Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. UDR
    Started by UDR,

    Hey, I have a question about what the requirements are for joining the police, I have searched around and cannot find anything to tell me if you need a C or above to join. Can someone please let me know if you require this or if you only have to pass the test given to you at assessment. Thanks UDR

  2. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    hi, does every force do vetting interviews? i have seen that some of you have said you have had them but i havnt been told by TVP that one will be required of me i would actually quite like to have one as there is a few things i would like to discuss with them. anyone know? thanks laura

    • 7 replies
    • 372 views
  3. ginag1982
    Started by ginag1982,

    Guys am new to all this am desperate for some advice i have my fitness test tom at tally ho and at the mo am in bed with aches and pains and flu symptoms. on my letter it said this may prohibit me taking the test, will this go against me? its my last try am getting very worked up about it which i know wont help me get better am praying for a miracle in the morning but really dont think my body will have the energy. will go to the test in the morning but who makes the decision me or them? please reply am worrying. thanks gina

    • 4 replies
    • 386 views
  4. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    Hi, I applied for GMP in January, I heard back that I had failed the application and need to wait 6 months till I can reapply.. Is it 6 months from when the application is processed or 6 months from when I applied? any ideas? thank

    • 5 replies
    • 577 views
  5. ginag1982
    Started by ginag1982,

    hi guys have my fitness test tomorrow but am holed up in bed with flu symptoms and aches and pains, am gutted as have trained hard for test. this is my final go too. it says on my letter such symptoms may prohibit you taking test. does anyone have experience of this. i will attend tom and have emailed the trainer but there is no way my body will be ready to run round that course. will this go against me. please help and reply as getting very stressed cheers gina

  6. randomname1234569
    Started by randomname1234569 * ,

    I am starting my 2nd year of sixth form (A2 levels) and considering a degree in Law, followed by a career in the police force. A dilemma I have been worrying about for quite some time now, is application and the disclosure of a previous arrest.. In December last year I was arrested 3 days after a party, under what i believe is the "Sexual Offences Act 2003, chapter 42, part 3: 'sexual touching' (over 13) " This is an extremely embarassing topic for me to talk about - as the allegation was competely untrue, and out of character. The girl accusing me was 17, and I was 16. After spending 4 hours in a local holding cell I was interviewed by two detectives, with a solicit…

    • 3 replies
    • 417 views
  7. victormeldrew
    Started by victormeldrew,

    Anyone having the same problem since the recent change? My LA still runs the same service (9-5)!

    • 10 replies
    • 555 views
    george76271546620128
  8. rogue0809
    Started by rogue0809,

    Hi folks, I desperately want/need your help and advice please!! I am currently applying for the police and have just found out I have got through to the next stage after the application form but they are to do security and financial checks. Now these wouldn't normally bother me as I have already gone through these whilst going into the RAF a few years back and was successful. However, in that time I stupidly bought a laptop from DELL on finance and have been paying it off ever since no worries, until recently!!! Due to the fact I was getting these checks done, I have been checking all my finances and have only just noticed that my DELL payments have stopped coming out …

    • 4 replies
    • 671 views
    Gismo1546620204
  9. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    my friends hubby is joining TVP. he has had a fitness test already which he passed and apparently he has to go back and do another one cos they want to see an improvement on the first one 6 wks before his start date? is this normal? i have never heard that there is 2 fitness tests...?

    • 6 replies
    • 248 views
  10. Fury
    Started by Fury,

    Hi I am just wondering if there is a list of all uniform and kit that you get upon joining ( West Yorks). Also at what stage do you get it ? Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
    jemz1546620088
  11. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    Are you allowed to discipline staff during role plays if you feel they've done something wrong or is it not your position to do this? Yours Confused.

    • 3 replies
    • 220 views
  12. damien3693
    Started by damien3693 * ,

    Hi all, I have just been given my start date for West Mercia (20th OCT 08), getting Shrewsbury and know training is in Wellington, i passed through there on my way home from Alton Towers the other day and its a tiny place. I've just left the RAF and remember basic training/training school being a little bigger. (just thought the training school for shropshire would be a little bigger thats all). Not like its a problem or anything but does anyone have a clue what happens on the first day, cause even though my old mans a copper in Liverpool, he tells me sod all.(probably cause he joined 7 years before i was born ) Any comments will be greatly appreciated to help my kno…

  13. mutley_k
    Started by mutley_k * ,

    hi, does anyone know whether the september MOD intake is still going ahead????????

    • 2 replies
    • 889 views
    Sion1546620043 *
  14. Mark_647
    Started by Mark_647,

    Hello all !! Working hard at my BMI, 33.5 down to 30 with a month and few days till my pre-med so hopefully may get BMI 29 ?? Hope it ok.... The bleep test - Am i right in saying you only run for about 4 mins and stop ? around 1 minute is walking and jogging ??? Is this right ??? It seems extremely slack to me and im not immensly fit at all !!!!! Then the push/pull ??? Just 2 things in total?? Thankyou all !!! Mark

    • 5 replies
    • 188 views
  15. ryanbarnes2
    Started by ryanbarnes2,

    HI I THINK I AM GOING TO BE UNDERWEIGHT FOR MY POLICE MEDICAL. I AM 8 STONE AND 5FT 10 OR 11 ISH. WILL THIS STOP ME FROM GETTING IN. ANY TIPS WHAT I CAN DO TO INCREASE MY WEIGHT PLEASE HELP!!

    • 3 replies
    • 190 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.