Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi there Does anyone have any words of wisdom as to how they successfully survived the Met's Foundation Training Course? I'm really enthusiastic about this but am finding the amount we need to get through extremely daunting. How are we supposed to learn everything in those big fat binders? Another issue is the fact I have a ~2hr (each way) commute to Hendon, but I'm working on that. Even with a significantly more convenient location and improved time management, it will nevertheless be frighteningly heavy going. If I had a god I would be praying like crazy ahead of the January exams, ELS exam and OST exam... I'm thinking somebody must have survived otherwise the course …
-
I have done a search, however did not see too much of relevance unless my search criteria was way adrift. I am getting ready for my day 2 medical and fitness with the Met in a weeks time. Assuming I get through and successfully get offered a post. I am developing a niggling question in my mind about my age being a negative. I am currently 45. I would be keen to hear from any others who have joined up later in life and the positive and negative experiences associated with the age thing during their early years. Glen
-
- 2 replies
- 393 views
- 1 follower
-
-
passed my final interview with cheshire!!!! passed the a/c ages back in september and had to do a final in force interview!!! done that last wednesday and got a letter back saying i,d passed!!! made up. would like to thank this site and its members for providing me help.. any1 else got a physical next month in cheshire???
-
- 3 replies
- 191 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I just got my phone call today to arrange my final interview which has been arranged for Wednesday next week Is there any points I should know? I will be studying the 6 strands of equality also il be visiting 3 different police stations and different probationers. Anything else I should look out for?
-
I failed the security and vetting stage for Kent Police with no idea whatsoeva why. I have sent letters of appeal to the force and now patiently waiting for a reply. I was talking to to police officers last night from the Met, they assured me that it would be okay to apply to a different force NOW? I have always been under the impression that you have to wait 6moths before applying to another forc? if failing any part of the application process. OR is it that you cannot apply to the same force for 6months? Someone please help? Thank you. Lee lee
-
Hi there, I dont even know yet if i have been successful with my application but i want to get fit anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone could possibly give my any advice on exercises I could do at home to practice for the push and pull test, Thanks, Manda x
-
- 7 replies
- 777 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello guys, I recieved a letter this morning from kent police which said the following-: What I need to know now is where do I go from here? I had a feeling that this would happen as my father was a bit of a tearaway when I was a baby and was regularly in trouble with the police until I was about 6 years old. He's never been in trouble since (Im now 26). I do have 2 other family members (uncles) who have been to jail before but I haven't spoken or seen either of them since I was a kid (when I was about 12 years old). Could they be the reason I failed the security check? I have never been in trouble with the police myself, and I have a 100% clean driving licence. …
-
- 12 replies
- 6.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
passed my medical. quick question, hope someone knows. November has been a 'busy' month ie birthday parties where alcohol was consumed and fireworks night again alcohol was consumed...you get my drift. well my question is when my urine is tested will this show up and how do they make a decision on whether you fail or not? thanks
-
- 6 replies
- 415 views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi, will anyone confirm that during the structured interview at the current gmp assessments will there be a 3rd person present in the room? or is it just you and the assessor who is asking the question. thanks
-
Hi Guys I've got my Day One with the MET on the 14th Jan 2009. Anyone else got there's on that day as well or anytime around then? Have you started revising or going over the westshire pack? Also I know that Problem Solving and Resilience are the 2 new interview competencies. What sort of examples are there for problem solving. Any help would be grateful. Also can those that have done day one with the MET let me know how they found the day. My main worry is the role plays and the preparation in the 5 minutes ... don't wana spend 5 minutes reading the whole thing over n over again .. anyone found a structure which is best suited to put your notes down and relay them in …
-
- 9 replies
- 229 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello people, Hope you're all well. Quick question regarding timing. I have my A/C on 2nd Dec @ 8:15am for WMP. Just wondering what sort of time people turn up prior to the time written on the invitation letter...half hour, 15 mins, bang on time etc etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Tnanks in advance Jas.
-
Like the title says, which Forces allow a pass mark of 50% from the Assessment Centre?
-
- 60 replies
- 10k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey everyone..... just got my letter today telling me that i have been posted to Slough and will be training at Sulhamstead beginning the 1st Dec!! Just wondering if there was anyone else out there in the same situation as me?? hopefully i will speak to some of you soon!
-
Hello All, Anyone looking to dash of to tulliallan around Feb/Mar 09 time? Hopefully I should be going around that time, fingers crossed. Regards, UR Control
-
Hi guys, Apologies for repeating myself as ive posted this elsewhere a few times, but ive got my inital interview on Sunday as was looking for a bit of advice if anyone can help? Thanks