Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jimmy_d_gmp
    Started by jimmy_d_gmp,

    Hi everyone, longtime reader, firstime poster! I've passed my interview for GMP last week and jus this second got my date for Physical - 3 weeks from now. I'm not concerned as I'm very physically fit, but they've said my medical will be in May sometime... I'm jus wondering what sort of timeline I'm looking at in terms of a startdate and which/when the intakes are? I've been told there's an intake in June, but with my medical in May would I miss that one? Any help would be much appreciated Cheers

  2. HarryWestMids
    Started by HarryWestMids,

    Hi guys and gals! went to the recruitment seminal yesterday! got told where ill be traning. Training is at Tally Ho, and the OCU is D1 wondering anyone else starting on that date? or anyone working at D1?

    • 12 replies
    • 2k views
  3. Top of the World
    Started by Top of the World,

    OK, so i don't want to give away too many details, but about 4 years ago, my cousin from his bedroom window shot at a cat with a BB gun, i was never there but i was told that the police attended the scene and he must of got a warning or something cos he never got nicked, but i was wondering wether something like this would hinder my application? By the way, he's not a violent person, he was just a stupid teenager messing around.

    • 5 replies
    • 612 views
  4. BertBertBert
    Started by BertBertBert,

    Hey all, Just a query with regards to the fitness test, i applied before the change in fitness test was introduced, so i will only have one fitness test. Most of the info on the websites etc is relating to the new system where u have ur initial fitness at the beginning of ur application then a final one at the end! I was hoping someone could tell me wat the old fitness test involves, as im not very fit and am a bit worried about it! I have started building up my running as i am aware of the mile & half run, but do u also have to do the beep test and is it the 15m one or the 20m one. just not sure if u do both or one or the other. Also there is talk of doing push …

    • 9 replies
    • 314 views
  5. Briskoda
    Started by Briskoda,

    Ive past all over recruiment process now and im just waiting for a start date Can anyone give me pointers and help on what i can be learnibg about the training? Thanks for the help in advance Tim

  6. alexh1546620200
    Started by alexh1546620200,

    Has anyone else recently applied to TVP? I'm a little bit in the dark as to what I can expect and when. I understand from the other posts that after the written application they will do the background and papershift. Alex

  7. sharan
    Started by sharan,

    Hey all, Spoke to West Midlands recruitment today and received confirmation that I have passed the paper sift. I know it's only a small hurdle in the whole recruitment process but I am so over the moon....woohooo!!!! I was told that the next possible available date for the assessment centre is in Sept. So that gives me about 4 months to prepare.

  8. Jim T
    Started by Jim T,

    Hi Everyone, Can anyone give me some advice on the background checks and vetting. I have applied for West Mids and am currently having my background checks carried out. This seems to have been going on for ages, I know no one from my family have ever been in trouble so i am puzzled to why it is taking so long should i be worried?? I have been informed that the persons i nominated as character references have been contacted but dont know if that is a good sign or not. Would these persons have been contacted if i had failed my background checks?? I would appreciate any comments as my work is currently asking for anyone who is willing t…

    • 1 reply
    • 658 views
  9. Tammy
    Started by Tammy,

    Hi th everyone I passed the PIRT test still in shock thankyou for all your help. TAMARA.

  10. Timbo797
    Started by Timbo797,

    Hi guys, I've got my assessment day tomorrow, and have to say the nerves are getting to me a little! Doing some last minute cramming and trying to get the interview answers set. Anyone got any last minute tips or advice? Any one going to the met day tomorrow as well? Tim

    • 3 replies
    • 399 views
  11. halifaxguy
    Started by halifaxguy,

    hi just a quick question... how long after the fitness test is the medical?? as iam hoping to go on holiday after my fitnes but do not want to miss a medical date.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.7k views
  12. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    Anyone applied to Merseyside? Anyone got any idea when assessments will be?

    • 1 reply
    • 401 views
    Mongoose1546620082
  13. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    Hi everyone, i'm starting 4th August West Mids, thought we could all message from this link if you start at the same time.

    • 1 reply
    • 441 views
  14. peterg
    Started by peterg,

    Hi, Was just wondering if anyone reading this is starting in Herts on June 16th? I am and am interested if there is anyone who is interested in car sharing? Good way to split the costs and do our bit for the environment! lol If there's anyone who's interested then let me know! Cheers, Pete

    • 0 replies
    • 308 views
  15. roshbosh
    Started by roshbosh * ,

    Hi, Does anyone have any tips for studying for reconvention. Although tulliallan is up in the air at the moment, my own force do a mock reconvention back at force which is scarily only a few weeks away. any assistance would be much appreciated x

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.