Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. martynbrennan1
    Started by martynbrennan1,

    Just wanting some advice with regards to the best course of action to take. I am 18 at the moment and currently working full time for a bank, the police however has always been my ambition! I am considering doing a 4 year degree course in criminology for which i have been accepted. I want any advice basically saying if this would be worthwhile or not! i would be 23 when the course finishes. So my questions are basically, should i not go and just apply when im 21 ( i need laser eye surgery and i know that i require some life expeirience) or should i go and complete my degree course and then apply afterwards? Any coments would be very welcome.

  2. MuttonJeff
    Started by MuttonJeff,

    Anyone starting with Lothian & Borders in March? I have just passed my final interview, and am in subject to medical which is tomorrow morning.

  3. dch3lj
    Started by dch3lj,

    Can anyone give me some pointers on the interview section of the assessment day after the SET and the fitness tests. Thanks

  4. TumTum
    Started by TumTum,

    I was just wondering does anyone know, If the Ministry Of Defence Police have different fitness requirements than Regular Police, or do they both have the same physical requirements? As i can't find anything on Google about it.

  5. holdmyfinger
    Started by holdmyfinger,

    well I finally sent my application for L&B a few days ago and I have commenced my training. Does anybody know how long it'll be before I get my first correspondence? anybody else applied recently?

  6. MM17
    Started by MM17,

    hi i applied for the gmp force in august 2007, i have now gone through all the stages of the recruitment process, i had my fitness on 23rd april which i passed, on the weekend a received a letter dated 24th april which stated that after the gmp had done rigorous checks they regret to inform me that i can not become a student officer. i am very confused because no one in my family has any criminal or financial background, also my brother works in the council and every 3 years they do the same checks with him and he passes all the time, im very confused does anyone have any advise for me. i was told before my fitness from the recruitment unit everything was running smoot…

    Times_champion
  7. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    Hello all, I know that this may have been done to death but just so I can get a clear answer so I know what is what would be great. Financial Vetting - What are they looking for ? I have no CCJ's I am not Bankrupt, I have an OD with a bank, which is over its limit (however working with them to sort this out) a couple of credit cards, currently being paid monthly. Is there anything here that could trip me up ? If so please highlight it for me. Thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Times_champion
  8. Timbo797
    Started by Timbo797,

    Hi guys, Sorry if this is repeated, i've looked through but couldn't find anything specific. I'm applying for the met and still awaiting my day one. I went to the initial recruitment event on November 1st, submitted my application just before Xmas and had confirmation of passing the sift in Jan. Now waiting for Day One date. Is anyone in the same shoes as me? Also, has anyone just gone through the Met Day One and got any hints/tips? What is it like? Cheers, Tim

  9. Andi1546620193
    Started by Andi1546620193,

    Hi Guys & Gals Anyone heard when the fitness and medical for Wiltshire will be?

    • 3 replies
    • 152 views
    Andi1546620193
  10. ScotlandBoy
    Started by ScotlandBoy,

    I'm planning to apply to Grampian very soon and have a few questions. Firstly, are there any key points that Grampian are looking for on the Additional Information Questionnaire? Also, how soon after sending in the application forms am i likely to hear if i'm onto the next stage, as i'm away for 2 weeks in march. Secondly, there seem to be a number of books and DVDs available so assist in application forms and recruitment - which is the most useful one? And finally, any other useful information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 497 views
  11. Louise0106
    Started by Louise0106,

    Okay, iv looked on the Central Scotland Police website and got from it that you have to do; press-ups, stomach crunches (both 'til exhaustion) a 100m Sprint, and a 1 1/2 mile run in as fast a time as you can. I was wondering though if anybody could tell me how many stomach crunches and press-ups they would look for you to manage? At the moment I can do about 60 press-ups and 100 stomach crunches both at a steady pace, but i've no idea what number I should be aiming for. As for the mile and a half run.. I'm going to have to really train for that, I was under the impression that it should be in under 12 minutes however i'v been told that its less than that. so if anybody…

  12. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    Good luck to all those going through the process with West Mids as i am (physical tomorrow and i'm done, fingers crossed!). If anyone has not submitted their application pack, you have a short time to submit it as recruitment has no closed for police officers. Good luck everyone, assualt course, push pull here i come.

    • 2 replies
    • 559 views
  13. steveo9161546620191
    Started by steveo9161546620191 * ,

    Hi does anybody know what the guidelines are for recruitment when it comes to things like Asthma. I was diagnosed with it at the age of 9. Since about 18 months ago, i have not needed to use an inhaler at all and can participate in my very active and physical tasks without any problems.

  14. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Do you have to learn the definitions word for word or can you learn them in your own words? If they have to be learned word for word where is the best place to get them from prior to training commencing? Thanks.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. HarryWestMids
    Started by HarryWestMids,

    hey just a quick question.. for the 7 ICF questions in the pre enrollment workbook, do you just state 2 positive/developmental factors or expand on them aswell, as it dosnt make it clear! all help will be appreciated!

    • 5 replies
    • 946 views
    HarryWestMids

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.