Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Kenny-r13
    Started by Kenny-r13,

    Hi All, My Name is Ken and I am considering applying for the police. I am posting on here as I have alot of questions. Its something I have considered for a while and it will be a big commitment if I do eventually join. This may seem a strange comment but like most reading this i will drop a decent job, decent salary and personal time to join. Noone ever joined the Police for the salary. I understand people do it for various reasons and that reason isnt often the Salary. I am moving to Cheshire and the obvious force to apply for is Cheshire but I am struggling gaining info on recruitment dates etc. I have emailed and Im told to wait, this is fine but if any serving memb…

    • 8 replies
    • 476 views
  2. peterg
    Started by peterg,

    Hi guys, Does anyone have any idea when "probbies" can start doing overtime? Are they not very keen on letting new officers do overtime or are they grateful? How easy is it to come by? Is it on a first come, first served kind of basis?

    • 1 reply
    • 500 views
  3. tall_paul
    Started by tall_paul,

    Does anyone know what pass mark you would have to get in order to qualify for the HPD scheme? I've heard it's 75% and above? I have my A/C at the end of June - no harm in aiming high i suppose lol... I know there have been a lot of changes recently with the NPIA who oversee the management of the scheme but I was wondering if anyone had some up-to-date info? Cheers

    • 6 replies
    • 984 views
  4. bonjovi
    Started by bonjovi,

    I just wondered if anyone had received where thay are goijng to be posted yet. They say you found out a few weeks before your start date. cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 410 views
  5. goughy1546620133
    Started by goughy1546620133,

    Any one else going? What is the dress code? I was plannning to wear shirt and tie! Goughy

    • 2 replies
    • 462 views
    goughy1546620133
  6. bigyin74
    Started by bigyin74,

    Hi there everyone, I'm just curious if there are anyone on the site who's recently applied to Suffolk, or are currently in the recruitment process? I've just transferred my application from BTP to Suffolk recently.

    • 9 replies
    • 825 views
    rayofsunshine
  7. betpool
    Started by betpool,

    I am currently considering the police as a career but I am stuck as to which to choose. Could anyone advise me on which is "better" a regional force e.g. West Yorkshire Police or British Transport Police? Obviously regional police have authority throughout England & Wales and BTP only on specified rail/tube lines but other than this any ideas?

    • 3 replies
    • 434 views
  8. rayofsunshine
    Started by rayofsunshine,

    Hi After looking through this forum, it is possible to see that many of you dont seem to really like the job that much, and seem to have a lot of negative points... I just wondered if there were any police officers out there who love their job and wouldnt want to change it? Thanks x

  9. lincs_pc22
    Started by lincs_pc22,

    Hi, I sent my medical and security forms back at the end of March. I understand it may take a while to complete and was just wondering what the avergae time is before I should expect to hear anything regarding my medical etc? Sorry if you think I'm a little impatient but I can't wait to get started

    • 4 replies
    • 494 views
  10. dan22
    Started by dan22,

    I currently work in a behavioural school full time. I part time (2 nights and sat morning) teach the drums to kids. At the risk of sounding arrogant, big headed etc I am a very good drummer, and a good musician, my hobby is recording music etc, my family are also musical. The schools I work in love the way I interact with the kids and were desperate for me to go into teaching....I didn't want to... The current schools have offered me the opportunity to continue teaching once in the police, the only way this could work would be for me to not have a strict timetable and go in on my days off. The money is excellent... £24.00 an hour!! Would this be allowed/possible...al…

    • 7 replies
    • 678 views
  11. ayup1
    Started by ayup1,

    Hi, I've just had a phone call giving me a date for the assessment centre. I was wondering if anyone had a book for this that they no longer need? I would obviously pay for it. Cheers for your help.

  12. Frosty11
    Started by Frosty11,

    After nearly an entire year, I have got my start date for Cleveland Police. On the 2nd June, I'll become a student officer and start attending Teeside Uni. Now, I never became a student after I left school. I went straight in to work and then joined the army so have no idea what student life is all about. Do I have to go out and by a James CD and stock up on Pot Noodles or will I be ok with my Byker Grove pencil case lol? Serioulsy though. Thanks to all who has helped me get through the application side of things, but now comes the fun part of learning along with a lot more question in this forum...... Bring it on. :clapping:

  13. mikey212
    Started by mikey212,

    I want to get my eyes corrected via laser surgery before and if i make it through the application stages. Once and if i pass the interview medical and fitness how quick or slow is it before your given a start date? Also can i postpone my start date due to an eye operation? Is this acceptable? cheers

  14. peterg
    Started by peterg,

    Hi....does anyone know what the shift patterns are for Herts constabulary? And is noone starting with Herts on 16th june? I seem to be the only so far on all the forums I've read!!

  15. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi Hopefully i will be a service officer with West Midlands before long. Still got the medical and physical though so who knows? I'm planning on relocating to the West Midlands area. Just want to know when are you told which OCU you will be getting. I'm sure i've heard that you get told at the open evening, but still is often 3-4 weeks before hand? I'm planning on finding a house share, so don't need to worry about selling a house or anything. Or can you spedify where you would like to work? Thanks, Dan

    • 4 replies
    • 543 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.