Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. tizwaz
    Started by tizwaz,

    Hi everyone this is my first post and rather a long one (sorry) - I hope someone will help me with a few questions I have relating to recruitement - I am a fair way into my recruitement stages as I have passed the A/C and now waiting to see the Medical Doctor and Nurse. I have a few concerns and really need someone to help me - Firstl, I have a major concern with working in an area I used to live almost all my life - I have no family there now and I dont live there anymore, but all the adults who I knew are still there and although I would have no problems with there kids - its the dads who I would have major problems with as nothing really has changed and they are still…

    • 8 replies
    • 585 views
  2. mina_galtta
    Started by mina_galtta,

    Hi all, Anyone got a letter from Northumbria inviting them to a PC recruitment open day on the 28th July? I have just remembered that on the letter, it states they are needing to recruit 300 PC's by the end of the year....!!! Thats a large number....can anyone shed any light as to why they have a need for such a large amount? I'm not complaining, as I hope to be one of them soon, but I just wonder why such a need for so many...?!!

    • 3 replies
    • 570 views
  3. mina_galtta
    Started by mina_galtta,

    Is anyone going to the Northumbria Open Day on the 28th of this month? Anyone know what the dress protocol for things like this? Want to make a good impression etc... Cheers MG

  4. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi was off with stress for 5 weeks after mistreatment at work by managers and was forced into doing heavy work whilst on light duties after an injury. dr recommended i take stress leave but was never prescribed medication just signed off.

    • 21 replies
    • 332 views
    jonathan123456789
  5. met08
    Started by met08,

    Hi all im currently going through the met recruitment process just wondered if anyone could give me some answers i have recieved a letter from the met today saying they have my application and it is being checked over any idear when i will hear if i have passed the competence questions and when the day 1 assessment will be ? any answers will help even if you think its irelivant please say what you think cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 658 views
  6. rfc
    Started by rfc,

    Hi Everyone, I know you fail the assessment centre if you get a "D" for diversity. Does anyone know what you have to do to (or not do to achieve this?) I did my asessment centre with the met on 19th July and have been getting paranoid that I may have failed because (apart from the fact that it was generally nails anyway) I missed a "minor" comment in one of the interactive excercises. The other candidates said that the actor said something relatively mild (compared to some of the other stuff). Along the lines of "young girl" or "nutter." I didn't pick this up (neither did some others on the day) and challenge it. Is this immediate failure? I know I should find out next…

    • 3 replies
    • 340 views
    Gismo1546620204
  7. dolenz87
    Started by dolenz87,

    Tomorrow morning I am finally writing up my final draft of the MET application form. Just a quick question, where it says write in block capitals, does this also count for the competency bit because its a very small gap to fit block capitals into. chris

    • 6 replies
    • 391 views
  8. mickymac67
    Started by mickymac67,

    Hi everyone , I just got a phone call from the police today to say i have my final interview in 2 to 4 weeks is there anybody else in the same boat or has anyone been through it and can give me some advice on the questions that may be asked Regards Michael Mc Fadden

    • 1 reply
    • 98 views
  9. regfromthebill
    Started by regfromthebill,

    Hi all, have passed my final interview with GMP, has anybody got any idea when vetting starts, is it now, after the fitness or medical, any ideas? Cheers.

    • 1 reply
    • 243 views
  10. rfc
    Started by rfc,

    Hi everyone, I've just received my day 2 invitation from the met. The invitation states that all candidates are subject to a hearing test. Does anyone know anything about this? Such as what it is, how long, how diificult etc? As far as I'm aware my hearing's fine, but I like to know what I'm up against just in case! Many thanks for all your help. It's greatly appreciated! rfc

    • 1 reply
    • 137 views
  11. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    hi, i am really worried about my security clearance. i have a father who has been arrested and cautioned for assault on severeal occasions and his girlfriends son is a convicted armed robber with a drug problem. not good. i actually have nothing to do with either of them and havnt done for several years but im worried this is going to mess it all up for me! will it help if i call my chosen force and explain that i hve nothing to do with them? also my credit history is a bit shocking but iv told them about my ccj and cos its cleared they said it was fine. does credit history really come into it that much if im up to date with everything now? (and have been for years) v…

  12. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    Hey, I'm just in the middle of getting myself in 'shape' incase I am lucky enough to get to the Fitness Test. At the moment, I'm not exactly 'healthy' per say, In height I'm around 6ft2 (or taller, haven't measured myself in a while nor have I weighed myself), I've been eating healthy, doing regular sit ups, trying to do push ups but I'm struggling with them; yet gradually doing 1 or 2 more a night. I've taken up swimming (went last night) going sometime again this week, am I on the right track, or am I wasting my time with what I'm doing? Sadly I'm not exactly a runner or jogger, I've always sucked at running , but apparently the bleep test is based on running Anot…

    • 1 reply
    • 120 views
    jonathan123456789
  13. phillips22
    Started by phillips22,

    Hello, I wondered if anyone can help me ?. I have great hearing in my left ear and not so good hearing in my right ear, does anyone know what the standard requirement is for the medical test. I am awaiting my assessment day date at the moment but a little worried about my ear as I would be gutted if this let me down. Cheers chris

  14. riky.p
    Started by riky.p,

    anyone attending theitr A/C today? I'm currently sitting waiting for my next task. btw i'm doing this on my phone, very bored waiting, but I do feel at home here.

    • 1 reply
    • 222 views
  15. Guest mick88
    Started by Guest mick88,

    Hi , I have my initial interview with Bedford Police on the 11th Aug and need some help!! Could anyone give any tips and advice with regards to the the interview, is it the 5 core compentences and a proposal document that will be from the Westshire pack? I only recieved a letter saying I have an initial interview and written test with no further info!!?? Any tips and advice would be great Thanks Mick

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.