Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. billy0090
    Started by billy0090 * ,

    hello id like some feedback on this issue, i have my initial meeting booked to get the aplication form but i am concerned about the fact i cant see any of the reading bord ( the one on your eye test) without wearing contact lenses and i have perfect vision with lenses. i can understand why theres an unaided standerd for people with glases because they can be knocked off, but for people with contact lenses it should be diffrent? is there any chance of me getting in with my standerd of unaided vision if i wear lenses? thanks for reading Billy

    • 15 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. gmpal
    Started by gmpal,

    First off, anyone going to induction on the 16th July at Hough end? Second, what should I wear to go. I wouldn't want to turn up in a suit and look a twit or similarly turn up looking like a football fan and feel even more of a twit. Suggestions grateful.

    • 1 reply
    • 508 views
  3. mike pitt
    Started by mike pitt,

    Hi Guys I'm applying for Northumbria in a few months when I return home from a year away travelling. When I apply i'll still be living at home with my parents. I've never moved out of home except for this year travelling. Do you think this will be a problem for my application? Also, I'm 23. I'm worried that my application won't prove the necessary 'life experience'. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

    • 10 replies
    • 995 views
  4. AmoUsher
    Started by AmoUsher,

    I've got my A/C for Leicestershire on the 10th June. Anybody in the same boat? Anybody attend the pre-A/C workshop today in Leicestershire? I thought it was really good, very informative! I was the guy who asked if I could go to the toilet lol.. embarrassing maybe, but I had to go! If you've got to go, you've got to go!

    • 8 replies
    • 189 views
  5. localplod
    Started by localplod * ,

    Hi all, I'm a newbie to the site although I've read with interest some of the threads over the past few months - so first off - Hello! I'm kicking off with a bit of a sob story - basically I'm in one of the northern provincial forces with 4yrs in and going through a break up of a long term relationship. I know it happens but feel like I need a new start and a new challenge. I have umm'd and ahh'd over going to the Met for a couple of years now but I think my current circumstances justify the push I need. I'm a response driver with a blues ticket, level 1 public order and Forward intelligence team trained. I'm now seriously thinking of transferring to the Met and…

    • 1 reply
    • 948 views
  6. g_gallacher_1
    Started by g_gallacher_1,

    Dear All Could anybody tell me when you find out if you have passed the inital interview after sitting it? Initial Interview 4th July 08 Many Thanks G

    • 2 replies
    • 550 views
    g_gallacher_1
  7. chocaholic
    Started by chocaholic,

    My boyfriend has his on the 15th and I'm hoping it will finish early enough so that we can head down to Cornwall to see my family after it. He is doing his fitness first and has to go there at 10.30am. Does anyone know roughly what time it will finish?

  8. kintama
    Started by kintama,

    Just wondering if age is likely to be a factor in the recruitment process, I’m 34, is that over the hill for a recruit?

  9. Kane
    Started by Kane,

    I have heard LOADS of you saying a big part of the selection process is based on the amount of 'life experience' you have! When i finish uni im going to apply to the police force, however when i apply i will only be 21 and would have been in education all that time. So i was thinking of way to meeting a variety of different people and gain some life experience. I have come up with two ideas: start up refereeing football again which i quit when i went to uni and some volunteer work with children and old people, Do you think im doing the right thing?

    • 1 reply
    • 736 views
  10. hotel14
    Started by hotel14,

    Hi all, after many months of preparation I was about to send in my application to GMP feeling ready and confident. Earlier this year I suffered a cruciate ligament (ACL) injury to my left knee whilst playing football. I was off work for 7 weeks and after having an MRI scan it’s confirmed I need an operation to put this right. I have also shattered some bone from the knee cap. I’m still waiting for a date for my operation, however I have an appointment in August to assess the damage and my progress. I’m told I should then get placed on the list for an op which usually takes about 4 months. This will be December/January which will be a year sine my injury. After the…

    • 2 replies
    • 271 views
  11. Kazuk20
    Started by Kazuk20 * ,

    Just signed up today, hello all! So I have a few bad points, in the eyes of some anyway. I have fairly long hair (it hides the large head!). I also have a fairly poor education, purely through a lack of not caring... (Thank God I got over that phase). But I do have good points! Never been in trouble. Clean driving record. No tattoos. Is anything I can do to 'boost' my application?

    • 5 replies
    • 585 views
  12. TheOptimist
    Started by TheOptimist * ,

    After much thought I am about to apply to join the force. I have what I will call an interesting past. Nothing too serious, but obviously relevant, and all alcohol related. I am quite happy to disclose 'the skeletons in my closet'. I feel it just took me a little longer than most to cope with the change from an immature child into an adult. 15 years plus have passed and I am a totally different person. I am confident lessons learned then and experiences since would be an asset. Is each application treated on its own merits? or is my past likely to prevent me getting past the first stage of selection? Thanks in advance.

    • 4 replies
    • 453 views
    TheOptimist *
  13. rayray1546620242
    Started by rayray1546620242,

    Hello, I have my assessment day with the MET in a week, and I am pretty sure I understand it all apart from two main things - I was wondering if anyone could please help me. 1) The written exercise/ proposal document. I am aware it is in the Westshire sheet, but I have not seen any examples - good or bad how these are to be answered. Will we have to do this twice? ("both written exercises will last for 20 minutes each") 2)How will the other core compentices be tested? (apart from the four used in the interview?) I am also dyslexic ( i have an educational psychologist certificate to support this) but the police don't know this. Do you think I should mention it to th…

    • 1 reply
    • 222 views
  14. DRED
    Started by DRED,

    hi i am going to a met police open day next weekend. i have a few concerns,one is i have tattoo,s which are quite large but not offencive. also when i was 17(i am now 36)i was a naughty boy..which i was fined for....how long would this conviction stay with me? how could i get background check on myself? cheers

  15. learcakes
    Started by learcakes * ,

    just completed the end of my 2rd week with northumbria and ive got to say im loving every minute of it...im kind of wishing the weekends away so i can go back to training school on mondays! was a little bit worried at first that i just would never find the bottle to put my hand up n say stuff but everyone is a bit more relaxed with eachother now and become good friends really quickly..........roll on monday mornin!

    • 1 reply
    • 761 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.