Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi, I know the pre release says you can but what i wanted to know is can you use it in the interview and role plays? Also is it acceptable to use the stop watch function as long as it's silent or is that not allowed? Ta
-
i passed i passed i passed, i cant sleep got the big white envelope in the morning, after doing my night shift i now right to you and tell you i cannot sleep. they must have felt sorry for me because i know for a fact i screwed the assessment centre, 51% overall is nothing to shout home about but a pass is a pass. thank heavens above pass mark for wmp is 50% overall, so i know they must have felt sorry and gave me the extra point, im off to work tonight but tommorow is gonna be pints of hardcore neat stuff only,,,, i can honestly tell you whoever has done the A/C the wait is excruciating i sympathise with all of you but well worth it in the end. only problem now is they …
-
- 17 replies
- 733 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, most people know that many police forces are over subscribed in recruitment terms. I am currently located in Hereford but am willing to consider any police force in a city area. Which force should should I try for? Metroplitan Police? West Mercia? local force? anywhere else? My only considerations are: Good number of vacancies.... Speed of getting in.... City area.... rgds Graham
-
Hi, I have my A/C soon and am slightly confused about the competencies. A lot of reference on this forum is made to their being five; however, in the documentation I received with my Westshire pack it lists seven (community and customer focus, effective communication, personal responsibility, problem solving, resilience, respect for race and diversity and teamworking). Elsewhere on these forums people are referring to there only being four on which you are questioned on in the interview... Therefore, could some kind soul please let me know which competencies will come up in the interview! Also, one other question, can I just double check that it is ok to go wearing c…
-
Need a bit of advice. At the recruitment presentation they said to state all involvement with the police, including times when you were a witness etc. I have never been convicted or cautioned, but a few years back, I was in a violent relationship in course of which the police have been called out a vast number of times. Would that be on record, do I need to mention it when applying and how would it affect my application?
-
Hi, I have just received my application form for Police Constable, does anyone have any hints or tips on completing the form. Thanks................
-
Hey, struggling with a suitable example for the personal responsibility competency, for the competency interview. Really not sure what example to use, any guidence would be much appreciated. I have a few ideas but they all seem really weak. 1. driving tests (failed 2 passed on the third) 2. going to university and obtaining my degree 3. taking responsibility to id youths that come into the pub where i work and ensuring that they do not get servered, when the other staff where serving them. Thanks in advance.
-
- 5 replies
- 304 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was wondering if there are any officers out there who have used audio learning packages as part of their studies? I've seen a few advertised on-line, £69.99 for nine discs, which pretty much covers all aspects of PACE. Are these packages worth the money?
-
Hi I sent a letter to recruitment with some information they required along with an urgent change that i needed to notify them on. I sent this at the start of last week asking for confirmation of receipt, and to confirm that the change i was making was ok. How long should i leave it without a reply to contact them??
-
Hi there, I'm at the stage of filling in my appl form and I have a question relating to the motivational questions at the end of the form, specifically that pertaining to 'what duties do you expect to be undertaking'. I have a vague idea of the kind of thing a PC might be doing, but I would really appreciate some more accurate information. Not sure if this is the right forum for this but could anyone give me an idea of the kind of things I would be doing on a day to basis as a new PC. Thanks very much in advance
-
Anyone out there currently at, or been through Sedgley Park for GMP? I'm looking to start in August (just the fitness & medical to get through - no sweat there!) and I am thinking about how to get to SP every day. I live in Burnagé and currently get around by cycling. Are there facilities for parking cycles there, and showers to make myself presentable for the day's training? Also, what is the day to day uniform while there? I might have to come up with a ingenious solution to carry my perfectly ironed clothes in a courier bag...
-
- 8 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am currently waiting for my Assessment Centre date and was wondering if anyone knows what the Scottish Assessment day involves
-
Morning all! Just hypothetically, if someone's brother (who they don't live with and is 17 years older than them) was convicted for lets say...violant disorder, would this stop someone from becomming a police officer, or are things like this looked at on an individual basis? Just a bit more info; when this happened, the someone phoned their recruitment officer immediately and informed them about it, as they don't have anything to hide. The person has already passed the A/C and is waiting to start. Thanks very much in advance! Rob.
-
- 11 replies
- 1.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Anyone else got their Medical on Thurs and Fitness on the 15th of July?
-
Where does training take place for applicants accepted for West Mercia? And how does the training work - ie, is it a foundation degree, NVQ, etc?