Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi everyone I'm currently with Essex Police nearing the end of my probation and am thinking about moving to the Met. I've got a few questions hopefully someone can answer! I would probably make my Borough choices Tower Hamlets, Barking and Dagenham and Newham. Can anyone give me any information on these boroughs? Specifically: 1. What are the exact shift patterns for each Borough? 2. Which of the stations do officers patrol from - could I potentially end up at any of the stations on that Borough? Some are easy for me to get to whereas others would take ages. 3. What it is like to work on these Boroughs? What are the team sizes, what percentage of officers are on foo…
-
- 55 replies
- 13k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, I'm new to the forum so not precisely sure where to post this message.. I'm currently deciding what to do once I've finished Year 11 at my current High School. I really want to enter the police force but I know that there's only a tiny possibility that they'll even consider me at 18 without any life experience. The options I can choose from are: A-Levels at College/6th Form A-Levels and a 1 Year Public Services Course at my current school in 6th form Or a two year full course in public services at college which is quite far away- but I've heard that this course doesn't account for much as a lot of people do this.. As I felt that there's not much chance of get…
-
Can anyone tell me what the machine is that they use to test your push and pull? I went to my gym this week and they have nothing specific that measures it. Just wondered if anyone could tell me so I can see if I can practice on one?
-
Yup! The big day is 2moro... eeks! Never been this nervous bout any of my interviews before...! Shall update 2moro whem am home and relaxed!!
-
Hi there I have recently had my application for Pc with Bedfordshire police passed. there next stage is a pre assesment interview before going through to the A/C. Has anyone got any idea of what I can expect and how to prepare myself, many thanks, Adamwanabpc2008-04-25 18:04:42
-
- 8 replies
- 1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi Everyone, am I becoming a pain with all these questions ;-) Could anyone confirm the whole recruitment process with the Metropolitan Police as I am a little confused. From what I can tell you have to complete the application, if successful you then go on to a PIRT test. If you complete that you go to an assessment weekend, then an interview then medical and fitness? Would that mean with the PIRT and the assessment weekend you have to do two sets of exams? Also if you fail at any point do you have to wait 6 months and re apply and start from the very beginning, is there any other stage than the fitness test that you get another try? Thanks for any help you can provid…
-
Hi there, I'm have been working as a Reporting Officer for a Forensic Supplier for almost four years. I have given evidence in court, attended many crime scenes and been involved in giving talks and training to Police officers. I had recently applied for a staff role with the MPS and have received my letter today. I states I have been rejected due to the MPS policy on tattoos. I have a full sleeve and a chest tattoo. As far as I can see there is no way my choice in body art breaks the rules as listed in the recruitment text: Infact the tattoos are all positively themed and I've always been aware that I can't get anything that could be violent, offensive,etc. Hence thi…
-
- 3 replies
- 420 views
- 1 follower
-
-
hello anyone else doing the uni degree? I'm in the second year now and hate it!!! bet the nvq is so much better!
-
- 15 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I joined this forum yesterday as I intend to join the police and I was unsure whether to go for the Met or Kent Police, but after receiving lots of helpful (and friendly) advice I have opted for the Met. Anyway, I have booked a place for this Friday to attend one of their recruitment events and I was wondering if anyone has been to one or knows what I should expect? I am just assuming there will be a few Officers there telling us about the job and giving us a chance to ask questions, also I expect it will help to weed out initial unsuitable candidates. I doubt it will be much more than that but I would hate to be unprepared. Cheers for any advice anyone can …
-
Hi all, Time for some more stupid questions.... 1) With the radio earpiece - what do you hear? Is it all radio traffic or only things directed to me? If that makes sense? Do you hear all radio "chatter". 2) on the first 16 weeks do we wear our uniform (black 'tshirt', trousers and boots) or do we always wear "civvie stuff" until we are out on patrol etc Apologies for the stupid questions but I keep thinking of niggly questions! Cheers, Pete
-
Hi everyone I am very keen to join the police, but i am concerned about my past history of using an inhaler. I do not have asthma per say but in the past i have had to carry an inhaler for things such as hay fever, whereby on the very very few occasions i may have had a slighlty wheezy chest. I have spoke to my GP about this and he said because my 'condition' if you want to call it that is so slight he said he would be happy to mark my medical questionaire as if i do not suffer from asthma (which i don't).I might also add that my lung function is very good. My question is do the police medical officers look into your medical history if all is ok on your medical questio…
-
Due to other commitments that have recently come up I am unable to attend my day 2 for the met, which is on monday 9th June! Only got the letter today. Does anyone know if it is ok to re arrange the date, as I am away all week? Has anyone else done this, and does anyone know how long it will be roughly till I get a new date? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
-
Hi Received my letter confirming I passed the paper sift first time around the 18th of may, which I was well chuffed with. My visit to the A/C is on the 5th of June (will be my first), (the day after tomorrow! ), sorry this question must of been asked thousands of times, but what should I wear, suit? smart / casual? Nerves kicking in as the day draws near lol! Cheers guys, Jack.
-
Hello. I am currently in the application process for Essex - 14 months and counting! I have recently received an appointment date, with the occupational health nurse, to discuss some issues that have arisen on my medical form sent from my Doctor. I have read similar threads on this forum concerning the queries that I have listed below but would appreciate any further, or more recent info'. I suffered with a prolapsed disc in my neck last year, I had an MRI scan and subsequently it appears that the discs either side of the prolapsed one have virtually worn away - rugby, what a sport! In addition to this I suffered with a bout of depression, and visited the Doctor twic…
-
Has anybody that has applied for Lincolnshire (closing date 19th May) had some form of response yet?
-
- 0 replies
- 805 views
- 1 follower
-