Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. MrLee1546620050
    Started by MrLee1546620050,

    I just wondered once you have completed the AC, fitness medical etc is there some kind of ceremony or parade to confirm you as an officer? Some kind of event where your family can attend? If so when does this usually take place? Thank you.

    • 9 replies
    • 3.8k views
  2. j_links
    Started by j_links,

    can any1 tell me what the eyesight standards are for strathclyde? Cheers

    Forensiceric
  3. leo
    Started by leo,

    Hi Folks This is my first posting to the site. Looks very interesting with loads of valuable information. I sat my set and initial fitness on the 9th June and passed. Now to sit my initial interview on 25th July. Has anyone got any tips on questions they might ask and how long I am expected to be there for. Any help would be great Thanks Sandra

    • 1 reply
    • 350 views
  4. ILW
    Started by ILW,

    Hi all, Quick question about Avon and Somerset assesstation (is that what it is called). Is this when you actually become a police office, for lack of a better description. In avon and somerset when during the trainig is this usually held and is it a proper ceremony with family invited. The reason I ask is that my mother has spoken to other parents from different forces who went to see their son go through a little ceremony and has got it into her head that she would like to come to mine. Seeing that she has waited every day of the last three and a half years with me for me to get in I thought it only fair that i ask if this was the case, and seeing that she is going o…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.1k views
    mrstinchcombe
  5. dewey1412
    Started by dewey1412 * ,

    hi everyone. bin lookin through the posts and have started panickng a little now!! jus got bak off holiday and found out I have my final interview for lancs on wednesday 2nd July!!! Bin seein every1 talkin about "preppin" and everything but don't av a clue what 2 do!! Please help, need advice!! my interview's only 5 days away!!! thank you

    • 3 replies
    • 261 views
  6. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi, just wondering who also has a physical test on october 18th at 10am? if so, how are you feeling about it? are you training for it or confident you can pass? also do you know when our medicals will be? and heard of any intake dates? exciting stuff! lol matt

    • 3 replies
    • 82 views
  7. miss_chaz
    Started by miss_chaz,

    Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone on here is going to their assessment centre the same day as me? Tuesday 1st July at 13:20. Would be cool to say hello and show each other some support! Feel free to contact me/reply if you are, I could do with somebody else as nervous as me to chat to! Also to all those I met at the assessment centre workshop last weekend, you've all got your assessment centre on different days but if any of you are reading GOOD LUCK :-) Also to everyone else with theirs coming up, fingers crossed...

  8. rayofsunshine
    Started by rayofsunshine,

    Hi Can anyone tell me how long the training takes now? Also, Iv heard you have to go to university, or is this you just attend a uni for the training? Im currently doing an OU degree, but this wont affect anything will it? Im applying to Suffolk if this is any help. amy

    • 16 replies
    • 1.8k views
    Life on Mars1546620180
  9. james78
    Started by james78,

    Hi everyone Does anyone know what sort of questions recruitment ask your previous employers? Many thanks

    • 10 replies
    • 954 views
  10. Avvy
    Started by Avvy * ,

    Hi, After reading some of the posts on vetting it seems to be a stumbling point for many applications. I now have concerns that my family history may cause problems. My Mother left my Father as a single parent to me and my brother around 12 years ago. Basically, she was cuckoo :whistle2:, racked up a massive amount of debt in her own name, booked a flight and left the country in the middle of the night. We heard through her family that she was not returning. I was nine at the time. We moved to Cumbria following her departure and over the past twelve years we have heard nothing from her. Those seeking to resolve the debt she accumulated have been unable to trace her…

    • 2 replies
    • 491 views
  11. jon33
    Started by jon33,

    Hello! I'm guessing someone has already asked this but I couldn't find the search button =S Can you submit an application to more than one police force at the same time? I always had it in my head from somewhere that once you have applied to one (Haven't heard anything back yet) that you couldn't apply to another aswell for six months. Speaking to someone though who is a PCSO and they said that they have put in an application to Northumbria and Cleveland and that is perfectly fine. Cheers in advance for any replies.

    • 8 replies
    • 684 views
  12. ady1966
    Started by ady1966,

    Hi all ! I have just finished Phase 2 and although when I started I did not know quite what was expected, the phase has been a steep and humbling learning curve. I had to work in a Special Needs School for 7 days, with pupils ranging from 8 - 16. WOW, I have been guilty in the past of 'stereo typing' certain children but after this 7 days I now know that i need to qualify things a little better and keep an open mind. I dealt with a wide range of disabilities including; downs s, ADHD, EBD, Aspergers, Dispraxia and Autism as well as dealing with children that have been neglected or abused. talk about being out of your comfort zone....... The week flew past and I really e…

    • 3 replies
    • 791 views
  13. wannabeblue
    Started by wannabeblue,

    Hello there. I start on the 11th August, I am currently a Special. Could somebody give me an idea of the training structure, and possibly suggest some pre-course reading. I have seen some reference to NOS and SOLAP, could somebody explain that also? (or point me in the direction of information already posted?) Thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 702 views
  14. jlong951
    Started by jlong951,

    Hello, I am aware that Civilian Police Officers can transfer into the MOD Police (MDP) at the rank of sergeant. Question is - can Sergeants in the MDP transfer to a civilian police force, Im pretty sure they can just want clarification. Cheers.

    • 2 replies
    • 505 views
  15. ayup1
    Started by ayup1,

    Hi, I recently passed the a/c and am now waiting to do my physical and medical. I was just wondering about a couple of things. I had an arthoroscopy on my knee in Nov, everything is fine now, will this affect me?? I am also wondering about colour blindness. I thought I had slight colour blindness but my optician did the city university test and I was fine. Will they retest my eyes even though I have an opticians report from last week? Cheers.

    • 4 replies
    • 209 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.