Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. huggiebear1
    Started by huggiebear1,

    Hi I am looking for some help with the examples of behaviour questions for the post of custody detention officer, you know the kind - Give a example when... Behaviour headings are: Respect for race and diversity Personal responsibility Resilience Effective communication Community and customer focus Teamworking. I have an answer for each but I dont know if they are any good, can anyone help?? It would be very much appreciated!! Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 338 views
  2. DannyBoy86
    Started by DannyBoy86,

    Just wondering if anyone has any information regarding the specifics of Dorset's training regime, i.e. do they do the foundation degree, and if so, where? Also I'd appreciate any information whatsoever on Dorset's training structure and what I can expect. I've just been given my provisional start date in August and I'm in danger of getting excited now.... cheers in advance for any help.

  3. dellboydave
    Started by dellboydave * ,

    Hi All, I am absolutely poohing my pants and am a nervous wreck coming into this day..... have studied hard but unlike me degree and other past exmas i still find myself less confident than ever before!! :-( Anyone else got there's this Monday and feeling same?? or likewise anyone really confident and can give me some last weekend revision major tips.....particulely in the maths area....i know its multiple choice but my maths is absolute terrible but should be OK in the other areas... Look forward to meeting you Monday. Good luck one and all. Dave Watson

    • 3 replies
    • 276 views
  4. Livin_on_a_prayer
    Started by Livin_on_a_prayer,

    Hi, Im at university at the moment, but as ive been planning for a very long time now, i want to join the police. However, something came to my attention recently that may cause a problem in my background checks. Basically i have a half sister, from my dads older marriage, i dont really know her at all, ive only met her a few times in my life, and she isnt considered part of the family, my dad never see's her and its like she doesn’t exist really. Now i dont know the full details, however a few years ago she fell into a life of drugs and crime, and she was convicted of drug offences (i think) and armed robbery, and apparently involved in prostitution.. She served a pri…

    • 3 replies
    • 519 views
  5. w00t
    Started by w00t,

    Hi Folks, I've got an interview for a support staff role with the police, i have an interview next week, with a potential drug test the week after. I'm quite a heavy drinker and smoke the odd joint - plus the fact I went to Amsterdam last month on a lads weekend! I might be jumping the gun a bit, as I have to pass the interview first, but would this ruin my chances of a job with them? Its a support role, not on the beat and public facing, if that makes any difference. If i stand no chance, then I'll withdraw my application and look elsewhere for a job, rather than go to the interview and waste time. Any advice much appreciated.

  6. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    i heard a rumour that it is possible through some forces to track your results and actually find your scores before you get the letter.........any one know how? i belive the person who did it before was in the met and obtained the scores from the internet somehow !!

    • 1 reply
    • 243 views
  7. dlroberts10
    Started by dlroberts10 * ,

    Hi. I'm 25 and am hoping to apply to join the Police Force as PO. However about a year ago I got convicted of Breach of Trust and given community service. The incident happened while I was working as a nightclub manager, and one of my main duties was being in charge of the safe. I was having money management problems and borrowed money from the safe in which I planned to place back into it at a later date. Before that happened I was found out and thus arrested and charged with Breach of Trust under S1 Theft Act 1968. I always admitted the offence and pleaded guilty and was always co-operative and have never had any other convictions or any sort of problem with the p…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.6k views
    skymaster1546620110
  8. rjones1546620116
    Started by rjones1546620116 * ,

    Hi guys. Just a medical question really, I recently fractured my hip during Royal Marines training and had to have pins and a screw put in to hold the bone in place until it heals. I'm being medically discharged due to the obvious long healing time My question is, once the bone is healed and I've had the pins taken out would I still be elligable to apply for the Police? Do I even need to have the pins taken out to apply? The rest of my medical history is excellent and this is only a 'completed' stress fracture so I dont have a weak bone syndrome of any kind. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

  9. RobEmery
    Started by RobEmery,

    My assessment centre is on Wednesday and I was just wondering if they tell you when you have 1 minute/30 seconds left during the numerical and verbal reasoning tests?

  10. carolwar1546620144
    Started by carolwar1546620144,

    Hi all, well the day has finally arrived and the old fitness test is knocking at the door. here's hoping the work has paid off just wondering who else will be joining me at the grand old time of 8am in the morning? well to anyone who has there test tomorrow see you there and all the best. here's to some early morning running

    • 9 replies
    • 280 views
  11. RHare
    Started by RHare,

    Hi Anyone going to Ryton on 6th Feb, 08.20 start? I think that I've covered everything but I'm sure you'll know what I mean when I confess to asking myself that question - "what if.....?" I must be saying this over and over in my sleep!! I have to admit that I am now mentally and physically spent! My family are saints for putting up with me going on and on about the same thing for what seems like a lifetime. They have been very good at finding "very important things to do" when I'm having an histerical 'letting off steam' outburst. Hows everyone else getting on? Not long to go now - thanks goodness!!!!

  12. joanne82
    Started by joanne82,

    Got my fitness test at 5 o'clock Tomorrow for GMP, anyone else have there test?? What do I turn up in? Fitness gear or suit?? Please advise!

  13. Mv8
    Started by Mv8,

    Whats the overall police pass mark these days? I hear some say 60% and others say 50%. Which is it out of interest? Does it matter on the actual Police force?

    • 24 replies
    • 2.5k views
    dellboydave *
  14. Rolfe
    Started by Rolfe,

    hi all have just received the last bits of paperwork from the MOD so im all good to go for a start on may 12th hope everyone else has received all they were expecting and are now good to go?

    • 0 replies
    • 475 views
  15. LeeWo
    Started by LeeWo,

    Hi there, I recently sat my assessment centre and recieved my results today. Couldn't wait to get home to find out my score. However, after finding out I am gutted, as I actually passed the national standard however due to high number of candidates the pass boundary was raised apparently, and so I therefore failed. I was wondering if there was anything I could do in this situation, ie. could I transfer my results to another force recruiting and see if they would take me? Or does it mean that it is just a fail and I have to wait 6 months and go back to stage 1? Thank you for your responses in advance.

    • 12 replies
    • 660 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.