Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. MT76
    Started by MT76,

    Hi, a while ago somebody puts some really useful questions on here a whole list of them - can anybody remember where that is? Also, can anybody recommend a hotel/B&B for me to stay in near Hendon - the thought that I have to be there at 8am and might miss it freaks me out more than the day itself! Thanks :smiley_notworthy:

    • 1 reply
    • 229 views
  2. nikki21
    Started by nikki21,

    Hey guys!!! i have my met A/C on the 2nd Aug on a sat , got to say im bricking it, but revising as much as possible. just a quick question, in my info pack it says i will be asked 4 questions in the interview, obviously all competencie based BUT ... will they ask additional questions such as why did you apply to this force? Tell us of any operations/projects the met are currently undergoing ... etc or will they just ask 4 comp questions?? Thanxs guys Nikki

    • 2 replies
    • 114 views
  3. Guest CATSANDTREES
    Started by Guest CATSANDTREES,

    Over the course of the last 3 years I have had quite a bit of time of work. I worked in a call centre and was on the phones all day which resulted in me having a lot of odd days off with sore throats. I have also had a few colds and the flew etc. Overall I have had a total of 38 days sick , on 18 separate occasions. Some are for 1, 2 and 3 days and then a week here or there. I have passed the papersift and A/c and have my final interview next week. I would like to know if you think this may fail me once I have passed the Final interview. Also, although I have the exact dates I was off I cannot recall why I was off for each exact date. Should I guess? Thanks

    • 13 replies
    • 651 views
  4. Ritchie28
    Started by Ritchie28,

    I was soooo nervous I could barely even write my hands were shaking so much - I hate exams! Anyway, we got our results last night straight after and here's my marks: Language: 36/40 Numbers: 16/20 Information Handling: 21/24 I am soooooo happy that part is all over! Advice for thos sitting similar exams, the Information Handling is a ######, you are completely rushed and have very little time!

    • 5 replies
    • 221 views
  5. nora1546620255
    Started by nora1546620255 * ,

    Hello all, Had my day one today. Went OK. I couldn't bring some of the role-plays to a close, but I challenged any offensive language or terms that were used, as well as doing so in the written exercises. However, I mistakenly referred to "two young woman" as "two young girls" in one of the role plays. Does anybody have any opinion as to how serious a mistake this could be? Obviously it was purely a factual error on my part, but I can't help feeling that it could be interpreted as a potentially offensive term. Also, I understand that one cannot get any individual marks lower than a D in race and diversity, whilst having to maintain an average of 60 overall. Does anybod…

    • 1 reply
    • 194 views
  6. angus439
    Started by angus439,

    I have recently transferred from the MDP during my probation of which I have completed 20 months. Im scots law trained and so I have to complete another recruits course which I think is fair, but I have been told that I may need to complete another 2 years probation and also start a new SOLAP folder, and all the work I have completed on my PDP has amounted to nothing! This seems a little unfair to me as I have been moved on a transfer package with my wages carried over and also pension, but to start another 2 years probation when I had already done 20 months is really putting me off moving. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I would appreciate anyones opinion. Tha…

    • 21 replies
    • 9k views
  7. ayup1
    Started by ayup1,

    I had my medical last week and passed with flying colours apart from my blood pressure. I work in a gym with access to a blood pressure monitor and take it regulary, with readings of below 120/80 each time, obviously the white coat syndrome has got me!! They said they would sign me off as soon as i got 3 normal readings from my gp. I went today again being anxious my readings were high. I managed to get 1 good reading and my gp said he would explain that he feels I do have good bp normally and he has no concerns. Does anyone know how strict they are on this? Will 1 good reading and an explanation from my gp be enough? Can't believe this is the only thing throughout the …

    • 10 replies
    • 339 views
    Blueboy1546620110
  8. silkyd
    Started by silkyd,

    Hi all, well it's just around the corner... next week 3rd June and am I prepared? Not as much as I'd like to be, but then I'm a perfectionist so I never will be anyway! My head is absolutely fizzed with all the information bouncing off the walls. I'm not confident with the written reports at all. Any last minute pointers regarding the proposals would be muchly appreciated. Thanks. Silkyd

  9. Mosey82

    Hi i've drafted up some answers for my competency questions and wondered if anyone who has passed the application process would mind me e-mailing mine to them so they can take a look. Thank you in advance. Ian

    • 1 reply
    • 268 views
  10. alexander68060
    Started by alexander68060,

    anyone here who did a medical and fitness on 12th May (Hendon, Met), please let me know if you've heard anything... Thanks Alex

    • 17 replies
    • 365 views
  11. Gavin!
    Started by Gavin!,

    Im starting HIIT training today after several reccomendations. Anywho, I was just wondering if anybody from this site has done it or is doing it now and if they have actualy seen good results first hand? Thanks all reason for edit: spelling!

  12. ab1982
    Started by ab1982,

    Got my first "Knowledge Check" tomorrow. In week 10 of IPLDP and have learnt loads and loads so far, so im doing a little last minute revision. Fingers crossed i'll be ok, Good luck to anyone else who has one!

    • 9 replies
    • 2.8k views
  13. Mikkyo
    Started by Mikkyo,

    the 4th of August, Anyone else get a date for then?

  14. just trying
    Started by just trying,

    i need some advice, i applied for the police force as constable last year and have just had my a/c which i passed, have passed all stages now and am at the vetting stage. Some 21years ago approx i think i recieved a caution or even a bind over for a year ( am not entirly sure),this was handed to me by a jugde for having a bat in the car with some other friends of which i have not seen for about 15years now, but i recollect my solictor saying that i wont have a conviction or record and also was asked by the police if i wanted the bat back after the case, i work in public services and have had an enhanced CRB check done and nothing shows up, also i didnt put down on the ap…

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. lauraelliott
    Started by lauraelliott,

    Anyone going to the MET a/c next tuesday??

    • 16 replies
    • 295 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.