Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    I have got it, two days before i go on holiday! Shame i don't think i can collect my uniform before i go away, oh well, as soon as i get back. Have more forms to fill, done them, sent off my acceptance for the seminar and taking me Dad with me, see you there everyone. Contacted my insurance and added business use, no extra charge! Sending all the forms tomorrow and sending my insurance proof (with added business use) when it arrives, ok well my Mum is, i'll be on a beach getting a tan! Spoke to recruitment, they said this is fine, just put a note in with the other forms saying it will arrive asap. That means 7 days! Or contact them to let them know. Can't wait. holida…

    • 24 replies
    • 2.7k views
    david_kingscott
  2. playuk
    Started by playuk,

    Hi just wondering how they set up the role play?.. Is it done in front of the rest of the applicants theatre style? or is it done in a room with just the actor and marker? how is the day usually set out?

    • 2 replies
    • 177 views
  3. scottyb0102
    Started by scottyb0102,

    Hi everyone, Am new to this but have read some tips and advice on this and found them very usefull.I believe people should share stuff like this as we are all heading for the goal in our lives. I have my date for the 16th Aug for Merseyside. Anyone Else? . Ive been doing my revision for the last 12mths as this is my 3rd application form which got through. Just a bit confused as to writing thr PROPOSAL. Havent done one before and their must be so manyyyy ways of writing on and the layout as well. Any Tips as to one which will succeed. Thanks :smiley_notworthy:

    • 6 replies
    • 219 views
  4. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Has anyone heard of this and if so do you know if it is a different cd used to the one that you do the running to? Rumour is we have to do it soon and i have never heard of it before. Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 168 views
  5. copper136
    Started by copper136,

    Hi, I'm wondering if anyone out there can give me some advice. I've sent my papers into the Met to transfer and am waiting for an assessment date. On the Met Careers site it mentions having to do a compentcey based interview. I was wondering if anyone has done the interview and can tell what it was like, if it was police officers or civy HR people interviewing you and what sort of questions they ask etc... I should imagine it will be the standard why do you want to join the Met, what are the Met values, etc... But it would be nice to know if they throw any curve balls in there. Any help and advice would be great. Cheers

    • 17 replies
    • 5k views
  6. robstock1546620155
    Started by robstock1546620155,

    Hi, I'm slightly worried about the eyesight part of the medical. I have -1.00 in both eyes and I wear contacts. What is the eyetest like at GMP? do they use a small chart using the full 6mtr distance? or is it more a relaxed test?

    • 2 replies
    • 374 views
    robstock1546620155
  7. ILYA111002
    Started by ILYA111002,

    Hey guys. Just generally wanted to ask if anyone has had problems getting the weight up to the required weight. I'm struggling a LOT, I was given the job of a PCSO with TVP but turnt down a couple of weeks later because I could not gain the weight. I'm now desperately aiming to be a police officer but cannot increase my weight no matter what. Have tried everything. Anyone else have this problem at all?

  8. rayray1546620242
    Started by rayray1546620242,

    Hi all, just wondered if anyone knew when our form had it be handed in, regarding if you had had any experiences with people who had been under represented in terms of gender etc. I THINK this is only for people who are going through the MET. I have my assessment day on tues 15th - and was wondering if anyone knew it was OK to give it then? I haven't got any experience to answer most of these questions, does any know if it is OK to leave this area blank/ put NA? Sorry for the long message, but any help is more than appreciated!

    • 4 replies
    • 157 views
    rayray1546620242
  9. tall_paul
    Started by tall_paul,

    Hi guys and gals, I found the below link from moneysavingexert.com which allows you to check you enitre credit history from all residential addresses over the last 6 years for just £2 each! Thought it may be of use to anyone who, like me, is in their infancy of Vetting with any force and particularly as it appears many people have their applications rejcted durign the final vetting phase for what can only be described as spurrious reasons. I sent £2 to each agency listed and recieved one back from Call Credit on Friday! It was a comprehensive check across every address I have lived in since leaving home to go to uni. I dont have any issues but I just thought for a fe…

    • 1 reply
    • 424 views
    Gismo1546620204
  10. robstock1546620155
    Started by robstock1546620155,

    I passed my FIB with GMP today and would like to thank everybody in this forum who have been a massive help in my preperation for the AC and FIB with their posts etc. Fingers crossed for the fitness and vetting now!

    • 22 replies
    • 341 views
    Times_champion
  11. sussex_cop
    Started by sussex_cop,

    I had my fitness test in May and passed, they said Medical would be in July so I thought OK thats fine. A month later I still didn't have my medical date. I called recruitment and they said it will be in August. Well I wasn't to happy about it, but I thought well it's only a few weeks. Today they called and said my medical will be in October. What!!!!

    • 7 replies
    • 279 views
  12. charlotte84
    Started by charlotte84,

    Anyone else just done their fitness test & waiting to hear from Glos? I'm guessing it'll be another month then official job offer.. :) Fingers crossed!!

    • 50 replies
    • 5.1k views
  13. sportschick
    Started by sportschick,

    Heyy.... Something is bugging me, I've been a podgy girly all my life although I am reasonalbly fit; my PB on the bleep test is 9.6. I want to know whether my BMI, as it is over 30, will affect me getting through selection?? Can anyone help??? xxx

  14. ayup1
    Started by ayup1,

    I've got my medical for Derbyshire a week on Friday. Does anyone know what they do. Do they re-test your eyes? I only had mine done at the opticians a few weeks ago because they provided a form to do so.

    • 2 replies
    • 124 views
  15. jones865
    Started by jones865 * ,

    Hi, has anyone had first hand experience with regard to their tattoos during the application stage? I have read the other tattoo questions and comments but am unsure on two points.. I have about 15 tats across my upper back, upper arms and chest, I also have 3 names on my forearms and a small band on my wrist, all are coverable but will the number of tats effect my chances? Do you have to send photos of all tattoos or just the visible ones ie those on my wrists and forearms? I'm hoping to join the Met when I leave the RMP early next year and this is a real concern for me. None of my tattoos are offensive etc mostly tribal Thanks, Lee

    • 5 replies
    • 664 views
    Dazz1546620231

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.