Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mrs Chalky
    Started by Mrs Chalky,

    Hello all, I'm hoping someone can offer me some info. I have just passed my final interview for Hampshire and am currently waiting for my medical. I have read a few topics on here with regards to where you are based. Do you get to put in any preferences or do they just allocate you an OCU regardless? I only ask 'cos if my medical is all groovy (should be) then I will be relocating from Somerset. My other half is in the forces and is based in Plymouth, so I would prefer to be in Western as it's easier for him to travel from there. Obviously I know that when I applied it said that I could be based anywhere, which I am prepared for. Just thought that I read somewhere tha…

    • 3 replies
    • 711 views
    Tim in the South
  2. 207XH
    Started by 207XH,

    I am almost 5 years in the Met and have decided to move back to Scotland, specifically Strathclyde Police for family issues. Has anyone ever did this? I am more or less wanting to know about timescales, interviews and anything that pops into your heads. Cheers big Ears.......................

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  3. halifaxguy
    Started by halifaxguy,

    hi when are the intakes for the next gmp probation training? im hoping to pass my fitness and medical in may so any1 got any ideas?

    • 5 replies
    • 916 views
    mikes1546620199
  4. pk850
    Started by pk850,

    for anyone joining up police or any other emergency service or armed service, there is a downloadable beep test on the royal marines recruitment web page. It is enabled for i tunes as well as an MP3 player, so you won't have to buy the test because its on there for free happy training

  5. playuk
    Started by playuk,

    hi, just wondered what this meeting prior to the AC entails?

    • 1 reply
    • 420 views
  6. bigman999
    Started by bigman999 * ,

    Hello i am desperate to become a policeman and make a difference. It is something that i feel will have much more importance than any other job i could ever hope for. Also i have one other aim in life, to move to Australia. Its a tricky subject so was hoping someone could help me. I have read about a need for policeman in australia and the fact that they are looking for policeman from Great Britain. If i were to train as a policeman in England, when would the earliest time i would be able to transfer to australia? also when you join the police and finish your two years probation period, do you then have a chance to leave if it isn't quite the job you thought it would…

  7. bigndaft858
    Started by bigndaft858,

    I'm currently going through my application for Lincs, I recently heard a rumour (damn those little birdies!) that Grantham is not exactly a good choice to go for. I was just wondering if this is true? If so why? Also if anybody is going through some part of the recruiment process in Lincs it would be cool to know how your getting on and vice versa. bigndaft858@hotmail.co.uk

  8. Superdon
    Started by Superdon,

    Just got my AC results and been asked to go for a pre-medical screening with an OT in a couple of weeks. I have to take the security, medical, eyesight and employment forms with me. What else happens at this appointment? Any ideas how long it may take and exactly what I will need to do. Its West Mercia by the way.

    • 4 replies
    • 441 views
  9. ManchesterKathy1546620192
    Started by ManchesterKathy1546620192,

    Hi I applied to Greater Manchester Police at the end of January and still havent' heard anything back. Do the recruiters wait until the deadline (31st March) then asess the application forms or do they get looked at as they are submitted? I was advised it would take a while before I'd find out if i've passed the first stage of recruitment but would appreciate it if someone could give me an idea of how much longer I should expet to wait. Cheers

    • 8 replies
    • 1.6k views
    ManchesterKathy1546620192
  10. 99_redballoons
    Started by 99_redballoons,

    Hi all, Currently undergoing background checks for the Met, having passed the medical over a month back. Thing is, since submitting the medical forms, I've had to take a few days off sick, after putting my back out in the gym (I wouldn't mind so much if it was when I was lifting the weight, it was putting the bloody thing back that did it!). My back is fine now, and although not ideal, I'm still within the required limit for how many sick days I can have before joining. So the question is, should I be getting in touch with recruitment asap to let them know about these sick dates?

    • 2 replies
    • 204 views
  11. Hopefully!
    Started by Hopefully!,

    Has anyone received their A/C results from WMP yet?! Im rubbish at waiting!!!

    • 8 replies
    • 276 views
    Times_champion
  12. phil381546620193
    Started by phil381546620193,

    Within a week or 2 I shall apply to central scotland(the smallest force in UK, I think!).But before I do it,could someone clarify me on: -My application form seems to be different from what I have read so far! it look much straight forward.(personal particulars, family personals,education,employment,driving, referees...) but no questions such as - why have you apply to ...which research have you...does it means that we will be ask for it later ? - are the a/c exercises compare to england and wales police differents? and what should I expect to do on the day. Thanks, phil38

    • 1 reply
    • 540 views
  13. halifaxguy
    Started by halifaxguy,

    so wat actually happens in the medical?

    • 1 reply
    • 219 views
  14. Mark_647
    Started by Mark_647,

    Received them this Saturday., from WEST MERCIA police. Very relived - just scraped it with 64% - but hey !!! I was physically shaking whilst opening it !!!! Dreaded the letter !! Thankyou so much for all of your help, it is greatly appreciated. The tips I received on here were excellent !!! I feel so much lighter now !!!! Thankyou again, Mark !!!!! :smiley_notworthy:

  15. chops11
    Started by chops11,

    Does anyone know of an internet site that shows escort moves and handcuffing techniques. Im currently training to be a full time constable and want to practice at home but would like to have something to refer to so I know im doing it right! Any help would be appreciated.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.