Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. darlo blue
    Started by darlo blue,

    Hi, Im new to this forum. I am an ex police officer who left the service in early 2007 and quicly realised that was a "BIG" mistake. Anyhow, to cut a long story short, i have a uniform fitting and re-joining interview next week with my old Constabulary and am curious to see if anyone on this forum has been through a re-joining interview and if so what was there expierence of it. Thanks lady's and gents.

    • 2 replies
    • 123 views
  2. Sammi40
    Started by Sammi40,

    Hi There, Im new on here, just wondered if anyone has recently applied to Suffolk if so would be great to hear from you. I am a bit worried about the fitness tests but i have been going to the gym now for the last 3 months in order to prepare for the endurance tests but I dont know whether what Im training in the gym is what they require for the tests I have my own personal programme which has included the treadmill,cross trainer,leg extensions,leg press,hips back,lowback,lat pull down reverse grip,seated row,chest press,abdominal leg raises and I spend about 2 hrs a day 3/4 a week. The personal trainer was aware that Im hoping to join but I just feel Im not covering wha…

  3. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=a9zNgGjuKHU Makes you think...

  4. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    I have my uniform fitting in may, do i have to take anything away with me till my start date or is it just as the name suggests, just getting my measurements? I have very little room in my car and would rather not lug boxes of clothes about :)

    • 23 replies
    • 3k views
  5. sussex_cop
    Started by sussex_cop,

    So you have your new uniform, and then you look down at your stiff crunchy black patrol boots. Yikes!!! You need to get them to a mirror shine. How do we do it??? Please no short cuts.

  6. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    its been over 2 weeks and no results. should i call them and ask for it?

    • 12 replies
    • 344 views
    Times_champion
  7. Martin11546620194
    Started by Martin11546620194 * ,

    Hi all i'm due to be on the june intake so i'm told, but still waiting on the formal letter. My concern is that i'm now 42 and having some doubts about going in now...main reason being i've been out of the education system for so long and my highest qyulification being an Access certificate years ago. Not sure if i will cope with all the uni work and the paper work in the job. Not too concerned about how i will cope on the street as i will just have to stand my ground and be as professional as possible. Any assistance or experiences from you regs would be great.

    • 4 replies
    • 428 views
  8. Top of the World
    Started by Top of the World,

    Guten tag (that means hello right? Or is it good morning?) Anyway, i don't know wether you can release this information, but say i applied and got through to the bit where they do the whole array of background checks on you, what would those checks involve? I'm curious because i feel like with the phrase "Background Check" it sounds like they'll get in touch with MI5 and see what you had for breakfast 4 years ago. Are they that extensive? (Not to MI5 standards, that was a joke) Phank you.

    • 4 replies
    • 606 views
    Top of the World
  9. dcrugby
    Started by dcrugby * ,

    hi guys, just a general query, in december I applied for Lincs police but my application wasn't marked because of my sickness record. I received a letter stating that I was "free to apply to lincs police as an officer if they were recruiting again" They didn't mention anything about the standard 6 month period, they are now recruiting again and obviously I want to apply, what do you think? Thanks for any help... D

    • 7 replies
    • 938 views
    Solskjaer20
  10. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    Had medical yesterday 24th April. Passed.

    • 5 replies
    • 289 views
  11. Tony22
    Started by Tony22,

    I have one copy of THE POLICE SELECTION PROCESS by Ian Hutchison, if anybody wants it. I;ll post it you, so just PM with relevant details! :)

    • 1 reply
    • 216 views
    dellboydave *
  12. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    Hello all Firstly I have tried contacting Met recruiting, however the phone rings on and on and on so I thought I would see if anyone on here had any ideas before I try them again in a few hours. I have received my application pack through the post - I am going to assume that the date it has to be in is by the 7th May - as this is written at the bottom of the first page. Does anyone know i.e heard it from the source what the projected recruitment times will be from that period - only reason is I am planning a trip to America in November and before I shell out on a ticket - I would like to make sure I won't miss out on any part of the application process due to being …

    • 20 replies
    • 1.7k views
  13. kester1546080880
    Started by kester1546080880,

    just another one of those niggling questions that eat away at you from a friend of mine who wants to get into met. He has downloaded the forms to fill in and the met one states that it should be double sided to save paper. however the logistics of this are complex and would be rather expensive. is anyone able to confirm that this is just something that they would like and not a requirement. im sure it wouldn't be required but you never know

    • 4 replies
    • 486 views
    kester1546080880
  14. low0003
    Started by low0003,

    Hi everyone! Starting with West Mids on 23rd June. Just waiting for my induction pack as well as to be called for my uniform fitting (next few weeks I hope) and have my Induction Seminar on 28th May to see where I will be based. Anyone else starting then? Danni

    • 4 replies
    • 814 views
    Garf1546620142
  15. chrisking73
    Started by chrisking73,

    spoke to recruitment today as am still awaiting a formal offer but they have said that i will have to just hand my notice in without one!

    chrisking73

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.