Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. DannyBoy86
    Started by DannyBoy86,

    I had my official medical clearance letter through today. Only vetting and references left and am I being paranoid when I say that I am panicking about failing at this stage...? What if i've forgotton to declare all of my parking tickets, what if I was a month out on my previous employment dates.... breathe.....breathe.....breathe

    • 5 replies
    • 845 views
    andy178981546620138
  2. robfish72
    Started by robfish72,

    Hi Does anybody know when the next recruitment drive is like to be for the South Wales Police Force? Many Thanks Rob.

    • 1 reply
    • 344 views
  3. crinklybottom
    Started by crinklybottom,

    Can anyone beat 1200 miles a month travelling to and from work? I am still in training (Pleased to be there), but with petrol prices the way they are, I am feeling the pinch. Travelling costs soak up 25% of my 'monthly' wage. Anyone else in a similar position. Does anyone get help with travelling costs from their force?

  4. Green1546620221
    Started by Green1546620221 * ,

    Hello, after stumbling upon this forum by chance I feel this would be a really good place to ask a few things. Firstly, I am 18 years old and applied to the Leicestershire Constabulary in January, passed the application stage, then failed at the A/C. I failed on race and diversity, which was a shock to be honest. Is there any tips or advice anyone can give me to pass the A/C? Do I actually have to demonstrate just how non-racist I am at every opportunity? Because I didn't say anything discrimitive towards anyone or anything. The A/C seems to be the hardest part and I hope I can get it over and done with as quickly as possible. I have also heard that if you've failed th…

    • 2 replies
    • 522 views
  5. ellington
    Started by ellington * ,

    Hi I have an Assessment coming up really soon. I have been doing loads of ressearch and gathering as much info as possible. But i'm still confused over two things. 1) I have read that in the written exam you should set your response out like a business letter. However, I received the pre-assessment pack not long ago, and in there is an example of the report form you use to write on in the exam. The report form is no way long enough to set out a proper business style response, as soon as you had written both addresses there would be no room left. Can anyone enlighten me on what is best to do here? Is the example one sent a lot shorter than the real one? 2) In the actu…

    • 4 replies
    • 246 views
  6. Lou1986
    Started by Lou1986 * ,

    Is anybody waiting for a start date with GMP???..... Ive passed everything but have been waiting a while for recruitment to get in touch...just wondered if anybody else is in the same situation!

    • 3 replies
    • 542 views
  7. lukeharrison
    Started by lukeharrison * ,

    Hi I want to start a career in the Police force; I am currently 24 years old and am working in Hong Kong. By the time I come home and start the recruitment process I will 25. I am worried is this too old to start a career in the force? I only raise my concern, as I am aware that recruitment starts at 18. I just want to know if 25 is a viable age to start ones career as a policeman in terms of specialising, or promotions etc. Thanks Luke

  8. BertBertBert
    Started by BertBertBert,

    Hey all! Just thought i'd add a little post to say i had my Final Interview for Strathclyde Police today after being in the process for almost a yr and half.................and I PASSED!!! :biggrin: :sweatingbullets: Too say im happy is an understatement!!! Just relieved to have all my interviews over and done with! They told me i will be in the July 22nd intake! Anyone else have that date?? Again, Whoohoo!!!

    • 9 replies
    • 337 views
    kaytennant *
  9. claireybear
    Started by claireybear,

    Hi Does anyone know if you have been discharged from a trust deed if you need to disclose on your application form.

    • 1 reply
    • 367 views
  10. claireybear
    Started by claireybear,

    Hi, Does anyone know how they messure your BMI for the initial fitness test for Strathclyde Police and what is an acceptable level.

    • 12 replies
    • 946 views
  11. coops1546620217
    Started by coops1546620217 * ,

    Hi guys I have been having a look through the forum and notice people have been applying for Lincolnshire police. I have recently applied and the deadline date was 19th May. I feel quite confident about the application form however it seems a lot of people hear back very quickly if they meet the standard. What kind of waiting time should I expect? I also have a few worries about spelling and grammar, I would say they are my weak points. How lenient are they on the subject? All advice will be much appreciated Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 526 views
  12. dalec
    Started by dalec,

    Hello ukpoliceonline.co.uk forum guy's & girls! It's Dalec, you may remember the name from previous topic's including 1. The Story So Far.... 2. Bleep Test 3. Were Going Through Changes (remember that song) 4. Dale & His Police Story 5. Police Officer + ( PCSO ) = What Can You Do 6. Suffolk Constabulary Which bring's me swiftly on to my new topic 'Essex PCSO's' Does anybody know when Essex are doing a recruitment drive for PCSO's? I hope everybody is having a great week and continue to have one! Thanks again for everybody's previous responses to previous topic's Dalec

    • 2 replies
    • 523 views
  13. tjosmith
    Started by tjosmith,

    For all fellow budding Police Officers, I thought you all might like to know about an online chat forum with a serving Police Officer tomorrow (between 12-2pm) on the West Midlands Police recruitment website to ask questions about the recruitment process. Might be useful regardless of what force you've applied for. I'm not sure if you need a log in/password though, or if it is just for those that have successfully passed the application form stage with WMP (I received an e-mail about it today). Tom.

  14. g188

    Hey Got my assessment tommorow for West Midlands (4th June 2008) and i am worried in general, but more so with my race and diversity example for the competancy based interview. I just don't feel that my example is strong enough. My example on the application was also poor and i got a D on it. I'm confident with my other examples but i do not feel that i have a good enough example for race and diversity. I have changed the example since my appplication. I am now using an example around me having to serve customers with dissabilities and having to go the extra mile to deal with their requests and be extra patient when serving them. This eample seems weak, and not very dive…

  15. messi
    Started by messi,

    I understand that the initial interview may be marked by a points system of 5 core skills. Does anyone know what they are? Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 158 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.