Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. stu077
    Started by stu077,

    Does anybody have any suggestions for any pre course learning that will help take the edge of all the studying?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
    victormeldrew
  2. BertBertBert
    Started by BertBertBert,

    Hey, Recently had my home visit from the police after waiting over a year, but thankfully now things are moving fast and il be getting my date for my final interview soon. Just wondering if anyone could give any advice on wat to expect? im kinda guessing its gonna be a lot about myself and scenario based questions etc, as the 1st two interviews, really focused on ur knowledge of the job and wat to expect! Am i rite in thinking this or is it as much a mixture as the 1st 2?? Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 266 views
  3. Andy86
    Started by Andy86,

    Hi all, Just got back from my Hampshire A/C, feel pretty drained now! I felt I done well in the role plays, but not so good in the interview, as I only spoke for a couple of minutes for each question. But will have to wait for up to four weeks for the results. Andy

    • 12 replies
    • 614 views
  4. Park Lane
    Started by Park Lane,

    Hi everyone, a noob here! (sorry for another new thread on what's probably been covered a million times before!) I've got my assessment day (as a reg) on Thursday next week and feel that my preparation has been pretty good so far. However, the one thing that I'm still slightly concerned about are the interview questions. I realise people who have already gone through the process can't say what the questions were, but I'm wondering whether they will be straight competencey questions like in the application form, or whether they will also include things like "if you were in a situation where.......what would you do?". Feeling pretty good about the whole thing (the nerves …

    Ross1546620138
  5. Calder27
    Started by Calder27,

    Anyone around here currently/recently involved in the application process for L&B Police? Would be interested to know the current time scale involved in the application process. Thanks in advance

    • 4 replies
    • 789 views
  6. Karenlm1988
    Started by Karenlm1988,

    I applied to Strathclyde police back in March and I have a date for my SETs and initial fitness test in July. A few months later my other half decided to apply and due to my having to put back my SETs (it was put forward from August to June but I had to put it back to July again) we are only a week apart in the recruitment process. I was wondering if there would be any issues with a couple working in the same force and possibly even being in the same training group. Because we dont live at the same address neither of us are mentioned on the others application form. K x

  7. Gerd
    Started by Gerd,

    A search for bleep test would not answer my question so ner! I downloaded a 20M bleep test from the link below. I was lead to believe that level 5.4 on the bleep test will take 3.40 minutes. On this download you are up nearer 4.40 minutes of run time. http://www.runtheplanet.com/trainingracing...g/bleeptest.asp So is this bleep test the real deal? I would like to use it in future and want to make sure it's accurate so my expectations are correct either way. Cheers

  8. darlo blue
    Started by darlo blue,

    Passed my re-joining interview on tuesday for Cleveland!! subject to medical next week, im back on the beat, YES!!!!

  9. clarksonrob
    Started by clarksonrob,

    Just got a leter back from WMP,saying I've passed the paper sift but won't be given an AC date until early 2009,I sent my application form off just before christmas,so it seems like a long wait for an AC date,anybody else had the same letter? is this standard practice for WMP?Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 138 views
  10. SEED
    Started by SEED,

    anyone out there for re-assurance, ive just this minute got back from a/c and feel good and bad, i dont know how well ive done but i need some kind of assurance my question is when i did the role plays i ddnt solve the issue/complaint also in both my written i didnt manage to finish the memo and proposal however i feel my interview was a breeze, any suggestions or have i dropped a clanger any ideas would be helpfull. or do i have to wait another 6 months.

    • 3 replies
    • 175 views
  11. dalec
    Started by dalec,

    Good Afternoon Ladies & Gents! I've only just joined this forum which I've got to say is brilliant! really good info ect. ect. The main purpose of my post is to find out what level you need to go up to on the police BLEEP TEST. Any information would be ace! Enjoy the sunshine! DaleC

  12. george_2oo8
    Started by george_2oo8,

    Hi everyone I was just wondering if anyone can help me I got my results back from A/C on monday for PCSO. I was wondering about making an appeal because it doesnt seem right. I had to get the below marks to pass: Overall Score: 50% Respect for race and diversity: 50% Oral Communication: 50% Written Communication: 33% These are my marks below: Overall score: 55% Respect for race and diversity: 73% Oral Communication: 100% Written communication: 0% I was told by the police recruitment team that I failed because I had done a couple of spelling mistakes in my written exercises,but I just dont understand why I got no marks at all for written communication. I was thi…

    • 2 replies
    • 589 views
  13. chrisking73
    Started by chrisking73,

    Just thought i would let you guys know i got my final offer today!! Just a quick question... why do i have to give a DNA sample when i start it says something about the police elimination database... chris

    • 3 replies
    • 544 views
  14. goughy1546620133
    Started by goughy1546620133,

    I am in the process of sending off my application pack! i am just wondering that my girlfriend has a relation to someone who has a criminal record. What are the chances of this affecting my chances of getting in in the security checks. There is a chance we are going to get married at some later stage. Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 553 views
  15. Adie
    Started by Adie,

    Hi guys. I have been reading the forum for a while but it is my first post. I have just applied to the Thames Valley Police. Does anyone know how many positions they are looking to fill this year and how long does it take to go through the recruitment process with them. I have heard they are pretty swift. Is there anyone with any experience of applying through them.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.