Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi all, just a quick question regarding how many sick days you are allowed in 3 years before they throw out your application....do they take into consideration each individuals line of work? ive had quite a few sick days because i work in care....will i have the chance to explain myself? thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 115 views
  2. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    i used to work for a company who are known locally within care providers to not give references or basic ones looking bad upon its old employees. im worried this will go against me during references. Also i have put a grievance in against the HR manager for the way a case where i was bullied at work was dealt with. what should i do? contact essex police and explain? will they see me as weak for being bullied? also...lol...it goes on sorry.....my attendance was affected during that period....as was my punctuality due to trying to avoid the person in question. im worried sick this is going to be over looked and my app' terminated. do you think they will understand or listen…

    • 4 replies
    • 272 views
  3. surf_the_waves
    Started by surf_the_waves,

    Hi guys, I have currently been wondering which course is better out of the talking blues or in2police for the assessment centre? Out of these two they are both holding courses on the same day in my area. Which of these two would any one recommend? Particularly looking for help on the written exercise and the role plays. Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 926 views
    surf_the_waves
  4. andy19721972
    Started by andy19721972,

    Passed Day 1 and have day 2 a week on Tuesday. The thing is I have this morning badly twisted my ankle on the kerb whilst crossing the road. I don't think it is broken, just badly twisted and I can barely walk, let alone do the bleep test. What are my chances of rearranging the date for Day 2? I'm so gutted, was really looking forward to Day 2 - light relief after Day 1! Thanks Andy

    • 2 replies
    • 459 views
  5. Baz10
    Started by Baz10,

    jBaz102008-04-24 20:50:37

  6. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi, whats the maximum sick days for essex police? thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 83 views
  7. goughy1546620133
    Started by goughy1546620133,

    Hi all, I have just recieved the application pack. I need an unaided vsion on 6/36. I DO NOT HAVE THIS. My heart sank when i read this. Reading the other posts, it appears that my only option is laser vision correction. What is the minimual age to have laser vision? Are there any alternatives that i should consider? I have -3.00 in both eyes! Any comments are welcome! Goughy

    • 22 replies
    • 640 views
  8. bonjovi
    Started by bonjovi,

    ANYONE ELSE BE GIVEN THE GOOD NEWS!!

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. Andrewgoat
    Started by Andrewgoat,

    Hi, I'm due to attend the Assessment centre with Thames Valley Police very soon. I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to the following questions? - What's the pass mark for the numeracy test? - What's the pass mark for the whole Assessment centre? - If I pass, will I automatically be offered a position, providing I pass the fitness/medical/security tests? Or is there a "final interview," which some forces use in the recruitment process?

    • 2 replies
    • 194 views
  10. Park Lane
    Started by Park Lane,

    Hi everyone...... I phoned up the Met recruitment office today to find out whether or not I had passed Day 1. Turns out I got 56% overall. After spendng the whole day beating myself up, I'm now looking to see what I can do with this result. I phoned up Thames Valley to see if I could transfer my application and was told that unless I had achieved the pass mark for my original choice of force, they would not accept my application transfer (even though they have a min pass of 5o%!?). Does anyone know if this is a general rule or should I just keep trying other forces? Also, do I have to wait six months to apply for any police role whether it be PCSO, Special or civilian? …

    • 9 replies
    • 371 views
  11. davethegent2000
    Started by davethegent2000,

    I applied for Hants at the end of Feb along with countless others and I understand its a long process but has anyone else heard back yet? I called them and as I write it is still at screening, not sure if this is a good sign or not!

    • 1 reply
    • 280 views
    davethegent2000
  12. jlh204
    Started by jlh204,

    I was wondering what people though of these answers to the four competency questions. 1. Challenging discriminatory behaviour A. Challenged a person's racially abusive behaviour during a football match 2. A situation that was difficult A. Challenged a males aggressive behaviour towards a female on public transport presumably his girlfriend. It seemed more serious than a normal domestic however. 3. Working in a team A. Worked in a team to complete a challenging coaching session 4. Telling someone something difficult A. Telling an individual there blood pressure was vey high during an assessment at a fitness centre. Thanks for any res…

  13. james78
    Started by james78,

    Hi all I know the police application ask's for details of days you've had off due to sickness. If you also put down days you've had off for a family bereavement is that likely to go against you, i basically had i week off work because of this reason? Many thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 169 views
  14. Life on Mars1546620180
    Started by Life on Mars1546620180,

    Right just a quick question. Just found out that my dad has a caution from the 80's relating to insurance. He let someone drive his car who wasn't Insured. He carn't remember exactly what happend. Probably being silly but would this effect my application and does it need to be declared. As on the application form it only talks about my previous convictions and cautions/cautions.

    • 1 reply
    • 343 views
  15. uneaubaine
    Started by uneaubaine,

    Righty-o!! I know this subject gets brought up a million times but i have a query about the vetting process. I know it is continuously done on you the entire time you are in the recruitment process but now i'm at that stage where it'll be make or break for me (well i say that, my doctor has to confirm a whiplash injury from 4 years ago but not worried about that as he already signed if of on my medical. Is the vetting done in little stages throught the process and then the remaining 'chunk' at the ends (is this why so many people fail?) or is it done at a readily steady pace? I ask because my estranged father has a bit of a colourful background and i have spoken to the…

    • 1 reply
    • 442 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.