Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Sonicgod1546620245
    Started by Sonicgod1546620245,

    Anyone know if the CCRU from is assessed? Anyone else got a form as blank as mine?

    • 2 replies
    • 363 views
  2. Varni
    Started by Varni * ,

    Hello, I have made the decision now after careful consideration to apply to join the police force. I am just wondering if I fail a section do I have to redo all the parts next time or only the section I failed. Sorry if this has been posted before. Thanks

  3. StevenT
    Started by StevenT,

    "Also, after you sit your SET you will get a question paper handed to you with around four questions, such as: Why do you want to be a police officer? What do think a police officer does on a day to day basis? Describe a recent event/achievement that you are proud of Indicate your qualities or what qualities a police officer should have? " Quotes from Policeuk.com, can anyone shed light on whether this paper is still active after sitting the Scottish SET's? ty

    • 2 replies
    • 226 views
  4. StevenT
    Started by StevenT,

    Hi, I am in the process of filling out my application and was wondering what the core compentencies were. I have tried searching for them but found various answers so I was hoping for some help here. Also, I would imagine that I should try to provide examples of said competencies within my applicaition.

    • 1 reply
    • 305 views
  5. dan22
    Started by dan22,

    I got the call today, 12.1 beep test level and average of 80kg push pull! There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the beep test levels: I have put a list of all the speeds per level these last for about 45-50 seconds per level, the minimum standard is 5.4, and to some that may be hard to achieve if they haven't done any preparation! But a little bit of prep would get you a 5.4, what they made clear to us was that it was an "interview" and we had to impress! Take into account the "warm up" which had some people a little short of breath! L1 8.5km L2 9.0km L3 9.5km L4 10km L5 10.5km L6 11km L7 11.5km L8 12km L9 12.5 km L10 13km L11 13.5km L12…

    • 6 replies
    • 437 views
    colette1546620157
  6. Richie_46
    Started by Richie_46,

    I'm in the process of application and bearing in mind that later down the long road of recruitment, the police may contact my current employer for references etc. Although I have a reasonably good relationship with my boss I'm not 100% sure about letting him know yet. your thoughts??

  7. Biscuit1546620200
    Started by Biscuit1546620200,

    Is there a universal pay day for the Metropolitan Police and if so when? When you start do you get paid the first time you reach that date or once you've worked at least a month? I'm just waiting on references, so hope to be starting soon. I currently get paid a week in arrears and hope to be able to plan how long I'm going to have to hide the debit card for. Apologies if these questions have been posted elsewhere. I've spent about an hour searching and getting distracted by numerous other posts.

    • 5 replies
    • 8.7k views
  8. kimbo:)
    Started by kimbo:) * ,

    hi everyone ! :) i am 19 and have applied to the police twice now and both times have been rejected for not having enough life experience, what type of full time job can i do to gain life experience whilst waiting to try and apply again ? thanks Kim

    jonathan123456789
  9. scottyb0102
    Started by scottyb0102,

    Hi everyone, Ive just sat my assessment for merseyside and now am worried i have failed the written tests. Am now looking back on what i did and think i may have made a couple of spelling mistakes, i no you need to reach the 44%(written) to pass but my question is this.... If you reach the 50% overall pass mark but fail the written test,can you apply to another force who will take your 50% pass mark ?? Ps Another 10 days to wait for result. Its a nightmare waiting game. Thanks everyone and best of luck to anyone going through the process.

  10. Jo 84
    Started by Jo 84,

    Hey all, I have my event day on 14th September 2008, was just wondering if someone could spread a little light on the finance checks. I do have debts in the region of 15k from University, unemployment and helping my family out in hard times. I have kept most of them up to date but due to low pay and living costs have struggled. I know unless you show a senisble debt managment you will not be considered! If i joined a goverment funded debt managment company would this provide senisble debt managment or mean instantly i was no accepted. Any help would be great.

  11. RocketDive98
    Started by RocketDive98,

    Hey all Just thought I'd let you know that I passed my fitness today with 8.4 on the bleep test and averaged 60ish on the push and pull (from what I remember heh) While no means great its still a pass. Now for the question. At the end we got a talking to about how our fitness wasn't great and how we all need to improve to avoid being embarassed once we start training. I realize its one of those things even if we had all been extremely fit they would have most likely said this - reasons being motivation to get better etc. I'm just wondering - what level of fitness should I be looking at for when training commences (I'm looking at a round about the 15th of september s…

  12. StevenT
    Started by StevenT,

    Hello everyone, stumbled across this forum on google and found it quite helpful! Wondered if anyone could answer a couple of questions for me though, I am about to put my application into Strathclyde police and (all going well) will move onto the following recruitment stage’s but I have little knowledge of this “initial interview†and what takes place during it. I am aware I am getting ahead of myself but I just like knowing what I am up for. After completing the application successfully and being asked to undertake a fitness test it is to my understanding I will then undertake this interview, can anyone (preferably someone who has done it) tell me what takes place d…

    • 1 reply
    • 330 views
  13. Emily-Elizabeth
    Started by Emily-Elizabeth,

    I have finally made up my mind that I am going to apply to Met Pol Am currently working at the Highways Agency in the control room, which I hope will count as relevant experiance. I have also sorts of questions in my head, seriously worried that I won't be good enough either. This is a really girlie thing to say, but I am wondering if I am better off starting a family before I decide to join up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, also interested to hearing an honest answer on what people think of the Traffic Wombles. Looking forward to hearing from you Emily

    • 2 replies
    • 449 views
    Emily-Elizabeth
  14. brav0twozero
    Started by brav0twozero,

    I'm really eager to join the force, it's been a dream of mine ever since I started school, but I fear I may not be accepted on certain grounds. Firstly, I'll quickly put out some positives. 1- Clean driving licence 2- No criminal convictions 3- Very fit 4- Very motivated 5- Street smart, work well with others and a willingness to improve in every aspect of my career. Now onto these potential pitfalls: 1- Family background- My father was caught driving while under the influence of alcohol and subsequently charged and banned for 18 months; My brother was accused of rape but charges were eventually dropped due to lack of evidence. 2- Finance- …

    • 7 replies
    • 539 views
  15. Val Wicken
    Started by Val Wicken,

    If I fail my final interview can I transfer my application to another force?

    • 4 replies
    • 412 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.