Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Hi all, Soon to commence my training and after being my own boss for a few years i am getting a bit worried!! Now i am the sort of guy that does what he is told and keeps his head down and gets on with things so part of me is thinking that i shouldnt be worried, but is it possible to go through training without getting screamed at for something trivial or is it something you have to expect? I am imaging training to be somewhat like the army with regards to kit inspections and things , is this the case or am i just suffering from pre match nerves so to speak!! Any advice / experiences gratefully received!

  2. luke4387
    Started by luke4387,

    This may seem really trivial but what is the force requirements on weight and height? Does it vary force to force? I know the police do not discriminate etc etc bt just wanted to know if there was a minimum height requirement and maximum weight requirement? Im 5'10'' and weigh 12st 13lbs. Apparantly on my gym height to weight ratio scales im 5lbs overweight. Would this matter? Or am I being petty? Any responses given are appreciated! Luke

    • 2 replies
    • 683 views
  3. kumiko
    Started by kumiko,

    has anyone got a good cardio workout which wont aggravate a swollen achilles tendon? Been told at the gym to avoid running, cross trainer, stepper etc. but need to keep my fitness up to scratch.

    • 10 replies
    • 1k views
  4. Russmizon
    Started by Russmizon,

    i can't believe it !! Second day of training 1st Physical session, I Dislocated my bloody knee !!! D'oh The trining college is being really good about it, but still not seen OH yet, fingers crossed everthing will work out, hospital says there's not ligament damage!!

    • 2 replies
    • 758 views
  5. shalbert
    Started by shalbert,

    Hi folks, after waiting a year from application stage I finally did my a/c on 3/6. Just interested to hear from anyone else who attended last week and if you've heard anything? I'm on tenterhooks here!!

    • 41 replies
    • 531 views
  6. crinklybottom
    Started by crinklybottom,

    Having read my instruction leaflet I am still unsure as to how to change the TG. Any reminders/help would be appreciated.

    crinklybottom
  7. NeilW
    Started by NeilW,

    Did anyone read the newspapers today and yesterday, there is alot of talk of the police having to cut back on recruitment due to the rising costs in fuel. It does not sound good

    • 6 replies
    • 809 views
  8. Ritchie28
    Started by Ritchie28,

    I found this article, and although its for US Police Officers, its has some useful information that might be useful for the recruitment stages and beyond. How to think like a police officer Hmmm link doesnt work Google "How to think like a police officer", it'll take you right to it.

    • 2 replies
    • 906 views
  9. mickymac67
    Started by mickymac67,

    Hi everyone, I currently in the process of applying for the strathclyde police, I have done my entrance exam,initial fitness,initial interview and home interview and have ben succesful in all i am just waiting on my backround checks to be completed my issue is i am waiing on my medical i have a tattoo on my forearm which reads celtic it is pretty hard to work out but is there all the same.I am wondering weather i should get it covered over as it may cause offence ..WHAT DO YOU THINK...

    • 3 replies
    • 725 views
  10. gmpal
    Started by gmpal,

    Going for my uniform fitting for GMP on 16th July. Anyone got an up to date list of the gear your given?

    • 2 replies
    • 992 views
    george76271546620128
  11. jimnicebutdim
    Started by jimnicebutdim,

    Hi folks, Just wanted some advice on the policy towards applicants who have family with special needs. I'm currently serving RAF, and the mob do try and help anyway they can with time-off for appointments, welfare support, access to medical treatment etc. However i'm concerned that when I leave this blue uniform and apply to put on another one I may have difficulty supporting my wife and kids in the way the military has allowed me. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind working my butt off when required (several trips to different sand-pits all over the world are testamant to that), and will never, if possible, walk away from proper work. However I need to know if it is a ca…

    • 1 reply
    • 289 views
  12. sharpergriffin
    Started by sharpergriffin,

    Hi all, Ive applied for west midlands police and got through the application fine, so I guess im waiting for assessment centre date to come through. I had the results of my application about 8 weeks ago, but im still waiting for assessment date. Anybody know how long it takes to come through? Thanks in advance.

    • 5 replies
    • 154 views
  13. kumiko
    Started by kumiko,

    Hi peeps, anyone know how long it takes for the final 'yes' once GMP have your references returned from current employer? They told me my file goes to another manager for a last 'once over'.

    • 12 replies
    • 1k views
  14. slad3y
    Started by slad3y,

    Morning folks, I received confirmation that I had passed the day 1 assessment on Friday (20th June) and that my Fitness and Medical will be on Tuesday 1st July. On the letter it said that I needed to bring my medical questionnaire with me on the day, completed by my GP. As soon as I received the letter I tried to book an appointment with my GP, but he could only fit me in this Friday, late aftenoon. My problem is that on the phone the receptionist said that my Doctor would probably need to take a few days to go over the questionnaire! Has anyone here already had their one completed by their GP? If so how long did it take, what do they need to check? I haven't got a…

    • 4 replies
    • 190 views
  15. yothereyo
    Started by yothereyo +,

    hey everyone, I have question about those course's you can go on (i.e. in2police) and what can you ecpect from them, are they any good and has anyone from here been on one. thanks.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.