Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. tom_tom_sat_nav
    Started by tom_tom_sat_nav,

    Hi I'm due to have my final interview in a few weeks, can anyone offer some advice and what to expect? I'm joining Leicestershire Constabulary. Thanks, Tom

    tom_tom_sat_nav
  2. scouser_saundo
    Started by scouser_saundo,

    Just a quick question.. I have recently passed my assessment centre, i have received a letter inviting me to a structured interview, is this the final interview or is there one more after the fitness test? Also, what type of questions will they ask? Will it be the same kind of questions from the assessment centre (the competencies) or will it be more about the force itself and putting me in different situations and asking me what i'd do? If anyone could help me then it would be a great help. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 106 views
    scouser_saundo
  3. annette
    Started by annette,

    Hello there everyone, I've been a member of the police forum for about 4 months now. Thought I would let everyone know how my far into my application I am. History:Attended a recruitment event in November '07 Submitted my completed application in the middle of December '08 Received a letter to say my application being marked December '08 WAITING & WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN TO ARRIVE!!!!!!!!! Finally, received a letter on 5/3/08, I'VE PASSED MY COMPETENCY BASED QUESTIONS I was begining to think that I was going to be rejected, now I can relax alittle, until I receiv…

  4. ashbash82
    Started by ashbash82,

    Passed my initial interview today, bring on the final (bit worried about that) Anyone else pass yesterday??

    • 8 replies
    • 272 views
  5. annette
    Started by annette,

    When I was 7 years old myself and my 5 siblings were taken into care. Over time we were fostered or adopted into different families, so we all lost contact with each other. I'll declare this information on my vetting. All I know is my birth parents names and my siblings names, not any DOBs. My siblings have not been apart of my life for 20 years. Will the lack of this information slow down my application? What if the vetting find them and find that they have criminal records?

  6. leo
    Started by leo,

    Hi All I thought Id post this to ask if anyone sat their initial interview on 25 July like me. I felt it went extremely well and was then told that I would hear the result within 14 days. Worrying a bit now as i havent heard anything, suppose no news is good news. I hear some people get told the result on the same say as they sit the interview. A bit confused. Can anyone tell me how long I am likely to wait for news. cheers Leo

    • 1 reply
    • 104 views
  7. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    hi trying to get a copy of the 15m bleep test audio to practice. i can only seem to find the 20m one thanks

  8. CyborgXXX
    Started by CyborgXXX,

    http://www.lancashire.police.uk/index.php?id=32 Lancashire Constabulary will be recruiting for Police Constables from 27th August 2008 to 5th September 2008 and will only register enquiries for application packs during these dates. A maximum of 1500 packs will be available for issue during this short recruitment window and should the Constabulary issue the maximum number of packs before the 5Th September 2008, the recruitment window will close early. Enquiry lines will be open between 08:30 and 17:00 and application packs may be obtained by contacting the Recruitment Team on 01772 618816. Applicants will be required to undertake a short telephone interview to help u…

    • 0 replies
    • 410 views
  9. Euphrates
    Started by Euphrates,

    hi In around a years time i am going to try to join the metropolitan police I am 19 and i fee llike it is the right job for me. However when i was 14 years of age (and very stupid) i did a hoax bomb to a company in inner city london. From this i recieved a caution and a criminal record that would last (as the police at the station told me) till i was the age of 18 where my file would be deleted and the tapes from the interview destroyed. Is there any chance that this would come back to haunt me during the recruitment stage at the met?

    • 0 replies
    • 429 views
  10. Jarlak
    Started by Jarlak,

    Hello I was issued with my PNB the other day. It started to dawn on us all just how much we really have to record! It's a big step to go from nothing to noting everything you do, so I'm looking for a few tips from the guys and girls out there, using them 24/7. We were basically given the impression that these are gold and there was even mention of PSD should anything with them go wrong. E.g. Will it just become second nature to fill it out eventually? Any tips for achieving legible writing, while standing up? Thanks in advance.

    • 6 replies
    • 8.9k views
  11. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    anybody got any idea when GMP are recruiting next?

    • 1 reply
    • 289 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  12. jonathan123456789
    Started by jonathan123456789,

    has anyone else got theirs? mine came through in the post and i passed!!!!!! 69% overall, 76% RRD, oral communication 100%, written communication 89% i am over the moon, i really thought i'd failed horribly!!!

    • 41 replies
    • 503 views
    rayray1546620242
  13. GarethJ
    Started by GarethJ,

    I got a start date! 4th August 2008! I'm so happy! It's going to be a pain getting employment between next week (when I move to the area) and the 4th of August. But I don't care! I'll flip burgers if I have to. WooooHooooo Gaz

  14. gemmalwood
    Started by gemmalwood,

    Tad nervous...

  15. Sunflower3
    Started by Sunflower3 * ,

    Hello, Can anyone advise me on whether past medical problems will go against me. I have passed my A/C and in the process of completing my medical form. As a young teenager I was self harming ending up with Psyciatric Care. No problems since and that was 30 years ago. 9 years ago I went through a nasty divorce. Was prescribed anti depressants which I took two of and had a funny reaction so stopped taking them. I have not had any since. 5 years ago had sleeping tabs for about 2 weeks, not sleeping well due to issues around the divorce, kids etc. I know that I have to be absolutely honest on the form but I am so worried that this will be a fail. In the last 1 1/2 mo…

    • 2 replies
    • 138 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.