northumbria do a support session for a/c, or has anyone been on anything that would help provided by Northumbria. I know there was an open day around Sept but I didn't manage to secure a place on that. Any help would be greatly helpful

    • 3 replies
    • 109 views
  10. garyroach
    Started by garyroach,

    Hi there i have recently applied to Northumbria Police and was just wondering where i would get put when i get in. I have heard people say they don't like you to work in the area you live.Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 150 views
  11. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hey, cant wait as i have my Essex police medical on the 24th of November! what form of I.D do we have to take? is the driving licence pink card with photo on it ok? this is the last stage then on to vetting......exciting times! matt

    • 12 replies
    • 261 views
  12. phillips22
    Started by phillips22,

    I have just got back from completing WMP A/C day, wow it was intense. I have no idea how I have done but as many have a bad feeling. I did my best and was myself, so I guess thats all I could have done. To be honest I dont think any amount of revision can prepare you for it, okay it does help alot but theres still so much thrown at you. I have to say though, thinking about it I enjoyed the whole experience and just hope I have passed. Good luck to all of you waiting for the results, I will find out in the 12.10.08

    • 7 replies
    • 236 views
  13. butt47jk
    Started by butt47jk,

    doeas anyone know the number to get right out of 25 in maths and 31 from the verbal to get grade A's please.

  14. higgo
    Started by higgo * ,

    I am awaiting a medical form and have noticed that it asks for if you suffer from dizziness. I had an ear infection years ago. Would this go against me ???

    • 1 reply
    • 81 views
  15. kuytd
    Started by kuytd * ,

    Hi folks, i'm new to your site. I only found it yesterday morning about an hour before I went for my assesment centre in Suffolk! I wish I had found it a few weeks ago. I live in Bristol, and want to relocate back to Norwich and join the police. So Tuesday i drove 4+ hours to my parents in Norwich, and went to the assesment yesterday before driving back to Bristol again straight after. I think it would have been better if i had taken more time around it, as the day was more intense than I had expected. I don't know if its just me, but with all the roll plays and other structured stuff, I can't work out if I did really bad or not? I know I can't go into detail, as I sign…

    • 2 replies
    • 242 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.