Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. VegaUK
    Started by VegaUK,

    Hi, I was wondering if GMP take into account your residental location when deciding which division to place you in i.e. would they place you in a division closer to where you live. Thanks!

    • 2 replies
    • 410 views
    Times_champion
  2. Kenpo

    Hello fellow forumers (??) I'm starting with GMP 04/08/08 after initially being told it would be October - so now I only have 3 weeks to wait! I havent got my info pack through as yet and I was wondering if anyone has? I have been reading that the old residential training is now defunct so, as I live in Sheffield and will be moving to Manchester, I am a little concerned that I need to find somewhere to live etc. Does anyone know the format of the training - when & where it is etc? Does anyone know if GMP will help me find somewhere to live? Some of my friends are in the Police but all went through the old system so I am relying on the on-line community! All advi…

    • 1 reply
    • 368 views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  3. AmoUsher
    Started by AmoUsher,

    Hi, does anybody have any idea of the pass or fail rate for the Final Interview Board. I've got mine next Monday and I'm really starting to worry about it.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  4. Ritchie28
    Started by Ritchie28,

    1st August! Wow everything is happening so quickly now! I have a 5 minute presentation to give on a topic they have given me, so got research to do now!

    • 1 reply
    • 162 views
    boxman801546620126
  5. Timbo797
    Started by Timbo797,

    Hi guys, I know this has been asked before (as I asked it! lol), but just welcomed any advice on making my choice of borough for the met. I'm on the 8th Sept intake and apparently all boroughs are available, and i am looking at Richmond, Kingston or Wandsworth. I live local to Richmond/Kingston and would be good for me in that sense and also the training centre is nice and close. If I went to Wandsworth, I know its a busy borough, more experiences, etc, however a lot further to travel for the training centre. Does anyone have any experience of these boroughs? I'm finding this decision very hard! lol Your thoughts are welcome :smiley_notworthy: Many thanks, Tim

    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. Del1964
    Started by Del1964,

    Hello I have a copy of 'How to pass the new police selection system' by Tolley et al. Revised 2nd edition. I used it prior to my assessment centre on the 17th May and it worked for me! If anyone would like it then send me an e-mail - first come, first served - the only condition is that when you have used it pass it on to help someone else to achieve their goal. Cheers for now Del

    • 8 replies
    • 354 views
  7. gillian.e
    Started by gillian.e,

    Hi Peeps I passed my final fitness yesterday and have had my start date for Tulliallan for 22nd July. I am so excited, can't wait. Is anyone is starting on this date? Gillian

    • 5 replies
    • 203 views
  8. DMCN
    Started by DMCN,

    I'm super confused and hoping some of you guys can sort this one out.. My application for the specials has came to a bit of a halt, I wasn't told that the vetting was the problem, but it was at that stage. I recieved a letter telling me that after a lenthy thought out process they could not offer me an appointment. I asked recruitment where it went wrong and she had no answers for me. Thinking back into the day if everything ever went wrong, I can only remember once ever coming into contact with the police and it was for the following I was took to the station when I was 16 - I think he said breach of the peace. Once told off they let me go and I got a letter from the …

  9. canibacopperpls
    Started by canibacopperpls,

    I am just wondering if any of you old hands or knowledgeable ones can help me...I am currently being vetted and I am wondering ..do they do all your vetting in one lump or spread out over your entire application? I am asking this as I have had my uniform fitting before having my vetting results back which some have said is unusual hmm??So basically do they do all the vetting at once or some earlier in the application. Any advice would be brilliant and i would bow down to your superior knowledge !

    canibacopperpls
  10. Life on Mars1546620180
    Started by Life on Mars1546620180,

    Got my letter through today for my fitness test at the end of july. Great stuff.

    • 11 replies
    • 244 views
    chrisglover41
  11. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Hello. I was just wondering if there was anybody out there who has applied to join Norfolk. I have! I handed in my application form on the 21st May and I recieved a letter on the 12th June saying that my application had been recieved and that it would be marked. I was just wondering where other people are in the recruitment process. Hope to here from you Matthew

    • 2 replies
    • 382 views
  12. paul_btp_2008
    Started by paul_btp_2008,

    Hi So after just over 2 years wait, finally have a date for the Assessment Centre next week. Looking through this forum, I have noticed people talking about studying the pack that gets sent to you before you attend the Assessment Centre. All I got was a letter confirming my date/time. No info pack! Is this correct? I am applying for British Transport Police. Would try and call them to find out but anyone who has tried to call their recruitment dept. before will tell you it is like banging your head against a brick wall!!!

    • 9 replies
    • 199 views
    paul_btp_2008
  13. jimbo_2008
    Started by jimbo_2008,

    Hi has anyone on here recently had their final vetting done and given any idea of a start date, cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 416 views
  14. chana
    Started by chana * ,

    hiya I passed the selection late august 07 and have been waiting for a start date since then although havent heard anything just wondering if any1 has heard from them re start date (areas 1@ 2 pref, banstead, oxted dorking bits) its getting sooooo frustrating!!!!!!

    • 1 reply
    • 455 views
  15. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I applied in December to GMP and cant remember what info I had to put on about my wife, but she wasnt working but the other day she had an interview and starts mid august. Should I call recruitment and let them know?

    • 6 replies
    • 559 views
    Times_champion

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.