Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Louise2310
    Started by Louise2310,

    Hi, I got my Assessment results last week and the next stage is medical/fitness. Does anyone know how soon after sending back all the medical forms etc they usually get back to you with the dates? I'm booking a holiday for November but I don't want it to clash with the medical/fitness. Thanks

    MrLee1546620050
  2. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    hi on my letter saying i passed a/c etc.. it says this.. "once you have passed the medical and papersift process..." what does this mean??

    • 6 replies
    • 208 views
    k1ngy1546620134
  3. nikki21
    Started by nikki21,

    Hey guys!! sorry to be a pain in the bum and ask loads of questions on here!! I have just one more to ask! do the interviewers word the questions easily enough? e.g tell us about a time when you have taken personal responsibility for something. or do they try and confuse you and ask misleading questions? Have MET A/C 2moro YIKESSS! thanks Nikki

    • 6 replies
    • 288 views
  4. VegaUK
    Started by VegaUK,

    Hi, can anyone tell me how long Ill be waiting before I get a date through for my fitness test and how long after conformation that the actually test is! Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 76 views
  5. lynny
    Started by lynny,

    Having read several posts in here I'm some what confused about the fitness test. How long roughly does the bleep test last? Some people have mentioned having to run a mile in under 15 minutes? Is this as well as bleep test? I'm applying to Durham force if anyone has done it there?

  6. Active_71
    Started by Active_71,

    Ministry of Defence Police Officers Salaries start at c£19,000 rising to c£22,000 upon completion of probation + location allowances & generous pension scheme. Policing and protecting Britain's military bases and defence communities from the threat of terrorist and criminal gangs, takes the skills and abilities of a wide range of people. We are proud to provide such a service. We are the Ministry of Defence Police, a force of around 3,400 people from all walks of life and with varied backgrounds. If you are 18 or over and think you might have what it takes to become an Officer in Britain's only truly national police force, find out what kind of future the MDP can …

    • 2 replies
    • 359 views
  7. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    sorry if this is in the wrong place... i am tconsidering transferring my a/c result from TVP to the MDP. reason being i am so worried about not passing my security clearance with TVP (due to a very distant connection with someone whos been to prison) and the MDP have a lower level of clearance required (as i understand it?) and also say that they will consider people with convictions themselves so i am guessing that i would not then be penalised for having a distant connection with someone who has convictions unlike HO police... ok so what i need to know is : is it likely i can transfer my result? do MDP police get posted every so often like the army do or can you sta…

    • 8 replies
    • 3.6k views
  8. TumTum
    Started by TumTum,

    Hi I'm currently in process of joining the mod police and I'm worried that i might have just messed up do you need a full drivers licence to join. Recruitment know that i have not got my full licence but i told them that i was on my way to passing before September when there intake is i believe. But today I've just failed my practical test no minors just one really dubious serious. Does anyone know if i require a full licence or can i just pass my driving test later down the line. That's if i get in first. Any advice would be great

    • 2 replies
    • 365 views
  9. Silverwillow1546620257
    Started by Silverwillow1546620257,

    Hi, I've been trying to do as much preparation as possible for my upcoming assessment & interview date and I was wondering if there is much difference between the Scottish and English processes. A lot of the sources I have found discuss the English process and I don't want to fully prepare on that incase the Scots like to add in a few twists, as we do! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Co.

    • 10 replies
    • 254 views
  10. colette1546620157
    Started by colette1546620157,

    When doing the fitness test through out the probation period what levels are we supposed to attain with regards to the bleep and push pull tests? Also at what stage will we be tested, is it in the first week?. Ive also heard that there will be cross country running, is that right? Thanks, Colette.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
    jemz1546620088
  11. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi, just another call for all people, apart from myself and drj, who have passed the essex A/C and awaiting their fitness test in october.

    • 1 reply
    • 178 views
  12. coda2
    Started by coda2,

    Finding any information about the final interview is akin to finding hen's teeth unless I'm looking in the wrong area or is it that people are reticent to give out the information to the "opposition"? Any information such as duration, how many people conduct the interview and the subject areas covered by the questions would be greatly appreciated. From what Little information I have subject areas are 1)The Force - operations, headline stats, Chief Constable name etc. 2)Core competency questions. I am prepared as best as I can be but any information or comment would be greatly appreciated! Regards Mike

  13. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    do your assessment centre results just come in the normal post or by some sort of recorded delivery?

    • 31 replies
    • 725 views
  14. spamdy
    Started by spamdy,

    Please may I just vent my frustration at having applied 12 months ago and finding that I may have to wait another 10 before I start. Sorry if there are people struggling to get in and I know it may be infuriating for those who have not been accepted but if I have to spend another day in my office after being told that I'd probably be starting in March just gone then I'll explode! My frustration is at boiling point and my enthusiasm is turning into resentment. I still want to do it more than ever but I am seriously hacked off. Things have slowed down and all the empty half promises since November are getting to me! A couple of acquaintances are starting to suspect I've l…

  15. nikki21
    Started by nikki21,

    Hi guys, i just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me out for the A/C! I found it quite tough but i got through the day, just have to wait 2 weeks now :whistle2: looks like i may be traveling back up to hendon though as i left my phone there, what a complete idiot lol Nikki

    • 2 replies
    • 188 views
    jonathan123456789

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.