Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. icoxy
    Started by icoxy * ,

    Out of interest, does anyone know if the London weighting / allowances are the same no matter which location you are assigned to with the Met? Or do they vary subject to central London and Outer London, etc? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 458 views
  2. holmes23
    Started by holmes23,

    Right at the moment I am filling in my application for the police force, im feeling tense already as it's a job I have wanted to get into for a while now I just wondered if people thought these were good answers to use for the competency assessment part of the application. I have wrote them all on a word processer first before i put them in my application. Q1. It is vitally important that police officers show respect for others, irrespective of their background - I have wrote about when i was staying with my girlfrend at uni and two other students from another flat were bein loud and distruptive and coming in the flat and taking other people's food out of the kitchen a…

    NeeNaw1545925537
  3. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi, right this question is probabaly old but i NEED advice on this one. Ok now if my absences are in excess of the '3 occasions, 20 odd days' rule and ive passed my A/c will they refer me to occy health before continuing my app or terminate it straight away? ive heard i will have to explain it in medical and then depending on if the force doctor is happy ill either pass or fail and on the other side people on here have said "nope, they will terminate your app' staright away. anyone who works HR or recruitment or people in similar or have been in similar circumstance could you please give me some idea? thanks so much matt

    • 4 replies
    • 185 views
  4. Pineappleroad97
    Started by Pineappleroad97,

    Hi, I passed my medical and fitness on the 28th May, has anyone heard anything or got a start date yet? My current and previous employers have both had reference requests so hoping that is the last stage of vetting!!

  5. CyborgXXX
    Started by CyborgXXX,

    Hi I am looking at joining Lancs and have been told that there is going to be a recruitment window in September, was just wondering what the pay during training is like? Ive used the calculator thing off this forum to get starting pay but whats training pay like? Thanks Chris

    • 15 replies
    • 2k views
  6. james-2172
    Started by james-2172 * ,

    Can someone out there please help with a few questions and concerns i have before i join essex police. I have received my final offer letter and am due to start on the course on september 1st 2008 - i am really happy about this and looking forward to it.. can someone please advise though what is due to happen during the initial training period? As applying from outside the area have been allocated a 'room' for 4 weeks? is this private or like a dorm? After this period i have to find my own accommodation - but all they have told me is im provisionnaly due to serve in the south eastern division.. where is this likely to be in south eastern - is it southend? after the 4 w…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. donallan1
    Started by donallan1 * ,

    Hi, i tried to see if I could see anything about this but I couldnt. Are you allowed a stopwatch during the run and are you allowed an ipod or anything whilst doing it? Im doing it at Jackton. Also is there any sort of guides where you know what distance you have left, etc? Thanks in advance for any replys

    • 6 replies
    • 156 views
  8. andyvk
    Started by andyvk,

    hi only just registered on this site and have found alot of topics very helpful!! i attended a recruitment seminar last week at cheshire constabulary. i received my application which is due in 23rd june!!!! the officers did state two thirds out of the 500 will fail on section 4. so i been spending so much time getting this right!! i have found my scenario's to be real life and not too complex. afterall am only 21 and have just finished university with little experience in life. am just hoping other applicant dont make themselves to be casey ryback otherwise am not gonna stand a chance.

    DTM1546620096
  9. grantos41
    Started by grantos41 * ,

    I've heard that as of now once probationers have completed their initial training when they go back to station they will not be going 'on shift' but will be com-pol, community policing from now on. Is this true if so what does it involve?

    • 5 replies
    • 381 views
  10. ab1982
    Started by ab1982,

    Just a quick question about PND's. As you probably know, on the final page of the PND there is a box where a thumb print goes. Now, my question is, does the receipitant of the PND have to provide a thumb print on acceptance of the PND?, or, do they volunteer it? Cheers!

    • 0 replies
    • 530 views
  11. canibacopperpls
    Started by canibacopperpls,

    Hey chappies has anyone else had a provisional start date with essex for August?

    canibacopperpls
  12. Paul C1546620148
    Started by Paul C1546620148,

    So I've now got the call to ask permission for a reference from my current employer; It's getting really close to the end of my application and I'm -so- excited! How is everyone else going with their application to GMP?

    • 1 reply
    • 283 views
    andyvanderpandy
  13. MT76
    Started by MT76,

    Can anybody help. How does the fitness test work with the push/pull. Does anybody know what type of machines they use so that I can practice at the gym? Running I am not worried about as I run lots but I have to say my upper body strength is not the best and I really have to get working on this. Also, has the grip test been taking away? Cheers :smiley_vomit:

    • 6 replies
    • 221 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  14. timbo1546620255
    Started by timbo1546620255,

    Hi, I've been flicking through various posts on this forum since i'm giving serious thought to applying for the police. Just thought I'd register to ask a few questions of my own..! How long does it generally take between applying and starting, if successful? I have 2 months left in a temp job, so even if I do apply I don't know if I should be looking for other work in the meantime? Or would training etc mean spare time was limited? What age do people generally (or did you) apply for the police? I've read posts from a few saying they joined at 17/18... making my 21 years seem old! PCSO's - I've considered this, as a good way into the police. Any point? Are there good …

    • 1 reply
    • 239 views
  15. monks85
    Started by monks85,

    Hey! Anyone on the Cumbria August 18th intake? Let me know :-)

    • 0 replies
    • 417 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.