Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. lotus-odc
    Started by lotus-odc,

    A/C at Birmingingham HQ, 11th June, anyone going ?

    • 4 replies
    • 616 views
  2. karen1972
    Started by karen1972,

    Hi, I have received a letter to say Suffolk Police have my application and that they are doing there Preliminary enquiries. What are these enquiries? do they do all security and financial checks etc at this stage? Many thanks. karen.

  3. worriedparent
    Started by worriedparent * ,

    Hello 30 years ago I was convicted and fined by a magistrate for stealing a pair of shoes. Fast forward 30 years and no further blemishes on my character.......... my son's live in partner has failed her vetting for the police force. Do you think my stupid indiscretion damaged her application and should I tell her. The reason I ask is that despite all these years I am still ashamed to admit my crime, but feel I should tell her, even at the risk of damaging my son's relationship. Thanks in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 791 views
  4. lotus-odc
    Started by lotus-odc,

    Has anyone had an A/C at Birmingham HQ ?? Got mine on the 11th of June, any help would be greatly appreciated :) Kind Regards James

  5. hazelnut_whirl
    Started by hazelnut_whirl,

    Hi everyone Just wondered if anyone else here is waiting for their Medical with Essex Police?

    hazelnut_whirl
  6. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi guys, from what ive been told and read it appears that successful candidates at the A/C will recieve their results first. some actually had phonecalls informing them. do you guys think there is any truth to that? maybe we will never know!

  7. *Matt*
    Started by *Matt*,

    Hi all I am joining Gloucestershire in June, and wonder if anyone can tell me the usual shift patterns after training? Thanks!

  8. luke4387
    Started by luke4387,

    Just a quick question or two - how difficult is the trianing to become a police officer? Is it easier than you imagined? Harder? Throw up any surprises? The bit im not looking forward to is the assessment centre - that is if I get throught the papersift first! Lol! Oh, one last thing - how far do the police delve into your family memebers records? I ask coz my uncle served 5 years at Her Majesty's pleasure for an offence against a child and was released 6 years ago too. The incident happened 12 years ago. Anything that you wish to add on these matters would be much appreciated.

  9. Shifty1546620172
    Started by Shifty1546620172,

    I'm not really sure about the whole process of getting into the police after I have finished my College course. Does it mean I will be out of work for two years and then still have a (large) chance of not getting in? And what is "Processing"? Does it mean 2 Years before they even see my application? Sorry if I sound really stupid right now. Also sorry if this is all answered in sticky's. I have to post this message from my Mobile and it loads pages insanely slow.

    • 7 replies
    • 647 views
  10. Mini Beth
    Started by Mini Beth,

    I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right bit or not? I am studying Police Studies at College and for one of my assignments I have to obtain a Job Discription and a Person Specification for a Uniformed Officer. I have one for a Special Constable but is it the same for a paid officer? Does anyone know where I can get one from?

    • 1 reply
    • 740 views
  11. spowell1546620087
    Started by spowell1546620087,

    Hi, Please come somebody help me. I need to find a example of a criminal profile for my criminology course. Could somebody please give me some helpful tips Thanks alot

    • 3 replies
    • 641 views
    carolwar1546620144
  12. ControlRoomOp
    Started by ControlRoomOp,

    Gloucestershire are recruiting again Recruitment opens today (1st Oct) and closes 22nd October. Here we go again....... ControlRoomOp2007-10-01 01:06:41

    ControlRoomOp
  13. berttybassatt
    Started by berttybassatt,

    Hi again. Waited 11 months and just got a date for A/C. Really excited about it. However I applied for a Prison Officer in March, had A/C in April and fitness test 2 weeks later. Im pleased to say that I passed both and now await a start date. Its the Police that I much prefer, but really nervous about getting through the A/C. The A/C for the Prison Service consisted of a english and numerical test, 4 Role plays which last 10mins and are filmed, and a interview which is about one of the role plays. Pretty easy really. Im really hoping that the Police is pretty much the same. Can anyone help and put me at ease.

  14. Shifty1546620172
    Started by Shifty1546620172,

    Well, My plan so far is to go to college this September after I have finished school this year in June. To get into my course (National Diploma in Public Services), I need 5 GCSE's at C or above. I was pretty confident before, however I got lazy along the lines and just stopped doing coursework. If I work really hard for the next few weeks, I should be able to just about get 5 C's or above, but it's kind of worrying. I picked two subjects that I Really hated (I didn't realise I hated them until after I had picked them), being Graphics and Multimedia. I have been dropped off of both of them. I assume this means I will get a U for both and am unsure how badly this will re…

    • 9 replies
    • 691 views
    BravoGolfCharlie1988
  15. Greeko699
    Started by Greeko699 * ,

    Hi all, I recently received my results from an MDP A/C with an overall pass of 62% and have been considering the met police rather than the ministry of defence police. Anyone know anything about what is involved in transferring the results of the A/C to the met police, i.e. if it's possible, what would be involved in doing so, and any other information on it? I've looked on the MDP and met recruitment websites thoroughly and can't find anything about it. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 427 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.