Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Megan1545925583
    Started by Megan1545925583,

    Hi, I am applying to Lancashire Police when they open recruitment for PC 's in a few weeks, and have a question regarding vetting. I have lived abroad in the Czech Republic on an university exchange for just short of three months earlier this year. Lancashire says that I can still apply as long as I provide them with an itinary of what I was doing over there. So does anyone have any experience of applying after living abroad, how long did you live abroad for and how long did the vetting take as a result of this?

    • 0 replies
    • 394 views
    Megan1545925583
  2. Guest jay
    Started by Guest jay,

    Hey, I had my a/c yesterday for the psni. Really wasn't as bad as i was expecting! I think i was prepared for the worst, but it wasnt really I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing! Think i messed up one of the role plays, but apart from that it was alright. I am SO glad its over. Now for the waiting.......... Jay

    • 7 replies
    • 226 views
  3. rayray1546620242
    Started by rayray1546620242,

    Hello , A few people on this forum have mentioned that they have rung to get their results for there Assessment day. I had my MET assessment day two and a half weeks ago - and the wait is simply KILLING me - does any one what this number is? Many thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 117 views
  4. sprout_saint
    Started by sprout_saint,

    I have a mate who is thinking of applying to the police and he is nearly 40. He feels he is too old. I know technically it isn't but do many people join the police at 40+ ?

  5. lane_harry@hotmail.com
    Started by lane_harry@hotmail.com,

    Hello, Northumbria Police I have just passed the initial application and have a date for the pre assessment centre and assessment centre! PRE-ASSSESMENT - Worth Goin ON?? But reading this forum people talk about - initial interviews, SETS?, PIRTS? Fitness Tests, Medicals etc are these all included in the assessment centre? If someone could clarify the order that these segments happen and what they are this would be a great help! Sorry to be bone everyone seems to be doing different things and if that is the case then fair enough! Thanks Harry

    • 2 replies
    • 167 views
  6. nikki21
    Started by nikki21,

    Hey guys!!! i have my met A/C on the 2nd Aug on a sat , got to say im bricking it, but revising as much as possible. just a quick question, in my info pack it says i will be asked 4 questions in the interview, obviously all competencie based BUT ... will they ask additional questions such as why did you apply to this force? Tell us of any operations/projects the met are currently undergoing ... etc or will they just ask 4 comp questions?? Thanxs guys Nikki

  7. rich851546620203
    Started by rich851546620203 * ,

    Hi there, I passed my A/C for the City of London in April and am currently waiting for dates for my fitness and medical. Has anyone else done there City A/C recently or heard anything about potential fitness/medical/start dates? Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 220 views
  8. searso
    Started by searso,

    Hi all, I have my fitness / medical coming up in around 3 weeks and am starting to worry (unnecessarily i hope) about the medical element. I have read a few bits and bobs about what goes on with the force doctor and have a few questions about the flexibility element... Are the joint tests all about mobility and strength? I have clicky ankles (no pain, just noise) would they see that as a negative? Do they make you do stretches (e.g. touch your toes), and would it matter if you couldn't touch them? I blame it on being tall, but in reality i've just spent a number of years not warming up/cooling down properly for sport and have got tight hamstrings as a result! Than…

    • 7 replies
    • 238 views
    Blueboy1546620110
  9. Welshy
    Started by Welshy,

    Hi all I'm new to this forum (joined today!) and so hope I'm not covering old ground, however I've got my police assessment centre day coming up in the next week and a half and I was just hoping to clarify a couple of things: * In the written tests, is it true that a certain number of grammatical and/or spelling errors causes immediate failure? * Are there any particularly common pitfalls regarding the use of PC language and if so, to what extent is this carried (ie; is it alright to call someone a 'barmaid' as opposed to a 'barperson'? Sorry if these questions seem a bit odd, only I am getting a bit nervous now and would much rather be overprepar…

    • 2 replies
    • 354 views
  10. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    hi some of you guys n girls on here seem to know what your application form score was. I never received anything like that. I only knew id passed because I got a letter inviting me to an assessment day. Is it something I can ask for or shall I not bother seeing as iv done my assessment day now? Id be quite interested to know how my form scored just for my own knowledge really. Does every force send them as a score?

  11. Just Hector
    Started by Just Hector,

    Hi, Are there any members who have rejoined after resigning? I am aware that rejoining officers if less than 4 years away from the service will have their previous service recognised and be allowed to rejoin on the previous pay scale. Is the a national agreement or do some Forces have their own policy towards those wishing to re join their Force. I have tried to get some sort of written reply to this from the Home Office, the Force I'm interested in and the Federation. I have as yet been unsuccessful. Can ayone assist? Thanks in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 479 views
  12. .nath
    Started by .nath * ,

    Hi, I'm about apply to the Police in my local force and wondered if anyone could help me out. I've never had a criminal record or bad financial record and neither have my parents. I live with my partner who I've been with for 18 months now and we live together. He has had a criminal record before in the past including drink driving and drunk and disorderly etc., but never since we've been together. What do you think the chances of passing the vetting

    • 2 replies
    • 474 views
    Times_champion
  13. emmery
    Started by emmery * ,

    Hello all Long time reader first time poster.. I am due to start training on the 15th of September with WMP. I was just wondering if you got any travel expenses during your training. I live about 20 miles from my training centre and will be spending a lot on petrol so will i be able to claim any of this back through the police or tax man??? Regards Emmery

    • 3 replies
    • 700 views
    sykes1545925530
  14. mikey85
    Started by mikey85 * ,

    Hi all i wanted to join the police straight after A levels but was persauded to go to university and do a degree to give myself 'more options'...i think it was more like my teachers and parents hoped i would change my mind haha I am going into my final year of university expecting a 1st.....as the application process is soo lengthy when should i look at applying? If i wait until i have actually completed my degree i will be left hanging for a long while wont i? Thanks in advance for your help! Mike

    • 15 replies
    • 1.2k views
    colette1546620157
  15. playuk
    Started by playuk,

    Hey, just wondering if theres any kent applicants here at the mo! and at what stage your at

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.