Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Superdon
    Started by Superdon,

    Just been to the doctors to ask a few questions about my medical form. During the appointment I then realised, I went to the docs last year because I was having some stresses at work/home. We just had a chat at that time, no treatment or medication took place. The doctor said if I said nothing about this, he would not say anything either. But, he did say for integrity we should mention it. I do want to mention it, but not sure if it will cause any problems? Like I say, one visit, no treatment, no time off work, and all sorted. Any advice?

  2. Mikkyo
    Started by Mikkyo,

    Thats right they shaved two months off of my SET date, I'm now going in June. I ran outside to check incase it was raining fire and if the sky was falling, but all appeared normal. Anyone else had their times brought closer?

  3. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    This may seem a funny question, but i am due to start in August at West Mids on the 4th to be exact. I would like to leave work two weeks ish before then and take my remaining holiday in my final pay packet with my current employer. But... and it's a big but... i'll have bills ongoing as we all do, so i can't be without pay. I am guessing we have to work a month in arrears as you do in jobs, so this will ultimately decide when i can leave my current job. I was told 'have a good two or three weeks off!' (i think 2 is enough as i will already have had my summer hol) as the training is very intense and there is no break for 18 weeks. If anybody understands me, please help…

    david_kingscott
  4. uneaubaine
    Started by uneaubaine,

    Apologies in advance if this may come across as me being slightly thick.... I recieved my westshire pack today, and haven't put it down since & I've been studying before i even got my application form so give myself every chance i can, since reading the info in my pack today it mentions that you really need to learn the competencies - fair enough but the thing that i'm hung up on the moment is to me the core competencies don't actually come across as subjects to learn but actions you should do in day to day life anyway. I am the customer service representative for the company i work for and have to show these qualities in my job but i treat people in this way any…

  5. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    i have posted a few times on here about my financial situation, but basically I had some financial probs last year and arranged a payment plan through a financial adviser for credit cards, loans and overdraft. This payment plan has been running fine since october last year and I provided GMP with all the info and they said it was fine. In the last few weeks for some reason even though I have been paying the payment plan with no problem one scumbag credit card company (its goldfish - i would recommend everyone avoid them like the plague!) has opted to sell on 2 debts to a new agency, who suprise suprise do not accept any payment plans and demand the full amount. My financi…

    • 6 replies
    • 742 views
    Times_champion
  6. Ash1976
    Started by Ash1976,

    Hi, I have just been rejected at the final hurdle by my chosen force because I failed the vetting - I guess this must have been because I was Bound over for Affray 10 years ago. The problem i have is that i declared this right from the start, got through all the stages of recruitment (including vetting 1st time around)and because there was a delay on my start date of 1 year (due to the force having too many officers) I had to go through vetting again and failed 2nd time around when my circumstances haven't chnaged??? I am extremely annoyed and upset as I was due to start in 2 months and have handed in my notice at my current work, only to be let down like this. If I h…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I am currently waiting for a final interview date with GMP after which I will have my security vetting. I had some financial probs last year and arranged a payment plan with everyone I owed money to. This info was passed to GMP recruitment at their request during papersift and they passed me to continue. The problem is that 1 company are being very awkward and have called today to say it has been passed to a debt agency and that if I dont pay them the full amount (much more than i can afford) they will take legal action. I am calling my financial advisor tomorrow and hopefully he can sort the situation out and get them to accept the payment plan, but if not then doubtless…

    • 3 replies
    • 970 views
    Times_champion
  8. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    Got 3.03 out of 3.45 seconds, got the best out my group and 40 Kg on the push pull. :clapping:

  9. Charisma84
    Started by Charisma84,

    Hi..I've got my medical with Derbyshire this week..can anybody tell me what they will be checking and how they will go about doing it..i.e. what procedures/tests they carry out.Any help or info would be great..also anybody else at this stage with Derbyshire..?Thanks in advance.

    nobodyknows
  10. halifaxguy
    Started by halifaxguy,

    hello, i have got my fitness test for GMP in may. if i pass that i will have my ,medical!! i broke my finger really bad playing rugby in september, i had to have an operation on it. iam fully discharged from the hospital, but i keep thinking it will prevent me from joining the career of my life. any thoughts cheers. ed

    • 10 replies
    • 343 views
  11. Solskjaer20
    Started by Solskjaer20,

    Cheshire Police are opening externally for new Police Officers for the first time in nearly a year on May 6th. Student Officers The Recruitment Line for Student Police Officer applications will open between the hours of 9.00am and 4.00pm commencing on Tuesday 6th May 2008. The Constabulary is only making 500 application packs available during this recruitment campaign, and to obtain one, applicants will be required to attend one of a number of pre-arranged Recruitment Seminars being held at Police Headquarters, Winsford. Recruitment Seminars have been scheduled for Saturday 10th May, Wednesday 14th May, Saturday 17th May and Thursday 22nd May 2008. Places will be allo…

    • 1 reply
    • 759 views
  12. halifaxguy
    Started by halifaxguy,

    I was just wondering if iam breaking any rules!! I am awaiting my fitness test as a PC.... but also waiting for my medical to be a PCSO in a differnt force.... iv been told that its a totally different job role and no breaking nany regulations is this true. thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 428 views
  13. halifaxguy
    Started by halifaxguy,

    hi all is anybody got there fitness test for manchester police on the 27th may, i do. just wanna get in the job now.. when do the refferences take place?

    • 6 replies
    • 773 views
    Times_champion
  14. Superdon
    Started by Superdon,

    Just starting to fill out my security form and employment history timeline for West Mercia. Couple of questions... On the security form, it asks about criminal convictions. It says I should include all motoring offences when a spot fine has been give. Does this mean speeding tickets? I think I had two or three when I was younger (10-12 years ago) and they are long gone of my licence. If I should include these, how would I find out about them? If they are off my licence, is there records elsewhere? Secondly. On the employment history timeline. I am fairly certain of the dates I have, but they may be out by a month or two in some cases. I have called HMRC to see if the…

    • 3 replies
    • 689 views
  15. gary2000
    Started by gary2000,

    Apologies firstly if this is alread on a post out there somewhere. Got my final interview coming up soon with the above named Police Force and was just looking for some pointers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to find information on Hampshires Policing policies as well as other basic info about the Force but the website doesn't go into any great depth that i can see. Thanks in advance for the help Gary

    • 7 replies
    • 413 views
    Tim in the South

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.