Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dan22
    Started by dan22,

    Well, just got back from my medical, passed blood pressure etc, i could feel me heart pounding as she was putting sleeve on, and I got a mark that was high ish by normal standards, but that is because of the stress of the test!! I was referred on my hearing, my right ear was ok ish, but left was not, I play the drums in a band and have done for years, and I've protected my ears with foam plugs, which have pushed wax further and further back!! The two nurses had never seen anything like it! They even asked if i could hear them alright!! Ha The Doc passed me as fit due to the explanation and the fact i have syringing pending, but i have to go back in 3 months, whether I'…

    • 2 replies
    • 263 views
  2. KentOfficer
    Started by KentOfficer * ,

    Hi, I am looking to speak to any officers who have transferred from a Home Officer Force to the Ministry Of Defence Police Force. Hopefully there are some of you about!! Regards Kent Officer

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi I submitted my medical at the time of my A/C in Feb, i'm still waiting for my security form to be processed. In the mean time i've realised that i never mentioned that i have flat feet on my form. They have never been an issue and only came up when my mum noticed and took me to the doc when i was young (about 12-13 ish), i was refered to a specialist and had some insoles for my school shoes. I never got on with them and never wore them. My feet have never been a problem i do a half marathon every other weekend as well as plenty of other exereicisng and i'm always on my feet with work i also do hundreds of miles of driving a week and they have never caused me any probl…

    • 1 reply
    • 169 views
  4. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    Has anyone recently had a Cheshire medical at Mediscreen? Did you have an eyetest there or was it just a form from th opticians? Any information would be greatly appreciated

    • 3 replies
    • 727 views
    Daveycrocket
  5. Humperz8
    Started by Humperz8,

    Had my reply fro LBP today, failed the paper sift , written to ask for details but absolutly gutted!

    • 1 reply
    • 586 views
  6. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I knew my father (who left when I was 5 and I havent seen at all for 15 years) had done something a bit dodgy at one point but I asked my mum about it today. Apparantly he got a suspended sentence back in the mid 70's (before I was born) for stealing money from an arcade where he worked. Bearing in mind this is a fairly minor crime, it was more han 30 years ago and I dont have any contact with the man, do you think this will affect my application at the vetting stage?

    Times_champion
  7. dan22
    Started by dan22,

    I'm 6'2" and 13 stone, my BMI is 22 ish I am quite slim, but quite strong, I want to know people oppinions on whether being build like a Rugby player helps, I am more than prepared to buy protein shakes, etc and put in hard work, but is it worth it or helpful, I dont know but I get the impression that being a bit of a cart horse is benificial in most situations.... I also wouldn't mind having mirror muscles and the ultimate 'beach bod'....ha ha! Cheers in advance! dan22

  8. bonjovi
    Started by bonjovi,

    Is it true that you get passed in and given your Warrant Card on the Thursday of week one? Ta

    jemz1546620088
  9. WF.NWP
    Started by WF.NWP,

    Hello everyone, I have my assessment centre on the 26th – I wasn’t expecting the paper sift to be done so quickly – within 1 month, which has meant the time between the submission of my application from to assessment centre will have only been 6 weeks! So I’m trying to cram now, not too confident I’ll do that well (esp since I have an Open Uni assignment due in 2 days before!), but it’s my first go so what the heck! I have 2 questions to put to the floor really: Interviews – as far as I can tell the process for my force is: Paper-sift - Assessment centre – Medical – Fitness Test – Welsh Test – Security/References – Appointment. There doesn’t s…

  10. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I have mentioned a few times on here a financial issue which could affect my current application to GMP. Basically I had some financial probs last year and realised I couldnt keep up payments on credit cards and loans. Due to this I got the help of a financial advisor who set up payment plans with all companies (not an IVA)when I applied in december GMP asked for details of this which I sent them and they said I was OK to move on, since then I have passed the a/c and am waiting for an interview date. In the last couple of months 2 companies have for some reason sold the debt on to new collection agencies who will not accept the pplan I had set up so at the moment I am sor…

    • 1 reply
    • 507 views
  11. iinatalieii
    Started by iinatalieii,

    Hi Guys, Just wondering if anyone has had their pack through yet?? I can't wait to get it to see whats inside. Also has anyone been told their division or have you been told to wait until the introduction evening on the 7th? If you haven't been told, found out that our allocated holidays for this year are a week off 23rd August and a week off 1st December (then its onto shifts over Christmas...GREAT!!) Let me know if you hear anything....I've got 7 more days left in work until I start...YEH!!!

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
    simon france
  12. TheTron
    Started by TheTron,

    Evening all, Due to go on my A/C next week and have a slight query about the competency interview! Is it advisable to have more than one example prepared for the four competency's they look at, or can you get through with just one example prepared?! Any help or advise from you seasoned pro's would be excellent!

    • 1 reply
    • 153 views
  13. DeanSC
    Started by DeanSC,

    Found out today, I failed. Don't know to what extent yet as I haven't recieved the letter (I rang them). Dean

  14. ady1966
    Started by ady1966,

    Hi, Just wondered if anyone on this forum is starting with Norfolk Police on 27th May. They are doing my last minute checks and looking in to where I will be based at the moment, but, all being well its T- 17 days and counting Cheers Ady

    • 0 replies
    • 348 views
  15. User12345678
    Started by User12345678 +,

    Hi, my son ha receivd a letter today from xxx constabulary saying that they are unable to proceed with his application for a special constable, but it states that due to the confidential nature of the enquiries they can not give a reason for ejection! How can somebody know why they have been rejected if they dont tell him the reason it seems bizarre. Anybody been in a similar position?

    • 3 replies
    • 724 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.