Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Atiuaf
    Started by Atiuaf,

    Some useful thing which come acros on this forum and thought to put them togather,So instead of looking into loads of different posts, just read this one, They are not in any order , but i guess you will get what you are looking for!!!! Here they are: Ø Introduce yourself and tell us about yourself up till now. Ø Why join the police? Ø What do the police do? Ø Describe a typical day for a Police Officer in your division. Ø What do community officers do? Ø What is mission statement? Ø What do you think “working together ….†(i.e. mission statement) actually means/entails? Ø What research have you done? VERY IMPORTANT*** Ø What happens at Tul…

    • 6 replies
    • 740 views
  2. nickydavies
    Started by nickydavies * ,

    hey guys i am not sure wether i should declare on the form under past if i have any cautions yes or no, going back nearly 3 years ago, i was in a shop with my friend, and unbeknown to myself he took something from the shop, as i was with him i recieved a pnd as did he, his was for being a shoplifter and mine was for being in the company of a shoplifter, i was told that this was not a caution, and once the fine was payed there would be no record of it so i am a little on edge with what to do, should i declare it even though it is not a caution or should i leave it out. thank you very much guys

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. Contra
    Started by Contra * ,

    Hey all, first post. :) I'm looking to join the Police and I have a few questions that I hope somebody can help me out with. I know during the application proccess my background will be checked, I'm not worried about this, but I was wondering if they check your family? Next question, I've just come out of Uni and I don't plan on applying to join the force until I have had to some real work experience, is there any normal jobs that would help me when it comes to applying? Thanks in advance.

  4. laurajday123
    Started by laurajday123,

    Hi, not sure if i'm posting this in the correct section, so sorry if i'm not. I'm mid application to the met at the moment, just have my fitness test and vetting left to go, and i have a few questions. I was trying to work out what my salary would be if all goes well during training and after training, so i can try and get my head around my finances. I've looked on the met website and this is what it says: A: From the 1st September 2008 on joining the pay is £22,104 and on completion of initial training (end of 31 weeks) it rises to £24,675. For the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) London Weighting is £2,055 and London Allowances is £4,338. Therefore during traini…

    Emily-Elizabeth
  5. KIRSTIE S
    Started by KIRSTIE S,

    Hi All I have an interview in 2 weeks and they have asked to bring along all relevent Certificates, i cannot find my original school exam one as i left school 20 years ago !!! I have all recent qualifications though, will this be a problem ?? Any advise thanks all K x

    • 4 replies
    • 861 views
  6. katekelly141
    Started by katekelly141 * ,

    Hi everyone. Can anybody help? Ihave passed everything in the recruitment process, and am awaiting a start date. Does anybody know when the next intakes are and how the training works? Is it 2 years of training or is that the probation period? Do we do the training and then start our 2 year probation period? I would really appreciate anyones help here as I am a little confused Kate K

    • 0 replies
    • 337 views
  7. Drewfasa
    Started by Drewfasa * ,

    Hi all, I was on hold for an hour this morning calling the number to book a place for a met recruitment event and then it cut me off. I tried yesterday too and was on hold for 30 min before I had to leave. Is there another way to book a place for recruiting events? Your help is much appreciated! -Drew

  8. Liam_E1546619998
    Started by Liam_E1546619998,

    So got my later through, My SET and fitness date is on sunday 16th november. Its at 9am aghh I will be up very early that day!!!

    • 6 replies
    • 313 views
  9. gavinhowells
    Started by gavinhowells,

    Hello everyone, First off, I'm really sorry if this has been approached before. I did a search but it returned nothing. I applied for the police 18 months ago, however failed at the assessment centre stage. While the news was pretty upsetting, I decided I wouldn't let it hinder me and felt the experience would benefit me next time. I feel better prepared now, both mentally and physically. I've just received my application pack and the questions are Identical to those I completed previously. So, my question is - can I use the same answers I previously gave, possibly expanding on one or two, or do they expect you to come up with complety new situations to talk about? Ma…

    • 3 replies
    • 347 views
  10. Guest bluelou
    Started by Guest bluelou,

    Help!! Ive just failed an A/C with the met,got 57% which is good enough to transfer. I live in Manchester,who do i transfer my application to?? Basicly i want the easiest force to get into GMP Cheshire Merseyside BTP BTP is the only force without a final interview?? Should i go with them??

    • 1 reply
    • 126 views
  11. replicator00
    Started by replicator00,

    Hey im awaiting a start date, currently working a single crew security postion and spend most of my evenings on this reading through this forum.I have no friends on this forum, Would you like to be my friend? You know u wanna!

    • 10 replies
    • 276 views
  12. Simon_austen
    Started by Simon_austen,

    < ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><> Hi there, I just joined the forum to see if i could get some advice about joining the Police force. Earlier this year i applied for a PCSO job in Cambridgeshire Constabulary as I've been told it is a good way to get into the force and I've wanted to get into the force for years and saw this as my opportunity. I passed the application form and was asked to attend at assessment centre in August. I passed the interview and the written test but failed the role-play ex…

    • 0 replies
    • 831 views
  13. ryanbarnes2
    Started by ryanbarnes2,

    I HAD MY MEDICAL LAST THURS ANYBODY WAITING FOR O GOT A FITNESS DATE

  14. TheBrig
    Started by TheBrig,

    Hi all. I took my A/C with the Met a few weeks ago and found out last week that I hadn't been successful, which I was bummed about. Anyway I rang up today, because they didn't have my percentages last week, and I got 55% overall, 67% RRD, 100% oral and 78% written, which luckily means I can transfer my mark. Anyway I have been thinking about BTP, as they pay London rates and I can get around easily in London. I was wondering what the transfer procedure is for BTP, if they are taking transfers obviously. Is it true that my AC score is valid for a year, so I can wait for BTP to accept transfers? Thanks for your advice.....or I could try for Kent, but they have a final i…

  15. www.
    Started by www.,

    Starting to feel like I'm the only one left on the planet who handed their App form in for the 31st July and still waiting to hear. Anyone else out thereeeeeeeeeee............. Maybe it's some warped test of Resilience.....

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.