Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. awjross
    Started by awjross,

    I have not trawled though all the threads so apologies if this has been asked before. When I go to Stores to get kitted out, what will I be issued with. I am more interested in the number of Trousers and Shirts issued, but a full kit list would be nice :-) Thanks

  2. johnuk4
    Started by johnuk4,

    Hi everyone, In the last stages now as have a start date etc. The only worry is the vetting ctc form that i sent off. This form requires you to put the last 5 years worth of addresses down, and as i have been a student the number is quite large. I put all down with dates to the best of my knowledge, however my first year flat i didn't know what flat number it was. I couldn't find this anywhere, but managed to find the building number e.g. 17 st peters rd. Do you think they will fail me on this because i didn't put flat 5, 17 st peters rd or do you think they will be ok with this? Also do the date have to be exact or roughly ok, as i didn't really keep a record of all of…

    • 2 replies
    • 619 views
  3. wannabecop1546620180
    Started by wannabecop1546620180,

    Hi folks just a quick question! Im waiting for a start date for west midlands police. At the moment im a lorry driver earning £25000 per year, also i do discos and karaoke nights on the weekend which earns me about another £5000 a year.I understand that i will be taking a pay cut from my regular job but does anybody know if i will have to give up the karaoke nights. Its not just the money im worried about, its really more of a hobby. Thanks for your help JASE*********

    • 14 replies
    • 2.5k views
  4. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    anyone thought they had a got a Dreaded D mark in Respect for Race and Diversity during the assessment? i think i have so i need you stories to ease my worrys! thanks in advance

    • 8 replies
    • 603 views
  5. DannyBoy86
    Started by DannyBoy86,

    Hi all, I have recently passed my assessment centre for Dorset and have been given my provisional start date. I write to ask for any advice or information. I was involved in a car crash 4 years ago where I was driving and hit another vehicle. A successful claim was made by the other party against my insurance (which was in my father's name) but there were no criminal proceedings and the police said the accident was 'knock for knock'. In short, I was wondering if this will be brought up in my background checks and if so, could it potentially terminate my application? any help gratefully recieved.

    • 1 reply
    • 388 views
    jemz1546620088
  6. christiani
    Started by christiani * ,

    Hey everyone. I graduated from Brunel University in July '06 after doing a Music degree there. Unfortunely, throughout my time at uni I suffered very badly from what was eventually diagnosed as Crohn's disease. After two operations, I am am finally able to work again, and am about to start a job at my supermarket. I have a 2:2 degree in Music (BA Hons), which would have been a 2:1 if I was able to finish my dissertation properly (was unable to complete properly because of the BIG Crohn's problems at the time), and wondered if there are any opportunities that would be available to me in the police? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

  7. clipper
    Started by clipper,

    Has anyone recently transferred to Hampshire? I am currently looking at moving, and would appreciate any hep at all.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  8. Hopefully!
    Started by Hopefully!,

    Hiya, I am waiting to find out if I have passed my WMP A/C but have changed my mind on where I would like to be based as I currently live in Nottingham. If I pass is it possible to transfer my results over to Nottingham?? Thanks! :-)

    • 1 reply
    • 211 views
  9. bluemagpie23
    Started by bluemagpie23 * ,

    I know that Leicestershire do, but can anyone help for the others? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 976 views
  10. derby_lass
    Started by derby_lass,

    Hi, i've been reading this forum for a while now, and found it very useful throughout my application process, however i've now hit a snag in my recruitment process and wondered if anyone could give me any useful advice? Basically i applied for Derbyshire constabulary back in July last year and have successfully completed my assessmant centre, fitness test, drug test, medical and security vetting with no problems (so i was told). After a couple of calls to recruitment, i have been advised that my medical details have been passed on to their medical advisor for the "purposes of the police pension" and that i should be getting a start date as soon as he clears me as fit. I …

  11. Murray1546620195
    Started by Murray1546620195,

    Hey, I had a read through the application form and found this pasted from it. Try to recall an occasion when you have challenged someone’s behaviour that was bullying, discriminatory or insensitive. Do not use an example where the other person was simply angry or upset. Their behaviour must have been bullying, discriminatory or insensitive. You will be assessed in this question on how positively you acted, and on how well you understood what had happened. I wondered what to put if I haven't had this experience. Would I perhaps put down the closest thing to it experienced, and mention that it was the nearest experience to it? Also...When applying, do I send in my appli…

    • 6 replies
    • 389 views
  12. playuk
    Started by playuk,

    Hi Sent off my application mid march and have recieved a letter saying i will be contacted on 5th may regarding the next step. Just wondering if there is any1 else here that has applied and waiting on the next step! The wait is killing me! and its only been 2 months! Ive just come out of uni also so have opted for the HPDS, not sure if i should of tho as im in no rush for a desk job!

    • 4 replies
    • 587 views
    Times_champion
  13. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    think i said something that wasnt meant the way it was interepted or do i just have the blues...im sure i messed up! what results in a D for rrd? please make me feel better!

    • 2 replies
    • 281 views
  14. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    basically just out of my assessment.... hoping for no D's think i messed up.....

    • 1 reply
    • 343 views
  15. djnickwatt
    Started by djnickwatt,

    I'm currently trying to prepare myself for the written proposal exercies which are part of the assessment centre. I was just wondering whether anyone had any examples which I could use to practise. Thanks Nick

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.