Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. xylene8
    Started by xylene8,

    Finally I have a provisional start date for Oct, after completing the fitness this week. When does this provisional date become permanent? when can i hand my notice in?

  2. Sonicgod1546620245
    Started by Sonicgod1546620245,

    Hi there, got my met a/c on the 6th. Anyone got an example of the written test? Or advice? thanks.

  3. scottyk
    Started by scottyk,

    Well.....2morro morning is my last chance to sit and pass the numbers test! I failed the first time by 1 and a half marks...then failed a 2nd time by just half a mark! Its so depressing! Any1 got any last minute advice? Any1 else take more than 1 attempt at it? Cheers

    • 6 replies
    • 217 views
  4. neeg456
    Started by neeg456,

    I phoned up my GP Surgary today to ask about how i get my doctor to fill in the 4 yes or no questions at the back of my medical - i was told it would cost £150!!! i think this is shocking all i want to do is check MY OWN medical records for what jabs ive had and then he just has to tck yes or no to 4 questions and sign. has this happened to anyone else - i think it really takes the mic as they earn like £90,000 a year and just give you pain killers and send you to hospital!! :furious3:

  5. drummond
    Started by drummond,

    Going to whsmith today anyone recomend books to help with application and interview process thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 499 views
  6. thomasp
    Started by thomasp,

    Anyone else going to the a/c on 17th July?? Thom

  7. Migrator
    Started by Migrator,

    Does anyone know what continuous service is in terms of transferring, i.e do you have to have literally continuous service or could you resign from one force, have a couple of weeks holiday and join another as a transferee. People tell me different things, I wonder if anyone has done it. If its only a pension thing, I dont think it will matter too much!

    • 10 replies
    • 1.7k views
  8. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    Would be grateful for any advice. I'm trying to do a bit each night but I'm not really sure where to start. The maths tests and verbal reasoning are easy to prepare for...it's the rest i'm struggling with.

    • 4 replies
    • 158 views
    andy178981546620138
  9. RocketDive98
    Started by RocketDive98,

    Hey all, Heres the situation - I received a form for declaration of sickness in the post along with a few other forms after requesting a change of circumstance form. Now 3 years ago I was wrongly diagnosed with a certain condition and as such I didn't receive the correct medication or treatment which obviously resulted in quite a multitude of days of sixth form. Now I'm not worrying that it will effect my application as the people in recruitment I've spoken to told me since it was something I was unable to control (ie not receiving correct medication etc) that it wouldn't be held against me. However, I have no idea exactly 'how much' I was off or any idea of the dates…

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
    andy178981546620138
  10. playuk
    Started by playuk,

    yay, after checking the post box everyday since march the next step has arrived..the briefing! thinking bout getting the intopolice book, any1 reccommend it? how much is it?

    • 2 replies
    • 392 views
    andy178981546620138
  11. efrost
    Started by efrost,

    Hi everyone, I'm currently waiting for vetting to clear for the Met and just got to thinking about the whole drawn-out process. Does anyone know what ballpark percentages are for people failing at each stage? I remember reading somewhere that around 20% make it through assessment centre their first time. Does anyone know what the general percentage is for passing paper sift? Medical? Security checks? :whistle2:

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
    andy178981546620138
  12. jls
    Started by jls,

    Can anyone tell me about the cnc assesment, what it involves, is it like other police forces in the uk or do they have there own one?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
    andy178981546620138
  13. tall_paul
    Started by tall_paul,

    Hello Does anyone know if having a MySpace page or the equivalent will result in checks being made on the account to try and find any dodgy pictures/groups/comments etc? Is this legal even? I have a few funny pictures during nights out on the beers and at festivals but none that I consider to be in any way contentious or likely to result in the terminantion of an application. Has anyone had any experience of this? Its a funny one but was reading in the paper about employers starting to do these types of checks etc....

    • 7 replies
    • 944 views
    andy178981546620138
  14. Adsrhodes
    Started by Adsrhodes,

    Hi, I am in the process of applying for GMP, passed the A/C and interviews, and was due to have my fitness test on Tuesday. This morning I got a call from the recruitment people saying my background checks had been rejected, but they could not tell me why. I cannot think of anything that would lead me to fail it, assuming that the background checks consist of current references and the security check. As I see it, I have never been arrested, have had a few points on my licence, all declared and all but that last three dropped off (they will drop off in August), have a good credit rating (I checked with Experian, and it came up as 999/1000 - excellent), my family are all…

    andy178981546620138
  15. ab1982
    Started by ab1982,

    Was showed this video last week on my IPLDP course showing the importance of searching thoroughly. Link is below - Incident is 3mins in. CLICKY HERE I actually met the officer who was conducting the search the other night at the force social club. Was really interesting to hear what he said about the incident. He openly admitted it was a crap search, but said that as he's allowed it to be shown in training it could save a lot of lives.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.