Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dalec
    Started by dalec,

    Good Morning Everybody! Does anybody know where you can get practical papers to revise from for the 'Police Recruitment Process'? Thank you! Dalec

    • 6 replies
    • 411 views
  2. jonathan123456789
    Started by jonathan123456789,

    apparently this morning my work had a call from the police, and the girl who took the call was sure they said it was regarding a reference? i don't wanna get my hopes up but would it be likely that at this stage, having done my assesment centre last week that it could be because i'd passed the assessment centre? the only thing that confuses me is i didn't put down my current work as a referee? and obviously even if i had got through the assessment centre i still have my fitness and medical?

    • 20 replies
    • 373 views
    jonathan123456789
  3. AmoUsher
    Started by AmoUsher,

    Hi guys, I need help with something as I'm a bit stuck. I recently failed my Force Interview Board with Leicestershire Constabulary, but I want to transfer my application to a different force, preferably closer to me in South Yorkshire even though they're not recruiting at the moment. Can anybody advise me of what to do to transfer my application? Do I still have to wait 6 months before transferring it, or can I transfer it now and just wait 6 months before I hear back from them?

    • 4 replies
    • 533 views
  4. benny18
    Started by benny18 * ,

    when entering the room is the role actor like in your face?? or are they usually quite calm?

  5. canibacopperpls
    Started by canibacopperpls,

    Hi All, I need your advice..i have me first day with Essex Police as regular constable and i just want to know what i should expect in the 1st week? What should i wear on my frst day? Do i take my boots? When does the 2nd fitness test happen etc etc? Please impart some f your knowledge you wise bunch Thanks Sophs

  6. sharlene
    Started by sharlene,

    I am appying for Strathclyde Police this year and was wondering if anyone has been through the whole process and been accepted yet? Maybe they could shed some light on what goes on, i have heard alot of different stories about the SET examsand the fitness exams. just wondering how hard it was to get into the police HELP anyone please?

    • 1 reply
    • 567 views
  7. manny1546620252
    Started by manny1546620252,

    hey all, was just wandering when you have sent off your application, do you recieve a confirmation letter to confirm that they have recieved it?? cheerzzz manny

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
    manny1546620252
  8. Yol
    Started by Yol,

    this is probly not the right place to post this so I appologise in advance. I did my A/C on the 4th June and completed my vetting forms and sent them back special delivery on the 2nd July and still heard nothing. I was wondering if this tide in with anyone else who has or hasn't heard anything? It would just be sole destroying if I had got this far. THANKS

    • 7 replies
    • 202 views
  9. Tazer
    Started by Tazer,

    Hi All I am a probationer in Surrey, I would like to take my sergeants 1 and 2 exams as soon as possible. I understand that it will be a few years until I might be ready to be a skipper but would like to do the exams soon as I am still in the learning mode. Also can you tell me if they run out.

  10. Salsoul
    Started by Salsoul,

    Folks, you may be aware of the 'Essex - what a mess' thread in another area of this forum. Has anyone recently joined or transferred to Essex? I woud be keen to get an objective view of how it is!

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
    NeeNaw1545925537
  11. canibacopperpls
    Started by canibacopperpls,

    Hi All, I need your advice..i have my first day with Essex Police as regular constable on Monday and i just want to know what i should expect in the 1st week? What should i wear on my frst day? Do i take my boots? When does the 2nd fitness test happen etc etc? Please impart some f your knowledge you wise bunch :sweetheart: Thanks

    NeeNaw1545925537
  12. halifaxguy
    Started by halifaxguy,

    hey all, ive been given my medical date, 2nd september. ive been waiting ages for it? im really nervous tho. any1 else got their medical for GMP yet?

    • 1 reply
    • 107 views
    robstock1546620155
  13. Jasrfc1871
    Started by Jasrfc1871 * ,

    Hi all, First post on here!! nice to meet you all!!! I am a serving constable with TVP and will be out of my probation in March 09. My partner and I are looking to buy a house and settle down in the Northants area around next easter time (she is also an officer however works a different area to me). Because of this and also the fact that my force will not let me transfer my policing area closer to the Northants borders I will be looking to transfer to Northants as soon as my probation is up & i receive my confirmation. We can also can not afford the expensive housing prices in the area of the force we currently work in and this is another major motive for wanting …

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. Kenpo
    Started by Kenpo,

    Hi, Can anyone confirm when I will start working shifts please? I am starting with GMP on the 4th of August and I think that the shifts will start when I get to the tutorship on division stage (Week 29). Is this correct? I can see that there are 2 weeks on Division in Phase 2 (Weeks 8-10 I think) so I was just a bit concerned that they would be shifts too. The only reason I ask is I need to know if I am free to put myself through 26.2 miles of pain on Sunday the 5th of October :smiley_help: Thanks Will

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. dalec
    Started by dalec,

    Hi Again! I'm on a roll with creating new topic's today, first the 'Surf's Up' topic (please have a read after this one)and now this one. The main purpose of the topic is to find out if anybody has gone on these police recruitment courses to help you gain a better understanding of the recruiment process. If anybody has been on them it would be great to hear you views on them, and find out the best ones out there. Thankyou!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.