Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. andycis
    Started by andycis,

    Hi Anyone know how much the pay increase is worth each month after the 9 weeks tutor period ends? Trying to work out how much rent i can't afford !

    • 3 replies
    • 994 views
  2. ILW
    Started by ILW,

    Hi As mentioned in another post i have just been given the 27th October as my start date with the police. My understanding is that you get your first week off after week 18 (i think), i was therefore wondering what the situation was with the christmas period. By that week we will be in week 8/9 and i wasn't sure if student officers would be in during the week between Xmas day and New years. Don't mind if we are as i understand that other officers have to work and i do it in my current job, but just out of interest has anyone on here had their training cover this period and what did they do over this period. Thanks

  3. sussex_cop
    Started by sussex_cop,

    I was wondering do we get payed for overtime?? Say if you do your shift and it runs say a couple of hours over. Will we get payed for it?? And also if we say want to do an extra couple of hours do we get payed for it??

    Traffic Rat +
  4. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    hi all First post here. I am a Firefighter and to be honest I think I need a change in my career path. I live near London and so want to apply to the met.I am 40 years old and fit but I have a few niggly questions.Hope you can help: Would I be able to carry over my FF pension? At what age do I retire on the new scheme? Can I ask what a met recruit's take home pay is please? I cant find the met police salary scales anywhere! Anyone got a link please? And I understand that the training school is a thing of the past. How is the training done then? What shift system does the met use? This is being really negative but does anyone know anyone that has not passed their …

  5. just trying
    Started by just trying,

    i need some advice, i applied for the police force last year and have just had my a/c which i passed, im taking my fitness test next week and have got more paper work to fill in of which another security questionaire. Some 21years ago, i think i recieved a caution or even a bind over for a year ( am not entirly sure), but i recollect my solictor saying that i wont have a conviction or record, i work in public services and have had an enhanced CRB check done and nothing shows up, also i didnt put down on the application that i had no conviction as i believe that to be true, does that mean even though i have sume more paperwork am clear of any convictions? any advice gre…

  6. observer1546620074
    Started by observer1546620074,

    Hi, My problem is that I have a lazy right eye (not a squint), which i know on its own isn't going to stop me joining (equality and all that). My vision is 6/9 in the left eye and 6/36 in the right. Basically I can read pretty far down with the left but only the top two with the right. With both eyes open I can obviously read as far as my left will carry me. For me, laser surgery isn't an option as a lazy eye can't be solved by a laser. I'm completely confused as to whether I'd pass or not as I will not be wearing specs (they dont work for me) and all this talk about corrected/uncorrected is confusing me. Some people say you only need to read the top 2 lines with each e…

    observer1546620074
  7. McCuffit
    Started by McCuffit,

    At what stage do you get issued with your airwave and more importantly what earpiece does it come with as standard ? Thanks in advance. Andy

    • 0 replies
    • 453 views
  8. PC_Wanabee
    Started by PC_Wanabee,

    Hi, I see a lot of people seem to use these courses. Are they relevant to the Scottish forces recruitment process or only England and Wales? Any recommendations on which is best? And should I use them right from the start, i.e. before I even fill out the application form? Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 466 views
    phil381546620193
  9. ajb23
    Started by ajb23,

    Does anyone have any experience of the section house-rooms available in the MET or the residential quarters for those in a long term relationship? I would be interested to know what people think of them? if they are worth considering? and generally how much they are? I start my training in a couple of weeks and need to sort out some digs for after that first 6week period. Thanks.

  10. jamesmckiernan
    Started by jamesmckiernan * ,

    If my BMI is currently around 33 will i be rejected straight away?

    • 12 replies
    • 231 views
  11. C.White
    Started by C.White * ,

    Hi everyone, this is my first post on the site and am just enquiring as to the work load during the training phase of a police officer. I may be jumping the gun a little as I am only at the assessment phase for T.V.P. I am a little concerned as to the ammount of studying required in the evenings as I have 6 and 8 year old boys who obviously require a certain ammount of attention. Many thanks. Chris.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. dalec
    Started by dalec,

    So it got me thinking over the bank holiday weekender........ If this time round you don't successfully get through the A/C to become a Police Officer can you apply for PCSO right away or do you have to wait like with the Police Officer recruitment process another 6 months before you could apply? In addition does anybody know if Essex or Suffolk are recruiting PCSO's in the near future? Fingers crossed for everybody who's applying for there chosen force across the country to be, Police Officer PCSO Special Constable Over & Out DC

    • 4 replies
    • 462 views
  13. Timbo797
    Started by Timbo797,

    Hi everyone, Just wondered if there is anyone out there who is waiting for their AC results for the MET or has recently received them? I did the assessment centre on Friday 9th May and was told the results would come through in around 2 weeks. Its been two weeks today, and being the impatient fella I am, I wondered if anyone was in the same shoes! Really, really, really hoping ofr good news, as I have set my sights on this job and can't see myself doing anything else. Would be devestated if I have failed the AC. Anyone else waiting for MET results or recently received theirs? Tim

  14. uneaubaine
    Started by uneaubaine,

    Hi there, is anyone else going to the Assessment Centre at Middlemoor on 17-05-08? If so have you had your Westshire Packs yet? I'm doing all i can to revise and as sad as i am, the day that pack arrives, no one will see me for dust!

  15. lincs_pc22

    HI, I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I have just been offered a job by sky as an installations engineer today which I applied for before Christmas. The job will basically give me an extra 15 days off a year an extra £6k basic plus the £4-8k bonuses on top a company van/phone plus sky+/broadband/talk and bupa health care. I still desperately want to join west mids police and currently awaiting my CRB results and to attend a medical. I'm not sure how long I will have to wait to be offered a place should I be successful, but its looking like it might be next year!! Would there be any problems with the Police if I starting working for my and if I got a date for next year …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.