Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. carlow
    Started by carlow,

    Does anyone know exactly what kind of vetting a transferee goes through? A friend of mine has recently applied for a transfer. He has had the interview which was successful i.e yes we would love to have you, passed the medical and was ready to hand in his notice with his current force. Today he received a letter from the tranfer team stating that they cold not proceed with his application any further. This decision was made by the Force Vetting Unit. That was it! No explanation as to why and he cannot think of any reason why he has failed at this stage. He had previously worked for this force for 10 years but left to live abroad for a year. On his return he applied with…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  2. scousemouse
    Started by scousemouse,

    How come West Midlands are using a completely different test as comparted to the rest of country? West Mids uses the assault course which granted gives a better picture of fitness but everyone else is using the Home Office method of the bleep tests. Seems a little unfair if everyone else joining is suing a different standard. Thought everyone had to use the same test?scousemouse2008-02-08 10:16:43

    WetBehindTheEar
  3. Ross1546620138
    Started by Ross1546620138,

    Hiya, just to confirm is the bleep test a 15 or 20 metre track?

    • 3 replies
    • 339 views
  4. nikki21
    Started by nikki21,

    Hi guys, does anybody know if there is a copy of the Westshire Centre welcome pack in the role play room that you can refer to during the interaction? for example if you want to discuss the equality policy statement and code of conduct etc Many thanks, Nikki

    • 7 replies
    • 566 views
  5. ayup1
    Started by ayup1,

    I have now passed everything for Derbyshire, the physical on the 1st and medical on the 15th of July. I phoned resources today and they said they just need my security checks and it could take 10-12 weeks from my physical date. Anyone else in the same position? Will I only recieve an offer of acceptance once all this is done? I just want conformation.

    • 2 replies
    • 291 views
  6. jonathan123456789
    Started by jonathan123456789,

    i haev never had any medication or seen a psychologist,m but in the past i have been to the doctor regarding anxiety, not general anxiety but anxiety about something specific that would in no way interfere with any kind of police work, would this be an issue, as on the form it has suffered from depression/anxiety, i haven't had general anxiety or deppression, and then another question is mental illness, although it has been a mental issue i don't think it is an illness at all, doesn't interfere with my life at all, would any of this be a problem and do i tick the no boxes on the form?

    • 2 replies
    • 162 views
    jonathan123456789
  7. rich060286
    Started by rich060286,

    Hi, I'm new to this and wondering if anyone can help? I'm 22 and amazingly passed my first Assesment Centre in March and then my fitness test at the end of April. Despite telling everyone I had no chance to get in D&C, especially not near my hometown and not at my age. Now delighted to go against all that and chomping at the bit to start. Does anyone know of any intake or start dates for the 6 month trainig for people on the Plymouth waiting list? Bit nervous now that I am so close and recieved my letter to say that I have completed the recruitment process and I am on the waiting list! Still can't believe it! All lays on my final reference off my current employ…

  8. nikki21
    Started by nikki21,

    Hey guys!! anyone else got their Met A/C this sat(2nd Aug?) im so nervous! :smiley_vomit: any last hints or tips for me? Thanks Nikki

    • 6 replies
    • 412 views
  9. luke4387
    Started by luke4387,

    Hi all, I got my application in on time etc (final date was noon on Monday 28th July) and I am wondering when I will hear if I have passed that part of the process. Im bricking it that I may not pass! I go on hols 18th August, will the result be back by then? Also, what is the next step in the process IF I DO pass the application process. I know all forces are different. How long does the recruitment period take? I have applied to West Mercia. Thanks Luke

    • 5 replies
    • 400 views
  10. conory
    Started by conory * ,

    Hi everyone. Im 16 and im thinking of joining the police or even the Ministry of Defence police if possible, when im 18. And I want to know if having asthma would stop me from joining ??, but my asthma is only very mild. And would having a stammer cause any problems either ?? Thanks in advance! -conory

  11. Alpha11
    Started by Alpha11,

    Today it came... I mean its still provisional but its exciting filling out your bank details, pension etc etc its good to think my next letter from the police should be saying all final security checks are complete and i'll have a solid job offer :o) its so exciting lol

    • 2 replies
    • 732 views
    Silverwillow1546620257
  12. duffy
    Started by duffy * ,

    hi, ive just turned 18 and i applied to the nottinghamshire police force to be a PCSO. i studied hard for it and i got through to the interview and i passed!. i now have my medical next week,im not worried about the test at all, as i play a lot of sport and keep myself fit.i was just wondering what to wear? i dont want to turn up too casual and give a bad impression. should i wear a suit and put my shorts in a bag? or just go in my sports wear for the fitness test which is on the same day?. Help would be much appreciated thanks, James

    • 9 replies
    • 216 views
  13. Jimmy Pea
    Started by Jimmy Pea,

    Hey, This is my 1st post and I'm in need of your help! Please spare me 5 mins. I'm 22, 23 in a month and looking to join the Met. Though I live in North Yorkshire at the moment my Dad and Uncle both started in the Met and suggested that it's the only place for a young man to begin their career... In any case I won't bore you guys with that. In the conditions of selection I read that poor credit can be a problem.... Last year I had a run in with the Inland Revenue, it all stems from when I was 19 I worked as a self employed electricians mate, being very young and that being my 2nd job I wasn't very familiar with the workings of this and didn't return 3 tax return forms…

  14. Sucre7
    Started by Sucre7,

    Finally got my MET start date, Monday 8th September 08, anyone else starting on this date? Just got to make my final borough selection but recruitment told me all boroughs are available so I think I'll be off to Westminster!

    • 36 replies
    • 2.2k views
  15. sprout_saint
    Started by sprout_saint,

    Did my a/c at Sussex yesterday...I know you have to wait 6 months to re-apply. Is that any force....for instance can I know apply for the BTP or six months applying for anything?

    • 6 replies
    • 192 views
    jonathan123456789

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.