Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. miss_chaz
    Started by miss_chaz,

    Hiiii quick question about the RRD question that shall be asked at the A/C interview. I'm using the example I used on my application form, the question without giving too much away was basically a time I have witnessed bullying behaviour towards anyone and how I dealt with it. But on the pack I've been sent where it lists all the points they are looking for it doesn't say an example of the question you may be asked (obviously!). I'm just wondering how I can show evidence of respecting race and diversity if its not bullying behaviour I have witnessed? Can I perhaps say where I have helped somebody? I'm totally baffled and I know people cannot specifically help me but…

    • 4 replies
    • 180 views
  2. citytaz
    Started by citytaz,

    They really do test your resilience when applying for police dont they? Applied in September 07 and passed paper app. Had my ass cent end of Feb and passed that. Sent off all my medical and security info end of feb and still not heard anything! Dont know if its all forces but west mids seem to take their time! Ive rung up a few times but the staff dont seem to know what their doing. Anyone else waiting on a medical at west mids? or anyone have an idea how long its going to take. Was hoping to start, if I pass medical and physical end of the year but it looks like it is going to be next year. can anyone shed some light?!

    • 4 replies
    • 353 views
  3. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi, bit worried. just passed my A/c with Essex police. have physical coming up and medical and vetting. my problem is that in my previous employment i worked in a medium secure unit with adults who have challenging behaviour and attack people. unfortunatly i got attacked and was off work for 8 months. had to have physio etc...had signed doctor certificates and was all legitimate. Do you think this will be a problem for me getting after all my hard work? Am really worried ive gone over my sick days too as we weren't allowed to go to work with the slightest of colds and if we did we got sent home. TOO MUCH STRESS!!!! someone please help thanks in advance

    • 6 replies
    • 236 views
  4. Ritchie28
    Started by Ritchie28,

    About 6 years ago I worked for a company where it was just me, the Office Manager (the Mrs) and the Director (the husband to the Mrs!) based in the office, all the other employees were drivers and out on the roads. I was there 11 months and I left for a job as an Office Manager. After I handed in my notice, there was a definate change in her attitude toward me. But I just got on with things. The company I went to went bust 6 months later (not my fault!) and I started looking for other work. It was then I found out this woman was giving me bad references. I managed to obtain a few copies, but never persued it as I got another job despite her. Now when I was there,…

    • 7 replies
    • 413 views
  5. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    14 months into the recruitment process, and things are still going at a snails pace. Have been waiting for a medical date with West Mids since December, but have been told by recruitment today that I won't have a medical date until autumn, and a start date will now be in the new year. I knew to expect a long wait, but to find out now that there is at least another 6 months is crushing. I'm sure it will be worth the wait though Anyone else finding the process as slow with WMP?

  6. Zamudio
    Started by Zamudio,

    Hi guys, what's the policy on tatoos? Can we have them visible or do they have to be covered? Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 443 views
  7. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    I know we have our seminar July 8th as i posted that on here, but has anyone had any post about uniform fitting yet? I'm beginning to think my postman doesn't know where i live anymore. I am in Turkey 25th JUne to 3rd July, would be nice if it was just before i went away.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    Just got back to brum from sunny Richmond, the home of Alt-berg boots. Good day out, lovely place and finally i have me boots! Bought the Peacekeeper P1 Aqua, they were £115, but with police discount £88, can't grumble as the reviews i have read say Alt-berg's are great for long shifts especially and they last their value.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  9. uneaubaine
    Started by uneaubaine,

    I've got my fitness on Thursday and was wondering on the bleep test, when you get to the line can you have one foot on the line or does it have to be both feet?

  10. low0003
    Started by low0003,

    Hello everyone, Right, I've been sifting through all my paperwork before I start West Mids Police in 2 weeks time. I keep seeing "community placement" here and there which I understand is around 3 days spent in the community. However, what sort of things do they send you to or where do they send you to? Also, do you go as a civvy or clearly as a probationer PC (ie. in uniform)? I am intreagued to know what this is all about as I do bits and pieces in the community (e.g. used to be a football coach, have helped out at athletic club meetings and such like - mainly sport related) and am not quite sure what to expect. Any experiences would be very helpful. Thank you. low…

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
    HarryWestMids
  11. Murray1546620195
    Started by Murray1546620195,

    Heya guys, haven't been able to get on a computer as much as I'd want to the past month or so, I had revision and exams. Anyway, from what I've heard, the police shift isn't an average 9-5. What shifts are there exactly, it's something I'm a bit confused on, any clarifying would be great. Also... I've found a great running track I've started trying so one of these days I'll download the bleep test to see what I'll be up against. Is it the same standards if applying to the cadets? Thanks in advance, Mark

    Murray1546620195
  12. Ritchie28
    Started by Ritchie28,

    I know all the forces are different but can anyone help me with this. A friend of mine went through the whole recruitment stage, but isn't sure about about the fitness requirements for females in the fitness test as he is male! I know that females are expected to do the 1.5mile in under 15 minutes, but I would like to know the following: How many Abdominal Crunches within the 2 minutes How many press ups do they expect before exhaustion In what time would they expect you to do the 100metre sprint in? Any info would be much appreciated. :)

    • 2 replies
    • 178 views
  13. berttybassatt
    Started by berttybassatt,

    Hi, As anyone got A/C on 4th June for Derbyshire. Just had a phone call today after 11 months of waiting. Really nervous now.

    • 9 replies
    • 239 views
  14. Rob13
    Started by Rob13,

    Hi guys, sorry if this has been mentioned already. I have my fitness test for Gloucestershire on Friday and the letter told me to be there for 08:15 and that it wouldn't finish until mid-afternoon. To my knowledge the test consists of the push and pull (dyno) machine and the beep test (of which the pass level is 5.4). Just wondering if anyone else's fitness test took that long? I presume it's due to the volume of people but I guess there's a lot of waiting around? Thanks for your thoughts!

    • 2 replies
    • 113 views
  15. mata1546620224
    Started by mata1546620224 * ,

    How would the Police look on someone who applys but has been unemployed for about 6/7 months and on Job Seekers Allowance, has been trying to get a job but has been unsuccessful.

    • 1 reply
    • 383 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.