Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mickymac67
    Started by mickymac67,

    hi friends. I have my final interview on the 25th of this month anybody that give give me any advice or information i would be very grateful regards mick

    • 2 replies
    • 129 views
  2. Alpha11
    Started by Alpha11,

    does anyone know what this consists of in WMP? I've got my provisional start date and induction pack etc but they go theyre doing my final security check? i know theyve recently got my employment reference back after they sent the pack so whats in the final security check? Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 477 views
  3. dariogradi
    Started by dariogradi,

    Hi - I'm starting with Cheshire on the 20th August - anyone else starting then?? Good to hear from anyone else as excited as me!!!

  4. law3
    Started by law3,

    Hi to all, am new to the site but have a burning question I need some help with. Have now been with the Ministry of Defence Police for two and a half years and have been fortunate enough to land at a station where you have nothing to do with gate security and do actually carry out police work. (Yes, I know thats hard for some of you to believe, but it's true, MDP do crime!!) Is there anyone out there who has made this switch and really regretted it, and obviously are there any people out there who have made the switch and only wish they had done so sooner??? Im seriously tempted at a transfer to the MET, have current qualification in three firearms and also have my resp…

  5. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    iv put my medical form in to be signed by GP after an appointment last friday where we went through most of it. all i had to do was add a few bits she told me from my notes and then it can be signed as in her words she doesnt need to go through it all becasue we already had in my apt. i marked it as urgent upon advice from reception and i called today for an update and they said they dont even think it will be done tomorrow??? WHY do they take so blimmin long? how long can it take for 1 signature? iv even offered to pay extra for a fast service but apparently thats not something they offer. dont really know why im writing this lol just wanted to vent!!!

  6. aubz
    Started by aubz,

    hi there can't seem to find any info on what sort of shifts you work, and if there is any sort of shift pay unsociable hours etc etc, do I have to wait until I am lucky to get through the stages to find this info out, or is there a web site that can fill in the blanks? I am applying to the met

    • 2 replies
    • 520 views
    k1ngy1546620134
  7. ashbash82
    Started by ashbash82,

    Hi, I have heard that once probationers have finished the 15 wk tulliallan course that they go on the beat as community officers, and police their own divisions for 6 months. Can anyone shed some light on wither this is true or not? Ashley

    • 17 replies
    • 1.9k views
  8. AshB
    Started by AshB,

    Hey there, not entirely sure if im in the right place. If not, mod please can you move it to the correct place? Thanks:). Anyways, i have my initial interview in around 2 weeks, i just wondered if anybody who has already been through this can give me a little insight on what they ask. Any examples of the questions? How many judges/officers? Any information just to settle my nerves would be a great help! Thanks in advance, Ash

    • 16 replies
    • 447 views
  9. jambomambo
    Started by jambomambo * ,

    Hi there , Just been worried over something and hope someone could probably shed some sort of hope . I was in the strathclyde police cadets in Glasgow for a year but didnt complete it as i resinged just after gaining my qualification. I had personal circumstances to deal with at home so i had basically no other choice. I have now got through all that and now im applying to central scotland police and im worried incase they start to ask why i resigned? Id appreciate any correspondence thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 301 views
  10. CyborgXXX
    Started by CyborgXXX,

    Hey everyone Have been reading that the Police like good "life experience" now im 18 nearly 19 and was wondering what sort of things I could do between now and applying to get some stuff to make my application look better. Any ideas? Cheers Chris

  11. JoDoc
    Started by JoDoc,

    :smiley_vomit: :smiley_vomit: :smiley_vomit: :smiley_vomit: :smiley_vomit: :smiley_vomit: Hey everyone, I have my SETs/Fitness at Jackton on Monday!! Can you tell I feel sick???? Ive done lots of prep, past papers, going for runs, and various body attack/combat classes, it doesnt stop me feeling like i havent done enough though!! My weakness is running to be honest, i always want to stop, but obviously thats a big no no, as its now an automatic fail if you do!! ###### Anywho, i shall give it my all, Im sure the adrenaline will kick in and that will be a big help!!! My friend who is in "LC" division (clydebank) said she just kept thinking "if I get round this, …

    • 16 replies
    • 397 views
    carol25scotland
  12. colette1546620157
    Started by colette1546620157,

    Hi, A couple of week ago I started a new job, I have already passed the vetting and supplied two references for WYP (Dont think these have been checked yet). I know on the vetting form it says to inform them of change in circumstances throughout the vetting process, but since ive had the all clear do i still need to mention starting a new job to the police?

    • 1 reply
    • 254 views
  13. aubz
    Started by aubz,

    hi there I am half a century old, and want to join the met. will my age be a hinderance, or a help? if I am lucky to get through the paper sift, will the assessment day and physical do me? thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 308 views
    colette1546620157
  14. Jainey
    Started by Jainey * ,

    Hi, I am currently going throught the recruitment process with GMP, I have passed everything and I am waiting for further information. Does any one know whether if you pass all the stages of the recruitment process you are automatically offered a position? Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 950 views
    mikes1546620199
  15. jon33
    Started by jon33,

    Anyone know how long it is before you can transfer to another police force after your initial 30odd week training? Do you have to wait until after the two year probation or can you transfer during that? Cheers

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.