Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. halifaxguy
    Started by halifaxguy,

    Hi i was just wondering if anyone has got their fitness test for GMP on the 27th May at 5 pm. if so what are you planning on wearing? also have you heard of the dates of the medical and also the possible start date? thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 153 views
  2. NeilW
    Started by NeilW,

    Hi I attended the A/C in Ryton last month, I have just received a letter saying that the Fitness Test will now be after October, this seems like a long wait to me? Does anybody who has applied to Wiltshire know anymore about this?

    • 2 replies
    • 385 views
  3. Andi1546620193
    Started by Andi1546620193,

    Just found out that i've passed my assessment at Ryton on the 2 April on my first attempt with 78% I'm well chuffed and a bit surprised to be honest. I was sure I failed! Bring on the fittness and medical. Does anyone know if Wiltshire have a formal interview?

    • 17 replies
    • 887 views
    Andi1546620193
  4. smudger1546081044
    Started by smudger1546081044,

    Afternoon everyone. This is my first post. I am after a bit of help and advice with reagrds to transferring from the Met to Northumbria. I am currently a Core Team officer in East London and have been since joining 7 years ago. My wife and I have decided to Northumbria over this year and I am in the process of putting in my initial application which I hope is successful. If anyone here currently works in Northumbria I would like to speak about all aspects of Policing and life in general from the places to live (and avoid) to schools and what life on team is actually like. Many thanks Andy

  5. bonjovi
    Started by bonjovi,

    I am currently waiting for my start date for Hants Police. I passed my medical and did all the paper work nearly 2 months ago and still havnt received a start date yet. I was told that there will be a course in March and then May. Is any one in the same situation or does anyone have a idea when the actual course dates are or when they may issude the start dates. Many thanks

    • 29 replies
    • 5.9k views
    Nicola1546620137
  6. chrisking73
    Started by chrisking73,

    Just looked on my credit report and the police service have done a seach to see if i am finacially sound. Is this generally the last part of the vetting process? I mean like have they done al the other parts and does this mean they are close to formalising my offer? Regards Chris

    • 3 replies
    • 522 views
  7. Olly1546619913
    Started by Olly1546619913,

    Hi, I'm from Dorset, I like the area so would like to join locally. However I've noticed other board topics stating the difficulties getting into the force as there are already serving officers wanting to transfer from outside. As a result, especially being a relatively small force anyway, Dorset, unofficially, has high standards as they have the 'pick of the bunch' and rarely need to recruit. I've rang Dorset and they've stated they will possibly next recruit in November. I was wondering if actually applying from the local area puts you in an advantageous position over those applying from further afield. I've been considering TVP as they recruit higher numbers and mor…

    • 3 replies
    • 407 views
  8. Timbo797
    Started by Timbo797,

    Hello everyone, Just got confirmation that my Day one assessment is on Friday 9th May, now it hits home! lol Anyone else got theirs on this date or coming up soon? Tim

    • 1 reply
    • 405 views
  9. jon_sc1546620200
    Started by jon_sc1546620200 * ,

    Was wondering if anyone can offer me any advice. On the 'about your family' section of the form, I put my mum's date and place of birth on the box below, where it refers to stepmother (I didn't look where I was writing!) I have neatly crossed this out with a single line, but I was wondering if I will be penalised for that, or even have the form rejected because of it? Or should I ring up and ask for a new form? I have heard that forces are ruthless when it comes to application forms so that is why i'm concerned!

    • 2 replies
    • 276 views
  10. playuk
    Started by playuk,

    Found out my grades for the papersift stage earlier than expected, what a plesant suprise! passed with an overall grade higher than 75% of applicants! Friends that live in the same postcode area as me have not recieved their letters yet, strange... So yea! now eagerly awaiting my briefing and AC.... Which stage of the process does the nutorious waiting game apply to? is it the AC date?

    • 5 replies
    • 293 views
  11. Gooner85
    Started by Gooner85,

    I noticed alot of people ask questions on the final vetting ( me included )..... So I phoned recruitment on Tuesday and the recruitment guy told me.... The ctc takes approximately 6weeks providing it runs smoothly. CTC is the basic of security checks. It goes in order of CTC (Counter Terrorism Check is a check against security records to allow you to work within close proximity to public figures at particular risk of attack by terrorists.) BC (Basic Check is a check against the national collection or criminal records and relevant departmental and police records) SC (Security Check which gives you unrestricted access to Secret info) DV (Developed Vetting which give…

  12. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    On the form as I am sure you are aware there is a section with regards to Financial Information and with withdrawal of a credit facility. I need to put some information in with regards to this, however there is no instruction to continue on a seperate sheet, somewhat strange as the box is tiny. I am going to put this information on another sheet and attach it to the form and assume there isn't a problem surrounding this. Is this likely to be an issue ? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 397 views
  13. OfficerBen
    Started by OfficerBen,

    What are peoples experiences with recruitment for Suffolk police? I will be applying for the regulars soon but I also want to apply for the specials with Essex - incase my Suffolk application is unsuccessful I want to be a Special for some time, can I do this? Also does anyone know how they favour applicants with regards to their locations, as I currently live in Essex, so if I apply for Suffolk would this hinder my application?

    • 1 reply
    • 822 views
    FlyWonderCat
  14. chrisking73
    Started by chrisking73,

    Hey, does anyone know when you should expect your formal offer of employment? I mean like how long after you get your conditional offer. I am due to start in June 9th but have to give a months notice (you do the maths) Should i ring recruitment on Tuesday morning? Also after you get your formal offer does that mean your in for definate? Thanks guys

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
    chrisking73
  15. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    ...if I do make one...what's the best option? neat tippex or a line through a wrong word?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.